Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Since when are they called the Nantucket?!

And are we going to have all stressed out over all these different GRs all summer and bought them all from random boutiques and/or for marked up prices only to have them all dropped mass market in early fall?!

🤷‍♂️ **** it. Thrill was in the chase. I wouldn’t trade any of it. (Except for a few of those collab Ls but I chalk those up to 2020)

I personally like community driven nicknames .. feels like it gives us a sense of ownership .. just my 2¢

I don't know if I'm the only one but I have been wondering why, on some 992 stock pics, the N logo seemed way smaller than on some others...
Comparing my TAN in a 8,5 and the GR a 9, they are clearly different.
I guess NB don't have a different logo size for every shoe size, and they use the same N for size 6-8,5, then another for 9-11,5,etc...
Geeky detail maybe :nerd:

20200708_145253.jpg

missed that 990v2 link...slightly bitter

edit: The Wire does not paint the city in a good light :lol:

I grew up in northern MD (harford county) lived in Fells Point for about 4 years...currently in NW DC right by Takoma Park MD

Well maybe not, but it’s like a top 5 all time show, so. Anyway, Fells Point is great!
Edit: I stayed in a hotel overlooking Camden Yards, so the ferry to Fells Point was right down the road. I ended up spending probably half my stay there.

Last edited:
I don't know if I'm the only one but I have been wondering why, on some 992 stock pics, the N logo seemed way smaller than on some others...
I guess NB don't have a different logo size for every shoe size, and they use the same N for size 6-8,5, then another for 9-11,5,etc...
QUOTE]

I have a 9.5 and 9 and both 'N's seem to be the same size but the boxes are different sizes.
IMG_20200828_131626.jpg

I personally like community driven nicknames .. feels like it gives us a sense of ownership .. just my 2¢
With you 100%. It’s just weird how this shoe has so many different names from retail though: Seersucker, Nantucket, Boats and Beaches. And they’re all presented as official titles.

But we’ll always know what their real name is...

Not NB related at all, but Baltimore is one of the most underrated cities. I had a blast when I stopped by for a few days on vacation before. Plus The Wire.
Eh... you were probably in the inner harbor area right. I wouldnt say its underrated...def food and bar scene is good. Charm City isnt what it used to be. Def a city that can be restored back to its glory days with a few clean up on crime and poverty. So sad.

20200708_145253.jpg
Thats what i noticed too. I wear 8.5 so i always wondered why the n was so small lol

Thanks!

Thanks! 30 year/ 2.8%
We went into it planning to do a 20 year but the rates were identical. Decided to free up that extra cash but plan on always over paying unless a financial emergency pops up. We thought the rate on our current home was great from 2015. They’re just silly now.

Thanks! Easily a top 5 favorite 1500 for me.
Wow thats a hell of a rate. Thought i got a good deal in 3.8 a few years ago. Wonder if its worth refinancing

Not NB related at all, but Baltimore is one of the most underrated cities. I had a blast when I stopped by for a few days on vacation before. Plus The Wire.

missed that 990v2 link...slightly bitter

edit: The Wire does not paint the city in a good light :lol:

I grew up in northern MD (harford county) lived in Fells Point for about 4 years...currently in NW DC right by Takoma Park MD
Watch out though I think Marlo is in this thread somewhere.

A few sizes under 11 popped up again of these with the code BTS25 active for 25% with free shipping from the looks of things. Still regret not snagging a 12 a while back.

Nice to know my two pending charges still have some hope.
If my 2 pending charges dissappeared and the money returned to my account, does that pretty much mean LLLL? I recall a similar thing happened with the ALD pairs. I had pending charges, then they were dropped, but then I received a confirmation email followed by the charges reappearing on my bank account again. I feel maybe I need to avoid any impulsive cops until I officially receive an L notification.

Eh... you were probably in the inner harbor area right. I wouldnt say its underrated...def food and bar scene is good. Charm City isnt what it used to be. Def a city that can be restored back to its glory days with a few clean up on crime and poverty. So sad.

Cool people man.

Wow thats a hell of a rate. Thought i got a good deal in 3.8 a few years ago. Wonder if its worth refinancing
Definitely. We were at 3.75 from a few years back and just went to 3.25 a couple months ago. Shopping again to see if we can get it lower.

We were just offered 3.0 for a vacation home we’re shopping for, which is bonkers.

Not what it used to be when? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom