Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

3C021F3F-9A81-4702-9676-9003C4140DBC.jpeg

SMDH

don't really care about the how - I care about WHY jjjound allowed this to happen - that's a big eff you to everyone who tried to cop a single pair manually.
I get it - but I would also like to know why... SNKRS, New Balance, pretty much all retailers let it happen because they all get hit by bots.

something needs to be down about resale of all products - we need consumer protections and stop getting middleman all the time. because it's not just shoes, its everything that is popular.

I get it - but I would also like to know why... SNKRS, New Balance, pretty much all retailers let it happen because they all get hit by bots.

something needs to be down about resale of all products - we need consumer protections and stop getting middleman all the time. because it's not just shoes, its everything that is popular.

Can you imagine manually verifying every address and cross checking them for thousands of orders? It would take forever and it would be costly. They use tricks to add slight variations to your address so they don't get flagged and you can use something like https://privacy.com/ to generate different credit cards. It's an extremely expensive battle and bots/resellers will always be one step ahead.

Can you imagine manually verifying every address and cross checking them for thousands of orders? It would take forever and it would be costly. They use tricks to add slight variations to your address so they don't get flagged and you can use something like https://privacy.com/ to generate different credit cards. It's an extremely expensive battle and bots/resellers will always be one step ahead.
lol it's not expensive - ever heard of decision optimization software/python code? its super easy to code business rules using simple if then statements to cancel a variety of suspect orders. if you add that on top of bot protection (advanced captcha, url re-directs, and random times for the drops) you've solved a lot of the problem. I could do it for a simple site like jjjound in 1 day from my MacBook.

and this is why i am constantly hating resellers. **** RESALE>
Its a viscous cycle. You should also hate the people that buy from the resellers because thats what perpetuates the cycle. When you see posts like "Eff it I just bought it from xyz literally after they couldn't get it from the initial drop" Those are the dumbasses you should hate too. Those are the people that drive the market price.

lol it's not expensive - ever heard of decision optimization software/python code? its super easy to code business rules using simple if then statements to cancel a variety of suspect orders. if you add that on top of bot protection (advanced captcha, url re-directs, and random times for the drops) you've solved a lot of the problem. I could do it for a simple site like jjjound in 1 day from my MacBook.

I've been a software engineer for over 15 years working primarily on e-commerce websites. All of those are easily by passed. If you can think you can code something in a day on your MacBook, I think you can get a lot of businesses interested in your solution. Once you're done, let me know, and I can connect you with some shops.

Its a viscous cycle. You should also hate the people that buy from the resellers because thats what perpetuates the cycle. When you see posts like "Eff it I just bought it from xyz literally after they couldn't get it from the initial drop" Those are the dumbasses you should hate too. Those are the people that drive the market price.

i can get behind that. Even tho I have gone resale a couple times but it's not many. Actually, since getting some fakes from GOAT - i haven't been back to a resale since. That was like 3 months ago. They refunded my money but, still.

What is even more ****ed is a girl I know bought some Union Guava's off of a resale on insta and got fakes. Lost out of about 600 or so bucks.

Back
Top Bottom