Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Today : m991pj

20231213_151136.jpg

The Atmos 2002Rs (Cybernetic Blue) are TEMPTING AF at $80. Anyone own them already? Is the mesh toe Grey, or is it that Cybernetic Blue color?

I'm not feeling the OG outsole color, so I may scoop up another 2002R as donors for this possible project:
I was thinking the same thing, but went with a 996 for about the same money.

I was thinking the same thing, but went with a 996 for about the same money.
Didn't know 996's were part of it. Tempting. 998s also are half off, and 990v4 GR (10 and up).

Blue 860v2 for $70 in cart.

I couldn't find that post where the person got sent the wrong shoes, but here they are if you still want them.

Didn't know 996's were part of it. Tempting. 998s also are half off, and 990v4 GR (10 and up).

Blue 860v2 for $70 in cart.

I couldn't find that post where the person got sent the wrong shoes, but here they are if you still want them.
That was me. I want the white/black pair. Thanks though.

M
I need to know how stockx is able to sleep at night. Haha

$76 sale price. Buyer pays $105 and Seller only gets $63. This is some BS!

I need to start a company to undercut stockx

IMG_0128.jpeg
IMG_0129.jpeg
I don’t really agree myself. $12.79 of fees on $76 shoes to (hypothetically) verify and process an order doesn’t seem that high to me.

Taxes on all online purchases screwed everyone. (Which is as much or more than the 8% they took from each side on this smaller purchase).

I do think where they go wrong is not giving you free shipping every 4-5 purchases.

M

I don’t really agree myself. $12.79 of fees on $76 shoes to (hypothetically) verify and process an order doesn’t seem that high to me.

Taxes on all online purchases screwed everyone. (Which is as much or more than the 8% they took from each side on this smaller purchase).

I do think where they go wrong is not giving you free shipping every 4-5 purchases.
$4 shipping from seller to verification but $15 from verification to buyer is insane!

$4 shipping from seller to verification but $15 from verification to buyer is insane!
Goat adds in a $5 fee and charges $.50 less for shipping. Same shipping on eBay. SNKRDNK is $38 shipping on most stuff but that includes the duty/tax but could be hit with customs on >$400.

They all average about 8-10% take and that’s up from 5-7% when they started and probably had less of an idea of actual overhead. It was also before historic inflation, logistics industry nightmares during the pandemic that changed costs forever (not to mention the recent UPS strike upping union salaries 20%). eBay takes 10-20% on items, poshmark takes 20% on everything. I lose about 13% on each record I sell on Discogs and then there’s shipping on top. So this seems like standard rates for the entire secondary marketplace.

The only major difference in total pricing has been the almost doubling of that percentage take as a buyer with taxes now in most states.

My seller transaction fees are 6%, and I used to try and bulk ship whenever possible to save on shipping fees...but the main thing is that I pay stockX to deal with the buyer. I don't want to hear whining about shipping, or how there's a minor blemish on the outsole, or have some greaseball try to scam me. I make sure my sneakers are A1 and stockX handles the rest. Nine cents on the dollar is fine by me.

My seller transaction fees are 6%, and I used to try and bulk ship whenever possible to save on shipping fees...but the main thing is that I pay stockX to deal with the buyer. I don't want to hear whining about shipping, or how there's a minor blemish on the outsole, or have some greaseball try to scam me. I make sure my sneakers are A1 and stockX handles the rest. Nine cents on the dollar is fine by me.
You’re also doing volume cause you need to be around 5k or almost an order a week per year to get the 6% rate or lower. It’s all calculated on sales volume and total margins. They’ll take less to secure higher value accounts like yourself. And these rates are actually lower. I was at level 4 in 2018 and it was still 8% I believe.

I believe I'm at level 3...but I keep up with "quick ship" and "successful ship" bonuses, which knock off 1% a piece. I think geography, personal taste/brand preference, and mostly dumb luck account for the preference between StockX v GOAT v eBay. I've personally found stockX to be the devil I know. More bad experiences than good with GOAT, and eBay is fine but as a buyer--their authentication process takes a long time.

Speaking of buying; does anyone know if the Patta 991v2 (either color) was released in a size 14 US? I saw a greyed-out 14 on Patta's sites. I was hoping to try for the Beets from New Balance, but they were removed from the launch calendar and haven't been put back up.

Ebay still has them both beat. Plus you can communicate with the seller about the price. I've landed some good deals just asking the seller what the lowest price they're willing to go.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom