Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

For those that own the Rain Cloud Protection Pack 2002Rs, will the outsole detailing (vintage worn look) be removed when soaked with water, or will it retain that look after being soaked?

Outsole.jpg

Seems to me like it's there to stay

Picked up my EB shipment today after I had it delivered to my neighborhood CVS. Wasn't sure about the hype on the NBs when I ordered them but hooooooly moley :nthat:

20210807_230043.jpg

Also, the tee I got from the Y2K capsule may be one of the top-5 EB has done - love it.

20210807_230259.jpg

Did you get the mix CD in your shipment lol? They're by far my favorite shop, and it's because they do such cool **** like this...

20210807_230140.jpg

I didn't get the CD probably because I didn't get any of the Y2K stuff lol. That's fire though

Well, the 992 I got from NB is defective. I’m so used to trying on one shoe for sizing purposes that it never occurred to me to try both, just in case. Well a 15 minute walk later I discover that the left shoe has a defect near the ball of my toe. It’s uneven under the insole. Anyone have experience dealing with them for a defective shoe? I have 20 NB pairs and have never had this happen before (including outlet/Marshall's purchases).

Well, the 992 I got from NB is defective. I’m so used to trying on one shoe for sizing purposes that it never occurred to me to try both, just in case. Well a 15 minute walk later I discover that the left shoe has a defect near the ball of my toe. It’s uneven under the insole. Anyone have experience dealing with them for a defective shoe? I have 20 NB pairs and have never had this happen before (including outlet/Marshall's purchases).
I just experienced this with my last 992 purchase. I got the wrong size (first time buying 992s) but when I got them there was a little piece of the sole poking up around the ball of my left foot also, area right behind the big toe. Luckily I returned them and got my true size but even the new ones have some imperfections with the soles that I can feel through the bottom of the shoe. I've always wanting a pair of 992s but I think I might return these also.

I've got a 10 in the V2s and a 10.5 in the 1500s and they both fit great. I'm in-between a 10 and 10.5, but have found most MiUK pairs to fit better in a 10.5 (a bit narrower), while MiUS pairs fit me well in a 10. I have plenty of 1500s in a 10 and usually just wear thinner socks and have used some cedar shoe trees to stretch them out just a bit.
Thanks for the reply. I'm starting to unfortunately figure out my right foot is wider than my left. So every time I try on a shoe I need to decide if I want my right foot a little tight, not uncomfortable, and my left perfect. Or my right foot perfect and my left shoe kinda looking like a clown shoe. My MiUSA size seems to be a 10 also with the right shoe being a little smaller. But I tried on a 10.5 in v3 and 992s and while my right foot feels better there's almost a thumb and half room in the left shoe. Definitely too big.

I just experienced this with my last 992 purchase. I got the wrong size (first time buying 992s) but when I got them there was a little piece of the sole poking up around the ball of my left foot also, area right behind the big toe. Luckily I returned them and got my true size but even the new ones have some imperfections with the soles that I can feel through the bottom of the shoe. I've always wanting a pair of 992s but I think I might return these also.

Thanks for your response. That pattern of flaws seems troubling. Never experienced this once with NB. I’m wondering if some moleskin padding would even that part out. Regardless, I wrote to them, will see what they say tomorrow.

Edit - tried on the new left teal one and it’s the same problem. I’m done. Will return this and will hopefully be able to get an exchange for the maroon since it’s used now.

edit 2: teal is sold out. This is really annoying.Can’t even try to exchange.

Last edited:
Same here I think. For $185 I can find a better fitting new balance.

I love the shape, but walking in them with the defect is torture. I’ve tried thicker insoles and I still feel it. Will buy some moleskin padding tomorrow for one more attempt. I hate having to return things.

At least I got them from new balance themselves. I don’t want to imagine what this would be like if I got it from eBay/a reseller…

I love the shape, but walking in them with the defect is torture. I’ve tried thicker insoles and I still feel it. Will buy some moleskin padding tomorrow for one more attempt. I hate having to return things.

At least I got them from new balance themselves. I don’t want to imagine what this would be like if I got it from eBay/a reseller…
I'm just going to return mine. Luckily got mine at footlocker so won't be a problem. Love the shoe but like I said I'm sure I can find another model I like more that fits me better. Luckily most the 992 collabs are ridiculously priced so the desire of owning them is lower than more obtainable new balance collabs. Ha.

This thread like the travis jordan 1 thread :lol: i feel so welcome here
Remember to show us the tracking number for delivery to your verified shipping address, along with a link to your ring cam footage. We’ll also need to make sure your photo matches the person receiving the package in the video and a signature sample to cross reference delivery receipt.

thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom