Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Today : M576CT02

39925467055_1be41ee0df_k.jpg

Didn’t see St Alfred until now but thank you for telling me.

regarding Asphalt in Staten Island... I had no idea there was one on the SS

we're getting closer lol. its weird that the smaller boutiques are getting smaller size runs yet nothing from the usual larger well known retailers huh?
Appreciate you finding this and posting again. I'll keep you posted if I find them too. What's your size?

I'm a size 9. Let me know what your size is and i'll hit you up too if I find them.

Thanks to this forum, I got my first pair of 574s the other day. They’re the mismatched Invincibles (Taiwan market) posted a few pages back. Normally, I mostly collect 990s (especially version 1s). A good deal popped up on eBay today, but I was shocked to see that they had the new eBay authenticity guarantee service added. I certainly didn’t need it and asked the seller to cancel that part. Unfortunately, they couldn’t...
Now some third party is going to be handling them unnecessarily.
990v1 are great. I wish they sold them in 12.5's though.

Can you expand? I'm not profient in the ways of the 991
Sure!
In my last pic is the new women’s 991ANI (top) and 991NGN (bottom). The NGN released a little while ago, and I just find the overall colorway (which some refer to as the 991 JP) a superior colorway to the anniversary pairs that just released.

As a newcomer to this thread I must share my NB story.

I had 574s in high school but that doesn’t count. I always appreciated a lot of the NBs in WDYWT but always felt they just weren’t for me. For years I had worn Ralph almost exclusively for casual and business attire but in 2015 it seemed Ralph was falling off and I was looking to expand my wardrobe. This led me to venture into a J. Crew store (mistake) where the Hilltop Blues caught my eye. They didn’t have my size in store but I caught a restock online a bit later. I got my usual Nike size and of course they were huge. I returned them and was never able to find my size again. Oh well.

Fast forward to March 2016. I’m in Georgetown with some time to kill before a meeting so I stroll into J. Crew and see they’re doing a raffle for the Butterscotch 997. The pictures look good and I buy the concept. Werther’s Originals were a big deal to my grandfather who had passed away a few years prior. I put in figuring I won’t win anyway. They’re gonna call winners the day before the release.

Day before release day comes and my wife goes into labor with our first that morning. Sneakers are the last thing on my mind. That afternoon we’re in the hospital waiting for my stubborn daughter to come and J. Crew calls to tell me I won. I say thanks but no thanks cuz there’s no way I’ll be able to pick them up. She says they can take cc info over the phone and ship them for free. I don’t even have to pay sales tax.

A few days later they arrive and I’m blown away by the materials, craftsmanship, and comfort (yeah, I think 997s are comfortable). After years of subpar replicas of Nike nostalgia these are a breath of fresh air. I was now an NB man. Except, I never got around to buying many. Whether it was missing a release, waiting for a pair to go on sale, or not having funds cuz I just couldn’t let go of that Nike nostalgia, I didn’t pick up as many pairs as I would have liked over the next few years.

Now I’m proud to say that I’m all in and I’m not going back. Seven of my last eight sneaker purchases have been NB. Not that I won’t be buying other brands at all, but NB will definitely be the priority for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom