Official New York Giants 2013 Off-Season thread: (2014 schedule on page 87)

Since the defense played their *** off last season and with all the defensive upgrades through free agency, this should be an offensive draft.

OL, TE and/or WR...must be a big impact player (WR in later rounds).

Have to put offensive talent around Eli, protect him and give him weapons.

Want Ebron due to the potential, but would love one of the OT if one of the better ones is available(which they should be).

Gut says OT, but do like Ebron.

Jake Matthews, Zack Martin or Taylor Lewan at the first spot please.

No thanks on Ebron, if all three of those linemen are gone then sure, I'll settle for Ebron but we need to bolster the line. I like Zack Martin a whole lot, he's versatile, can play multiple positions on the line, exactly what the doctor ordered.

Ebron might be a flashy bauble, but make no mistake it's the offensive line that is the single most integral unit in football.

40 times sacked and 27 interceptions, Eli needs time in the pocket. Period. There really is no justification taking Ebron over a top-flight offensive linemen, at all.

Last edited:
So everyone is on board for Ebron, right?

**** no. What happened the last time we took a flashy offensive "weapon" in the first round? OH YEAH it turned out to be ******* garbage *** back-pedaling *** David Wilson. **** that mess.

MEANWHILE the ******** make off with Alfred Morris, an infinitely better back than Wilson in the 6th round. I know, I know hindsight is 20/20 right? NO, Reese is our GM he needs to have the foresight to make better draft day decisions. PERIOD. **** excuses.

Jerry Reese as far as I'm concerned is on the hot seat. He isn't the architect of ****. It was Accorsi who drafted Eli. It was Accorsi who was assistant GM when we drafted Strahan and it was Accorsi who drafted Tuck.

Reese had a strong 2007 draft and not much since.

And before someone says it, no it wasn't Reese who discovered Cruz. That was scout Chris Pettit.

Reese has been riding the coattails of Accorsi and our scouts for a good while. Either put up or get the **** out of town Reese.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong ,I completely understand that O-Line is VITAL. I'm just tired of having bummy TEs and Eli is in deep need of weapons and with a talent like Ebron it just seems proper. But if they went with a O-Line pick I wouldn't be upset at all.

:stoneface: I ******* hate Jerry Reese. Great Odell Beckham, great talent, but who the **** is going to protect Eli?

Would've preferred Martin, BUT...I guess.
ohwell.gif

Reports on Beckham?

smh, Reese gonna lose his job if this keeps up. This is basically admitting that Randle and Jernigan were bad picks i guess.

randle is still a solid wr dont know about jernigan... and i agree eli needs protection his interception rate last year :x

Reese on Beckham: "Too much value and need for us." // "Really a good pick for us. ... He was the highest guy on our board. ... A dynamic outside receiver."

Here's the thing, unless we go 3 wide a ton the Randle pick in 2012 is looking bad right now. He was supposed to be our starting X receiver, so unless we go 3 wide with Beckham opposite of Randle and Cruz in the slot the Randle pick is looking pointless right now.

Thing is Gilbride doesn't go 3 wide a ton. and when he does he telegraphs it. He goes 3 wide when we're 3rd and long usually. Kevin ******* Killdrive ladies and gents.

And your 2014-15 New York Giants, brought to you by Jerry "I'm still riding Ernie Accorsi's coattails" Reese.

Last edited:
I would have preferred to keep Hakeem Nicks and draft a lineman. REALLY wanted Ebron but this kid looks okay from what I've seen.

I would have preferred to keep Hakeem Nicks and draft a lineman. REALLY wanted Ebron but this kid looks okay from what I've seen.

Dawg Hakeem is donezo. His knees are ******, he can't create any separation whatsoever. He was TRASH last season.

Last edited:
Here's the thing, unless we go 3 wide a ton the Randle pick in 2012 is looking bad right now. He was supposed to be our starting X receiver, so unless we go 3 wide with Beckham opposite of Randle and Cruz in the slot the Randle pick is looking pointless right now.

Thing is Gilbride doesn't go 3 wide a ton. and when he does he telegraphs it. He goes 3 wide when we're 3rd and long usually. Kevin ******* Killdrive ladies and gents.

And your 2014-15 New York Giants, brought to you by Jerry "I'm still riding Ernie Accorsi's coattails" Reese.

Gilbride is no longer on the team....

New offensive coordinator is Ben McAdoo...

Last edited:
I thought Odell Beckham was a solid pick. He has a lot of potential. A very versatile player that can provide offense.

Back
Top Bottom