Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Just posted in the official WDYWT thread, but thought these might be appreciated in here.
Un-DS'd my Israeli Army 577's yesterday:

110hao0.jpg

Thanks. I got mine for £110, which is cheaper than most of the pairs went for, but some sneaked through at around £70-£80.
Wish i'd had more cash available at the time, to double up.

dope greg and ukbased. missed out on a pair of gym's not long ago. so *@%*%*+ salty wanted them for ages. and would love a pair of the isreali's as well. damn my studies and lack of money

all leather, with lack of perforations, and brown = more suited for fall/winter. i tend to dress to the climate, not sure about you.

The climate here allows for any sneakers year round. Then again, I live in Southern California, not sure about you.

ah ok that would make sense then, i live in southern australia, still gets really hot and humid in summer, but cold as @%*! in winter. hence the suede and mesh shoes in warmer times and leather in cooler times

not feeling those at all. bad color combo, %$$$!% asian shape and materials. but eh thats just me
smile.gif

The Luggage Pack is an acquired taste. Funny you mention the colorway, I have several Polo pieces with the same combination. Those particular 998s were made in USA by ST33 and, from what I can tell, there isn't anything Asian about them.

hmm my mistake, i apologise, but still, ST33 has produced anything of quality since the early 90's.

The materials and craftsmanship on ST33 products are top drawer. The styles and, as you mentioned, colorways are a totally different matter. I didn't know ST33 existed in the 90s and don't recall them being mentioned in "Enduring Performance The New Balance Story". What models were they responsible for back then?

they weren't referred to as st33, just as team 33. i think most new balance shoes made in the us in the mid 90's or so would come with a card saying something along the lines of made by team xx where xx being the number. i'm 99% sure my friend has a pair of og 996's that were made by team 33, ill try dig up a picture.

and yeah, no doubt disputing the integrity of the materials and construction, just the actual make ups leave a lot to be desired

so i found the pic but it appears it was team 34.. maybe it was someone else's who had team 33

I remember the tags now. Dope flick. The slightly curved sole of the left shoe brings back memories. Here in Cali, New Balance was considered to be a sophisticated brand, but was easily overlooked. After seeing so many older people wear them, I used to think you needed a prescription to get a pair.

it's a shame those will most likely crack with wear. i'm not sure if he has tried to wear them or not. but yeah, i have heard that from a few people, that it seemed like only older folk wore NB, so when a few people i know started posting NB on forums a few years ago before it became "cool" they got called out for having old man style hahhaha. it really is quite a shame to see the direction the company has taken in recent times, particularly NB asia, who used to produce some quality stuff

nice. were they size? exclusives? haven't seen them posted by anyone before. you a polo head too? hah

I'm not sure if the 577s were created in collaboration with anyone. I've seen some 577s size? has done and think they're amazing. The 577s I posted have some of the best leather ever. UK don't play. And yeah, I've been a big Polo head since the early 90s. It's one stop shopping.

there is another colourway with burgundy instead of black, also all leather. i'm sure someone told me they were size? exclusives. i'll try to locate a picture. and yeah, the quality of uk NB's used to be second to none

Back
Top Bottom