Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

25F047AD-8C40-4C58-84F9-105A62AA637B.jpeg

9A00A814-932E-42CE-A065-AE474C885C89.jpeg

Navy J crew 998

Not sure sure to be honest. Folks have been going back and forth for years ago it.

People still going at it on Twitter about it in 2020.

Foams are DC for sure.

Nike Boots are DC for sure.

But WE (DC) don't wear anything from NB that isn't Grey. All those other colorways is for out of towners.
CO-SIGN to ALL of this! LMBO Though I will say that even though I am a Washingtonian born and raised (NE/SE), I did and still do wear NBs that are other colors that are not grey (black and navy blue). Back in the day, if you had a pair of 996s in grey, black and navy, you were good. LOL Grey was the most popular though.....you could wear those with ANYTHING!

NBs are definitely a Northeast Regional sneaker (from DC up to Boston). You were flossing if you were wearing them back in the day, especially if you had the 990s. Those joints are legendary, but us who were teens in the 90s seemed to be more into 996s (in DC anyway). I swear, I wish NB would bring back the original grey pair as a limited edition US-made special or something.....I know we have the 574s and they are kinda like 996s, but nothing tops the original of that style though!

NBs are definitely a Northeast Regional sneaker (from DC up to Boston). You were flossing if you were wearing them back in the day, especially if you had the 990s. Those joints are legendary, but us who were teens in the 90s seemed to be more into 996s (in DC anyway). I swear, I wish NB would bring back the original grey pair as a limited edition US-made special or something.....I know we have the 574s and they are kinda like 996s, but nothing tops the original of that style though!

grey 996s are still out there in random spots

I have no idea if either place was a hotbed for NB. But what I do know is nobody gave a **** what was going on there when I was young.

Back
Top Bottom