Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Spider-Man 530's

Passing on the RFs.. would much rather get a MiUSA NB1 with the money
I think I'm with you on this one, homie. I was initially really excited at first but when all is said and done I kind of feel like a) it's a lazy collab and b) $160 is wayyy too much. Probably going to save the money for future miUSA collabs and more Flimby products.

Spider man look like some crocodile skin imitation. Bet no one will be able to see that they are spider man themed. so no 

I think I'm with you on this one, homie. I was initially really excited at first but when all is said and done I kind of feel like a) it's a lazy collab and b) $160 is wayyy too much. Probably going to save the money for future miUSA collabs and more Flimby products.

Didn't realize, so the RF's are not miusa / UK correct? Idk I feel like the shoe will still utilize premium materials and $160 (considering ALL the other UB/ Nike product that comes out on the daily retailing for $180+) is reasonable. I'm also a sucker for grey and I like that the midsole on the grey version is solid white as opposed to the navy which has three colors.

Didn't realize, so the RF's are not miusa / UK correct? Idk I feel like the shoe will still utilize premium materials and $160 (considering ALL the other UB/ Nike product that comes out on the daily retailing for $180+) is reasonable. I'm also a sucker for grey and I like that the midsole on the grey version is solid white as opposed to the navy which has three colors.
RF's are Asian-made as are all the 574 Sports that are coming out (from what I've been told anyway). Agreed that $160 isn't bad at all when you compare it to what other brands are putting out. 

I'm just trying to be choosy with my purchases and because top-quality U.S./Flimby GRs can be had at heavily discounted prices it's hard to stomach paying $160 for an Asian-made NB. 

As an FYI, I love Asians. I am Asian.

RF's are Asian-made as are all the 574 Sports that are coming out (from what I've been told anyway). Agreed that $160 isn't bad at all when you compare it to what other brands are putting out. 

I'm just trying to be choosy with my purchases and because top-quality U.S./Flimby GRs can be had at heavily discounted prices it's hard to stomach paying $160 for an Asian-made NB. 

As an FYI, I love Asians. I am Asian.

Personally, I'm not a stickler for miusa/ UK models. I do own a couple CM580/ 1700 that were collabs made in Asia and the quality is still nice. The 574s is a nice looking shoe with what look like nice Materials and some additional options so I'm going to go for them.

Personally, I'm not a stickler for miusa/ UK models. I do own a couple CM580/ 1700 that were collabs made in Asia and the quality is still nice. The 574s is a nice looking shoe with what look like nice Materials and some additional options so I'm going to go for them.
I'm a big believer in buy what you like regardless of others' opinions so you do you 
nthat.gif
 look forward to pics when you do get them!

Heads up, 997BKR on sale at Sneaker Politics, extra 20% off code "4th" makes it out to $168 before shipping. Tons of sizes left and easily best deal I've seen for these thus far. @ohwussup  weren't you looking for a pair? They got your 8.5 in stock.
Thanks for the heads up on the SP sale. Sat on the 575End for so long but it was finally within my price point so I had to pull the trigger.

I just checked out Sneaker Politics and shipping is 12 bucks for me bringing the total to $180 for the 997BKR. Tempting. I'm kicking myself for missing them at $148

What are the odds these might end up at an outlet or something like the 998BESP did and go for a little cheaper?

Last edited:
How they look without kithfilter
Yeah, after seeing these unfiltered pics, I think I'm going to pass. At $184 shipped they just don't do anything for me. I'd pick them up for $125 if I had the chance though. The heel looks really bulky for some reason.

I just checked out Sneaker Politics and shipping is 12 bucks for me bringing the total to $180 for the 997BKR. Tempting. I'm kicking myself for missing them at $148

What are the odds these might end up at an outlet or something like the 998BESP did and go for a little cheaper?
These are already at the outlets and they're not going to be discounted anytime soon. They were sent to the Brighton outlets a couple of months after they were released at the Flagship Store here in Boston. An NB employee told me that a lot of the stock in outlets is simply older stuff that they leave at original price but ship to the outlets so that they can make room for newer stuff. 

I'd totally cop for $180 if they had my size so if you like them enough you should pull the trigger. I'll tell you right now that having owned the 998BESP and having seen the 997BKR in person that the 997 is superior in every single way. 

BUT... you can also always wait it out as long as you want and maybe get lucky 
wink.gif

Sup fellas.

Those 997BKR look dope as hell. And I would like to add a pair that color.

Anyone have on feet pics of these?

Also can anyone speak on sizing?

I wear 7.5-8 on most sneakers. I can get by with 8.5 but I usually prefer not to. Of course that's the smallest size available.

Do these lean on the "runs big" side?

Pls respond.

Sup fellas.

Those 997BKR look dope as hell. And I would like to add a pair that color.

Anyone have on feet pics of these?

Also can anyone speak on sizing?

I wear 7.5-8 on most sneakers. I can get by with 8.5 but I usually prefer not to. Of course that's the smallest size available.

Do these lean on the "runs big" side?

Pls respond.
i think we have the same size feet.

The BKRs run TTS or half size big (if you have narrow feet).

For reference:

Flyknit Racer - 8.5

Ultra Boost 1.0 - 8.5

Ultra Boost 2.0/3.0 - 8

NB 1500 - 8

NB 997 (non-leather lined) - 8

NB 997 (997BKR and other leather-lined 997s) - 7.5

NB 998 - 7.5

Back
Top Bottom