Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

IMG_0386.jpeg

Finally got the V6’s but both shoes had right foot insoles. C’mon NB…
I like the V6 but am disappointed by NB quality control recently. I guess they too busy cashing checks now that the brand has entered its hype beast era.

Didn’t know what cream laces to buy off amazon for the Grey Day V6’s since I would be particular with the length, thickness, and quality.

So I just took the original white laces that came with the shoes and poured a hot espresso shot over them with some hot water and soaked for about 10 mins.

Pretty happy with the end result once they dried:

F2BA2C0E-FD07-426A-AB0D-07A035FD631B.jpeg D50E42A3-04F3-4086-90C4-23E23A6D740A.jpeg

Last edited:
I think the v6s the standout pair. I’m on a 576 binge lol

I'm on a General NB kick right now. Always been a fan(specifically of the 997) but now I'm actively scouring the net for differently numbered MiUK & MiUS pairs. Just copped elite 999's and I been looking at the pink 576 on NB. I vibe with those hard lol for sure copping soon.

V6 I had to get a 10.5 wide. 990v4, I went with 10.5 medium.

What’s the sizing like on the 998 core and Grey Day?!
I commented a few pages back but my Grey Day 998s are super tight. I'm a TTS 11.5 and I bought an 11 which I've always done but I can't wear them. With that said, I also feel like the 11.5 would be too big. There is just something off with them compared to 998s I've had in the past.

anyone have the X-90's? if so how do they fit, feel?

They fit like the gr 997h imo, you can do tts and be ok. They're kinda long though so you can size down and be comfortable as well but they aren't as roomy like 990v2 and made in UK 997s (which I go .5 down in those models)

X90s are comfortable on feet especially for being a budget stripped down 990v3/v4... they had a few aight colorways too

I commented a few pages back but my Grey Day 998s are super tight. I'm a TTS 11.5 and I bought an 11 which I've always done but I can't wear them. With that said, I also feel like the 11.5 would be too big. There is just something off with them compared to 998s I've had in the past.
Same. I responded to your initial post also but wanted to add that I noticed they’re cut even lower than even the most recent 998, the FLW. The whole shoe is just weird. The low cut, extra long tongue, tight fit, ****ty pleather on the tongue, and of course the heel. This iteration feels like the big bubble AM1 vs the 87 AM1. This 998 might be the truest since the original but sometimes the first iteration isn’t the best in my opinion.
6A9DB109-6BFA-4B6B-9F9D-93969BBA342C.jpeg

This 998 might be the truest since the original but sometimes the first iteration isn’t the best in my opinion.

This statement can apply to so many retros where we clamor for the original without realizing some of the changes over time are for the better. Not all and not always, but some.

Cream laces touched down. They should have released like this from the jump. They’re kinda thick too.
PXL_20230526_032113604.PORTRAIT.jpg

Which pair did you pick up - one the two mentioned here (Delele and Zhentor) or some other ones? Which length?

Same. I responded to your initial post also but wanted to add that I noticed they’re cut even lower than even the most recent 998, the FLW. The whole shoe is just weird. The low cut, extra long tongue, tight fit, ****ty pleather on the tongue, and of course the heel. This iteration feels like the big bubble AM1 vs the 87 AM1. This 998 might be the truest since the original but sometimes the first iteration isn’t the best in my opinion.
6A9DB109-6BFA-4B6B-9F9D-93969BBA342C.jpeg
You nailed it.

Man i want to wear my VD v4 tomorrow but i need sail laces lol.. didn’t somebody post some Amazon joints? I went back a few pages but can find them

Ahh, a new entrant to check out.

By the time I'm done, I should have enough cream/sail lace variations to cover anything Teddy throws at us lol

Word, I went with the Blazer laces because they are thicker and have that classic NB lace look with the thicker more prominent weave. I really enjoy that style of lace.

Didn’t know what cream laces to buy off amazon for the Grey Day V6’s since I would be particular with the length, thickness, and quality.

So I just took the original white laces that came with the shoes and poured a hot espresso shot over them with some hot water and soaked for about 10 mins.

Pretty happy with the end result once they dried:

F2BA2C0E-FD07-426A-AB0D-07A035FD631B.jpeg D50E42A3-04F3-4086-90C4-23E23A6D740A.jpeg
Best shade I’ve seen yet but I’m not that brave.

Back
Top Bottom