Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Minimum wage is 14 and change in MA. I’m assuming NB is paying their employees more than that. Add in burden, cost of materials, overhead, r&d, NB margin, retailer margin, and I’m not surprised at MiUSA price. The 991s are made in UK so assuming similar expenses the retail is essentially MiUSA retail plus duties/insurance/shipping to import it stateside.

Someone on last page said something about making more pairs but it’s really not that easy to scale up production. The reality is most US factories for clothes/shoes are just not as up to date as those overseas.

990tc2 arrived

8FD132A5-A0BC-40F2-9023-00BFE26B596A.jpeg

Even if it costs $20 to physically make the shoe…there are a hundred behind the scenes costs that are absorbed as well. And then the mark up at 3rd patty retailers…because unlike Nikes new customer direct statagy a majority of sneakers are sold from 3rd party stores who are also a business, and would like to earn a profit and they also have the hidden costs aside from their wholesale buy in price.
Honestly, though it is a lot of money in general for most consumer goods, $275 isnt a huge deviation from other 991 and MiUK of the recent years due to tariffs, etc. Even the all mint 997 in 2019/2020 was $250 retail. People also freaked out in 1982 when the 990 came out at $100 msrp. (Also with collabs there’s profit sharing sine of the time as well)

(Hidden cost R&D, designers, sample process, marketing, facilities costs, etc etc etc. …kinda similar to the difference of being able to afford to buy a BMW VS affording to own a BMW…there’s a lot more expense than the physical cost)

Minimum wage is 14 and change in MA. I’m assuming NB is paying their employees more than that. Add in burden, cost of materials, overhead, r&d, NB margin, retailer margin, and I’m not surprised at MiUSA price. The 991s are made in UK so assuming similar expenses the retail is essentially MiUSA retail plus duties/insurance/shipping to import it stateside.

Someone on last page said something about making more pairs but it’s really not that easy to scale up production. The reality is most US factories for clothes/shoes are just not as up to date as those overseas.
You really think flimby and the us factory are operating at capacity? Surely you jest. And lol @r&d for the 991

I was talking in general but any new color locking or trying new materials is considered R&D…flying for design meetings, fabric sampling etc. all R&D and Product Developement.

Finding staff is probably the most significant challenge NB is facing today. They are definitely paying a premium for labor in the US and UK, which translates to higher prices. You can’t compare MiUSA and MiUK products to anything that Nike is making in sweat shops in Asia. Quality and materials are always going to be significantly better and they are actually paying their employees a living wage, likely with benefits. Considering that they are wholesaling shoes at 50% MSRP to retailers their margins on MiUSA/UK products can’t be great. $275 is not ideal but considering the price increases Nike is rolling out this year for inferior quality products made with basically slave labor (Jordan 3/4 going to $210) it’s not completely unreasonable.

I have two pairs of 2002Rs, the newly released Hazy Blue from the "Suede Pack" and the black suede ones (2002RHO). I'm looking at the purchasing the "Protection Pack" Mirage Grey and wanted to know if they fit the same?

I wouldn't be surprised if they are already short staffed and overworked just by looking at the recent QC issues people have been having. Ramping up production even more would be probably be disastrous for the workers.

All those waiting on JFG 9060s.. good news.

Checked the FedEx app and saw tracking and an ETA were loaded. I never got a follow up shipment message or email from JFG/Instagram shop.

Check your FedEx apps
Shipment information sent to FedEx since last Friday

Not gonna use the holiday weekend excuse cause I ordered something from Nike Saturday and it’s arriving Thursday from FedEx.

C’mon JFG

Back
Top Bottom