Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

1704054168740.png

Love seeing Mike in them New Balanth :smokin

Few sizes for $150

Full size runs of the 996's too...$140 & $150...

*Bunch of ALD 650's & 550's available on sale too.

Last edited:
Would y’all describe 991 UKs as especially comfortable?

Particularly compared to other NB models like the 993 or 990s?

…I keep reading about a more narrow toe box.

I would say so for me. I just bought the 991 V2’s and are loving them. I’m a wide footer so I do go up .5 a size. I wear size 11 in my Jordans and all my 990’s (V3-V4’s). 993’s I’m a 10.5. Hope that helps.

I would not call the 991 narrow in general. It's similar to my Nike's in the same size. It's more that the 990/992/993 fit larger. I wear 1/2 size down in those models vs my Nike size.

You don’t go half size up in the 991?
When dealing with sizing questions you need to know what the frame of reference is [Measured TTS brannock device or otherwise]. Generally when people are talking about MiUK NBs they mention going 1/2 size up cause they run a little smaller/narrower - this is usually in reference to their MiUS NB sizing. You'll find a lot of people saying to go 1/2 down in MiUS NBs - this is usually in reference to their TTS, NB Made in China or Nike Sizing.

I wear a 10.5 (what I consider my TTS) in most nikes and all NB MiUK/MiAsia (havent tried 991V2s yet but everything I've heard tells me I should be 10.5). I wear a 10 in my MiUSA pairs 990v2, v3, v4, v6, 992, 993 & 998.

Unfortunately seems like this will be my last week rocking the fall rotation before the snow sticks around.
IMG_7490.jpeg

This 990v5 pair has been my daily beater for the last 15 months. Gym, walk the dog, run errands, etc. The soles show little to no wear. The upper suede has scuffs here and there but they’re in great condition. I guess this is why NB price tag is so high.

And best part, they’re as comfortable now as they were brand new. Ortholite insole is great.

IMG_0254.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom