Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I just received the New Balance x Overkill 577 in the mail. I must say that this is the weakest New Balance purchase I have ever made. I never knew synthetic suede could be considered a premium material. I like the colorway and the mesh, but the synthetic leather kills the whole thing. I've come to expect a lot more from European collaborations, so this one came as a surprise. Overkill...YOU ARE WACK!

new-balance-577-overkill-2.jpg

im glad you said something i was considering picking these up but nerver did. i was curious about how they were in person. i'm guessing the "suede" is like the "suede" on am1s? you get yours from nbnorthshore?

Originally Posted by cocotaso1

im glad you said something i was considering picking these up but nerver did. i was curious about how they were in person. i'm guessing the "suede" is like the "suede" on am1s? you get yours from nbnorthshore?

The suede is different from the AM1s in that it's much more firm. On the bright side, the fit on these 577s is superb. I have other 577s in plush leathers and they don't fit as well as these do. And yes, I got them from nbnorthshore for $99 shipped. Had I paid retail or above, I'd be super vexed.

everything about those 577's typifies people jumping on the collab hype bandwagon. its no surprise they couldn't shift them all. still not a bad shoe if you can pick it up for cheap

can anyone help me find these New Balance 998??

i saw them before and they weren't available in my size...just saw them again the other day and i feel that i NEED these in this color scheme!

mi100204-02-r1.jpg

mi100204-02-r2.jpg

can't find it in a 9.5 anywhere online

anywhere in NYC??

Originally Posted by Crumps Brother

can anyone help me find these New Balance 998??

i saw them before and they weren't available in my size...just saw them again the other day and i feel that i NEED these in this color scheme!

can't find it in a 9.5 anywhere online

anywhere in NYC??

I understand your desperation, but it seems you've missed out. Like many of us, you'll have to add that model and colorway to your random search list and see if it pops up during this lifetime. Keep the faith.

Originally Posted by jamesyo

everything about those 577's typifies people jumping on the collab hype bandwagon. its no surprise they couldn't shift them all. still not a bad shoe if you can pick it up for cheap
I agree, at the end of the day its an overpriced "inspired" version of the AM1. They are nice though.

Seems like a number of folks have been interested in that colorway of the 998s as of late. They just had some NBs on Gilt a week or so ago and that pair was among those on sale. Would have posted a heads up had I been aware of the interest in these. Sorry about that. 
embarassed.gif
They have a couple of sizes (10.5-11) over at Bombing Science, although a bit pricey at $180.

^6pm.com has some sizes for $84 but not my size

zappos still has some for about $107

again, they don't have my size either

i've checked every online site i can think of and nothing in my size

i may be to NYC for a couple of days sometime next month and i'll check spots there but i'm not gonna get my hopes up

My 998s came in today and they are lovely.

I am keeping the Plum pair, but the Grey/Navy/Red pair is going back because of the toe. The rubber is already separated from the shoe.

I ordered another pair off of Joes for the same price today, so it's all good.

These New Balance X SneakersNStuff 577s just arrived in the post. The suede is lovely and the all black leather interior is an excellent surprise. One of the best 577s I've ever come across. Especially for $100 shipped.

sneakersnstuff-new-balance-577-rgb-pack1.jpg

Originally Posted by truniversal

Originally Posted by blahzee

eek.gif
where, and how do you clean this

Not sure what you mean.
not sure what he meant either. but if you can please do share the info, ive wanted these for a while and 100 shipped is the perfect price 10.5.

Originally Posted by cocotaso1

Originally Posted by truniversal

Originally Posted by blahzee

eek.gif
where, and how do you clean this

Not sure what you mean.
not sure what he meant either. but if you can please do share the info, ive wanted these for a while and 100 shipped is the perfect price 10.5.
They were an Ebay purchase and the only pair the seller had. SNS still has them.

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

Did you get them from RareAir eBay seller, I think thats his name?

He had a bunch of them.

That's the chap. He's got the blue 1700s from the RGB pack still up for sale.

my friend did a photoshop of them for me that pretty much completes the shoe in my eyes. ill try to find the picture as to how i had planned on getting a pair customized

Originally Posted by jamesyo

my friend did a photoshop of them for me that pretty much completes the shoe in my eyes. ill try to find the picture as to how i had planned on getting a pair customized

One day, I'm sure New Balance will create a shoe you won't be able to complain about.

they have already created many shoes i have no complaints about
smile.gif

and sns created those not nb
wink.gif

NB - HEADS - QUICK QUESTION - JUST WON A PAIR OF NB 1300 CHICKEN RUN - THE BROWN X BLUE CW - 45 SHIPPED YEA OR NAY ????? - WILL POST PICS WHEN I GET EM !

Originally Posted by LACEZ

NB - HEADS - QUICK QUESTION - JUST WON A PAIR OF NB 1300 CHICKEN RUN - THE BROWN X BLUE CW - 45 SHIPPED YEA OR NAY ????? - WILL POST PICS WHEN I GET EM !
You came up.

Back
Top Bottom