Official New York Giants 2013 Off-Season thread: (2014 schedule on page 87)

Tough loss, team didn't play well tonight.

Eli had his shot but those calls down the stretch decided the game, not him.

not a fan of the playcalling down the stretch, that eli INT in the end loomed large.

Osi was embarrassed tonight, Barden's OPI was the difference at the end....they were in comfortable range.

Can't let divisional opponents off the hook when the game is there for the taking.

Positives: David Wilson played excellent special teams, Hixon looked good, run game was solid and Bradshaw ran hard (just not used enough), had a chance to win. held Eagles to few points

Negatives: d-line inconsistent, Bennett looked like a backup, GMen slow start yet again, losing Nicks hurt this week, another divisional loss

Browns are awful offensively but they have great RB, play rough physical defense..GMEN have laid home duds before. No easy games this schedule, have to find a way to win

Last edited:
:smh: at that last drive. I did not like the play calling

David wilson did work on the kickoff returns though.

They played well enough to win the game, defense held them to 19 points, big call on the offensive pass interference.

defense had big 3rd down stops all night, Eagles had 0 INT, Giants 1. Difference.

I'm still mad with the game yesterday. We had that game won. That Eli INT in the first play of the 4th hurt us bad. And at the end, we should have just tried to gain short yards so Tynes didn't have to kick from 54yrds out. Couldn't even watch ESPN this morning for fear of showing the highlights of the game. :lol: :smh:

Philly has had our number for the past few seasons...Osi and Tuck decided once again not to show up last night. We aren't putting any pressure on QBs so far this season, 6 sacks in 4 games.

Man, Defense and Special Teams played as well as they could and looked good, even with rag tag CBs.

Eli played pretty well, but you can't tell me that Barden was the best option on that play. But yeah, 0-2 :rolleyes

I aint even get to watch most of the 4th quarter due to the premieres last night. Figured we had this in the bag but seeing that ending just let me know we're still the same Giants. Not even mad or disappointed. I figure we'll even up with division rivals next time we see them.

Eagles and Cowboys will find a way to **** up their seasons if we let them, we just gotta get a good streak going.

Definitely a game we could've won. I'm most disappointed in our pass rush. Other the JPP no one is really making impact plays. We're supposed to be dominant but so far we've just been ok. On a lot of plays Vick had more time than he's had all season. What's the timetable on the rookie Ojomo's return? He showed some signs in the preseason. might be time for some new blood.

15 seconds left. Why not run a screen or a draw where the play could net 5-10 yds - close enough from the LOS where you can run up and spike it with 5-3 seconds left on the clock and give Tynes a much easier FG.

Complete mismanagement of the clock by Coughlin and the NYG.

Run defense was horrid.

Pressure did not exist.

Sucks so much.

^15 seconds is not enough time to try anything but an out route and even that is sketchy as hell. You don't get out of bounds its game over.

I'm fine with the throw to Barden considering there were two PI calls consecutively, Eagles were unraveling.

Even if Barden misses that catch, its still a 43-45 yard field goal which Tynes can hit, last thing you expect is an offensive PI. Not the greatest throw by Eli either.

GMEN had 1st and 10 to start the 4th and they got too pass friendly, endzone INT which led to 3 Eagles points.

You can get on the defense with the pass rush, but they still had nothing but huge 3rd down stops all game and held them to 19 points....bent but did not break.

A LOT more positives than negatives this game, next up the Browns at home, GMEN can't lay a dud and must win that game, then 49ers re-match which can go either way if the defense comes to play.

I went to the game last night and what more can you ask more other then the W. it was a great game. I've heard about how brutal Eagles fans are but I just find them really passionate.

They started singing the eagles song in the bathroom when we first came in. :lol:{

Someone jokingly told my boy he couldn't use the urinal because they were only for eagles fans. :lol:

Someone in my section said he hopes Kenny Phillips injury was life threatening. :smh:

They do always have something to say everywhere you go though.

The Brian Dawkins ceremony at half was sick.

Overall a great experience.

The sign at Pat's steakhouse while your waiting in line. :lol: I'm not a huge cheesesteak guy but they were really good.

Last edited:
I'm fine with the throw to Barden considering there were two PI calls consecutively, Eagles were unraveling.
Even if Barden misses that catch, its still a 43-45 yard field goal which Tynes can hit, last thing you expect is an offensive PI. Not the greatest throw by Eli either.
GMEN had 1st and 10 to start the 4th and they got too pass friendly, endzone INT which led to 3 Eagles points.
You can get on the defense with the pass rush, but they still had nothing but huge 3rd down stops all game and held them to 19 points....bent but did not break.
A LOT more positives than negatives this game, next up the Browns at home, GMEN can't lay a dud and must win that game, then 49ers re-match which can go either way if the defense comes to play.

just like Coughlin said in his presser - "it's the worst thing that could possibly happen in that situation."

Back
Top Bottom