Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

The $220 definitely threw me off after the Rons were $175. The tax and shipping and shipping tax should have broken me, but I’m a sucker.

a lot of this blame goes on these snkr Twitter/IG accounts that post all these release like they're some hyped up Travis/Virgil shoe, they even post links to StockX to show resale value. It just gets a bunch of amateur resellers jumping on and ruining everything for people that actually love the shoe

This is too true. And it gets a bunch of amateur ppl period jumping in on a release that wouldn't have otherwise.

I've struck up a conversation with a guy at a coffee shop I frequent who asked me if i was into shoes because he spotted different pairs I was wearing. Come to find out, he's an amateur reseller (and kind of proud of it).

I had your exact same question. "Why go through the trouble of flipping for such little return?" From his perspective, though, he's still making a few bucks here and there. Just a simple and lazy mindset and the competition we have to deal with...

That's atrocious, you want to aim higher for a side hustle lol. Oh well, it is what it is...

I honestly think a lot of these amateur resellers just want to ride the wave but don’t really love it enough to dedicate as much money to keep and wear pairs, so they sell to break even just to say they were there.

That's atrocious, you want to aim higher for a side hustle lol. Oh well, it is what it is...

Just to tie a ribbon on my story:

Asked this kid what shoes he's in to. Jordan 1s and dunks (of course lol) and yeezys.
Didn't know anything about the history of the 1s or the differences between sb and non-sb dunks.
Said the fragment dunks were "fire" but had no clue what fragment design is.
And he doesn't mention anything to me when I wear NBs, asics, or anything non-nike, non-yeezy.
At this point, I like asking him questions because the responses just amuse me.

I tried for the bodegas but failed after multiple attempts, as I’m based in the UK I was concerned at the possible customs charges so I’m kinda okay with missing out on them. Should they have a worldwide release I might attempt again though. Another reason I was okay missing out is because I had purchased the 990 Version 2 (with the red tag) this morning. It’s been a expensive month 🙃🙃🙃

Eh, if you can make $20-$30 clicking a single button on SNKRS or trying to cop on a site for 5-10 minutes it's worth it to some people. That's like 2 days worth of eating lunch out for 5-10 minutes of "work".

993 for today’s explore in PR.
5CA371A2-7C3A-4FA4-956E-A8B275D9BAE5.png

Eh, if you can make $20-$30 clicking a single button on SNKRS or trying to cop on a site for 5-10 minutes it's worth it to some people. That's like 2 days worth of eating lunch out for 5-10 minutes of "work".

Only add here is that if you are reselling them, that is a trip to the post office or UPS for example. So there is more than just buying the shoes off an app. But hey, people will do crazy things I guess to cover a cup of coffee.

I had purchased the 990 Version 2 (with the red tag) this morning. It’s been a expensive month 🙃🙃🙃

OffSpring are always dropping the ball and releasing New Balance sneakers early by mistake, they did the same with the 5740 Grey Days. But them 990v2 are pricey (£230/$320) half thinking that could be a pricing mistake.

Just to tie a ribbon on my story:

Asked this kid what shoes he's in to. Jordan 1s and dunks (of course lol) and yeezys.
Didn't know anything about the history of the 1s or the differences between sb and non-sb dunks.
Said the fragment dunks were "fire" but had no clue what fragment design is.
And he doesn't mention anything to me when I wear NBs, asics, or anything non-nike, non-yeezy.
At this point, I like asking him questions because the responses just amuse me.
So what? Let him buy what he likes. He doesnt need to know the history of a sneaker to like it. :rolleyes

OffSpring are always dropping the ball and releasing New Balance sneakers early by mistake, they did the same with the 5740 Grey Days. But them 990v2 are pricey (£230/$320) half thinking that could be a pricing mistake.

I saw the pricing was high but given the V1 is retailing for £200 I know the V2s will be more. I had also had an order for them cancelled a month ago from a US retailer (released them too early again).

I honestly think a lot of these amateur resellers just want to ride the wave but don’t really love it enough to dedicate as much money to keep and wear pairs, so they sell to break even just to say they were there.
Very soon these bozos are gonna have tax implications they’re gonna have to sort out too

To be fair NB/shop owners and staff add more fuel to the fire then actual resellers between the back dooring, seeding out 100s of pairs, letting staff resell and producing bull**** hype and having little to no transparency about releases.

Just found out a buddy of mine scooped a 10.5 for me. He said he waited in line for like 5 minutes and then checked out normally. I tried for like 25 minutes and got declined probably like 30 times.

Back
Top Bottom