Official New Orleans Saints Thread!!!

Now we all knw dat we, da SAINTS, finished 8-8, but will they get their props dis year? Every1's healthy and we have a revamped 'D'efense....So,with dat being said, how do we finish da year, and your thoughts about the team as a whole. Yes, you can speak on individual players too!!!
grin.gif
Who Dat
grin.gif

I believe the offense will continue to be stout. If we can limit turnovers and be able to run the ball decent like the first two games, we'll be able tohang with anyone. I think we challenge most points scored in a year and can see Drew throwing for 40+ touchdowns. We are deep at WR and any of the top 4 canput up huge numbers. Devery has continued his nice play from last year by being able to limit his drops. Both Dev and Meach provide a great tandem for the deeproutes, while Colston is the big target that doesn't mind running across the middle and lastly Moore is the sure handed possession reciever. I like the FApicked up of Heath Evans, he's far superior to Mike Karney and has the speed and blocking ability to add another dimension to the O. In regards to theRB's, this is a RB by committee. Mike Bell has done well stepping in for PT. Now Bell is hurt, so we'll active Hamilton and luckily PT is back frominjury. Reggie Bush hasn't done anything special so far. Yeh he's a great decoy, a good reciever out the back field and a below average rusher. Luckilythis offense doesn't need to rely on the running game. We use the pass to set up the run, ha.

Regarding the defense, I like what I've seen so far. Are they great? No, but they don't have to be. So far they have created 7 turnovers and we have a+3 turnover margin. If they can keep that ratio on the + side and limit teams to 20 or fewer points I'll be happy. I know overall they won't be as badas last year with that terrible read and react &*^% that Gibbs was running. Top 20, along with creating turnovers which will give the offense more chancesto put up points will be good enough for a playoff berth.

I truly think this team can win 12 games this year and make a deep run in the playoffs. However, being a long time Saint fan I can also see them going 8-8.

I've got 13 season tickets if anyone wants to buy some
wink.gif

Couple of OG saints fans in here, but I'm sure this bandwagon is gonna pick up steam much like the GSW/Nuggets fans who came out of the woodwork a fewyears back....

Guess what though, we have room for Bandwagoners...

We just go keep shakin' our heads @ 'em...

WHO DAT? This year's team is going to be what we were supposed to see the year after the NFC Championship-run year...

Where all these fans come from
laugh.gif

We keep playing smart ball control and keep playing smart on Def we should be good. A lot of teams are going to have trouble matching up with this offense. Onanother note, I can not stand Reggie. This dude needs to find an identity soon.

Who Dat! Glad someone finally made a Official Saints thread. The defense still needs some work, but it's a huge improvement from last year. Glad tosee Colston and Shockey back to 100% and Bush getting his 1st rushing TD.

I'm ecstatic over the 2-0 start, but we need to remember that we have 14 more games and it's a TOUGH schedule (Fal-clowns twice, NFC and AFC East).Things can turn around real fast.

But for now......WHO DAT SAY DEY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS!!

Glad i didnt have to start the season thread this year
laugh.gif

hope we can have some consitency this season

How you gonna make a team thread 2 weeks after the season done started after y'all are 2-0. And why come none of the REAL Saints fans didn'tstart one earlier? Just gonna come waltzing in after the fact like "Word up man, Die Hard fan since Pat Swilling". C'mon. You gotta repit harder than that. NT be like that sometimes. All the sigs and avatars in the cyber world don't mean you reppin' that hard.

The Saints have been my Madden team since 03 so I root for them just off the strength.

I've been a Drew Brees fan since Purdue

Back
Top Bottom