Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Oof. I suppose I should be thankful but this still sucks. Bought at 1,053. Since then other reasonable bids have been taken. Only asks up now are a bit out of the range I was willing to pay. Maybe I’ll hit on the LLLLounds!!

Attachments

• 8A2470D5-0FF8-471F-B307-2704C9CCB2A3.png
    8A2470D5-0FF8-471F-B307-2704C9CCB2A3.png
    787 KB · Views: 155
Oof. I suppose I should be thankful but this still sucks. Bought at 1,053. Since then other reasonable bids have been taken. Only asks up now are a bit out of the range I was willing to pay. Maybe I’ll hit on the LLLLounds!!
If I’m reading this right you were down to pay a grip for those? Or is that what someone else payed and you missed out due to that?

Man thats a lot of bread for a New Balance!! Wealth!
This was/is the only shoe(admittedly my Holy Grails) I'd consider forking over that much for even knowing I was paying way too much. Of course I decide to get myself something nice and this happens haha oh well what can you do.

If I’m reading this right you were down to pay a grip for those?

Just slightly over, yes. They were shipped to StockX and didn't pass the authentication process. There are some things that just really reach out and grab you and for me this was one of them.

Last edited:
My M1400MG came from Marshalls ($40) , a size 13 with NB Japan tags, a real unicorn.

Wishes can come true. You can find a DS M1400NV on eBay for under $100. Probably a 1400MG too but they are starting to dry up.

View attachment 2615696
Wow thank you! Shocking amount of these for around $100 since at the time they sold out everywhere!

Odd question, since I own a pair, but my feet have grown since having kids (am I the only guy this happened to?) and I outgrew my original 1400s. I'm now a 12 in everything but the 1300, which I was swimming in. Does the 1400 size the same as a 1300 or more in the 997/992 range?

I love these but over a stack for them!?
I picked up a couple Polo Traveler Shorts as a baggies alternative. The inseam is 5.5,” so just barely cuttin’ a cooch, but overall I’m happy with them.

B74081FE-72BF-4E2E-A978-C3DA693FA387.jpeg
.5" too long...

I love these but over a stack for them!?

.5" too long...

I know I don't need to justify or defend myself but as to "why" I'm not sure something makes me really pull to this shoe but the resell price of course turned me away. I'm not a "hype beast" I own no supreme, or Kith or anything like that. I don't collect or buy any other shoes or other high end items, nothing but Newb's. I've been working my *** off took care of all my obligations and wanted to reward myself. I had been planning to go CRAZY on NB1 when it returned but seeing speculation it wouldn't be back for a year made me start itching so I said screw it and decided to dish for what I consider a dream shoe. This was definitely something out of character for me and I wouldn't pay anywhere near half what I bid on the WTAPS on any other shoes, other NB colabs included.

Resellers keep winning, because people are willing to fork over asinine prices. We the buyers need to control the market to stop this madness, or at least tame it. Paying a stack for some sneakers that dropped this year is wild.

I also want to say I completely understand and agree with the sentiment of being willing to purchase at that price messes up the market and as for that I really have no answer. I wasn't going to be the first person to pay that much so it's not like I started a price run or anything *shrug*. As I explained above this was a one off attempt to snag a shoe that I really wanted and had no realistic shot of copping on drop.

I know I don't need to justify or defend myself but as to "why" I'm not sure something makes me really pull to this shoe but the resell price of course turned me away. I'm not a "hype beast" I own no supreme, or Kith or anything like that. I don't collect or buy any other shoes or other high end items, nothing but Newb's. I've been working my *** off took care of all my obligations and wanted to reward myself. I had been planning to go CRAZY on NB1 when it returned but seeing speculation it wouldn't be back for a year made me start itching so I said screw it and decided to dish for what I consider a dream shoe. This was definitely something out of character for me and I wouldn't pay anywhere near half what I bid on the WTAPS on any other shoes, other NB colabs included.

I also want to say I completely understand and agree with the sentiment of being willing to purchase at that price messes up the market and as for that I really have no answer. I wasn't going to be the first person to pay that much so it's not like I started a price run or anything *shrug*. As I explained above this was a one off attempt to snag a shoe that I really wanted and had no realistic shot of copping on drop.

Just do you and wear in good health! 🥂

Back
Top Bottom