Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

sure thing. I try to chop it up with him when he's around at the store. This convo was based on the 550 tease he had put up. Told him got my pinks and was happy. He asked how i felt bout the pre-order. Told him it was great concept.

He stated that NB gave him a hard time about the pre-order concept, specifically since it wasn't a strategy NB hasn't employed with a lot of these collaborations. He said to me that his goal is to get the product into the customer's hands; those who really want them.

He wanted to kill resell. He said that ALD base has no room for resellers. He said that's why he does the whole EA thing too.

So basically he runs a loyalty program.

I think it just makes perfect sense that he moves up to creative director as team really is an "american dream" type brand. When I see ALD i dont think Kith. I think more Ralph.

I know two NTers in this thread are probably super excited about the Theodore news
Thank you for this breakdown bro. Just waiting on the next preorder now. 😆

BF97A984-CD2C-48D9-939B-8F6DBF029BB3.gif

Thank you for this breakdown bro. Just waiting on the next preorder now. 😆
Ima ask him directly if hes running one next go round. feel like it will be just like the EA raffle access then general access. MiA prob has quicker turn around and larger production capability so no need for preorder.

Ima ask him bout the 1300 public release although I feel like thats soon come

On that note...I got a feeling too that after the "pre-order" pairs shipped ..interest waned short of people complaining about shipping and how that took so long being seemingly on indefinite status.

imagine this starting to being a standard for other brands...

On that note...I got a feeling too that after the "pre-order" pairs shipped ..interest waned short of people complaining about shipping and how that took so long being seemingly on indefinite status.

imagine this starting to being a standard for other brands...
fickle nature of consumers and how shoe/release cycles work these days.

im old and washed so i dont mind copping and forgetting until it comes in vibe.

no shipping for me as well. Tough luck.

I disagree with these not feeling special anymore. Who cares how many ppl have em, it’s a clean colorway that will be impossible to cop on drop day. Everything preorder pls.
Still only a few thousand pairs. Even if you live in a big city you won't see them like you would a 574, yeezy, etc. Plus they aren't hyped anymore so people will wear them and in a few years who knows?

Not many if anyone apparently. I remember Joe Grondin saying it was a different strategy that they wanted to try moving forward, and if I’m not mistaken from an ALD thread post, JPS JPS had heard that Teddy really pushed for the preorder strategy when NB didn’t want to do it. JPS JPS could you elaborate on if this was something you heard at the store? Thank you!

Yes, the communication could’ve been a bit more consistent, but the intentions were good. To get product to consumers vs. resellers. I’d preorder again in a heartbeat. I don’t think it was this specific event that got him the position, it was his effort from the start with each collab he did.

Would 100% preorder again. Gets the sneakers I to hands of people who truly wants it. I don't mind waiting months for a guaranteed pair.

But let's not forget that everybody thought it was a raffle. So they probably saw way more orders for this preorder than they would have if people knew it was a preorder.

Back
Top Bottom