Official New York Knicks Season Thread

Quote:
They better not lock that Gtown thread, that thread is
:lol:
laugh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
HOYAS
"I told you last year that if I die and I can't go to heaven, then they can take my body back to Georgetown. Well, I'm here to tell you that I ain't dead yet."

i prefer season threads too. lots of good info and coverage that won't fall to the last page so quick.

game day threads should be optional imo, but whatever
TEAMGIANTS
TEAMNEWYORKMETS​
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

Interesting that this thread is still here. Good for you guys. Must be nice to have a season thread not get deleted.
"And Still..CHI-TOWN'S FINEST, where you at, the whole CITY behind us"
4L8O15S16T23!42​

Haven't been this excited for a Knicks season since....?

but I'm pissed off we STILL don't start till tomorrow :lol:
laugh.gif
HOYAS
"I told you last year that if I die and I can't go to heaven, then they can take my body back to Georgetown. Well, I'm here to tell you that I ain't dead yet."

Odd you guys start so late, you guys have to be the last team right? I'm not trying to sound like a @#%$ here but I think the fact that it'll be your first game, on the road, against an annoyed Cavs team will equate to a Cavs win. Don't expect LeBron to drop 10 and 5 again (the 5 being TO's).

Cavs 94
Knicks 83
TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS
James,Pavlovic,Hughes,Gooden,IIgauskas,Varejao,Marshall ,Da.Jones,Pollard,Snow,Wesley,Newble,Gibson,Brown​

Yeah, I was worried about the fact that LeBron had a bad first game. You have to know that he'll be playing with a chip on his shoulder, which isn't a good thing for the Knicks.

I hope the combination of Q-Rich and Balkman can contain him.
TEAMGIANTS|TEAMYANKEES|NYK...BASKETBALL
Team I Heart HarlemToTheBronx

This is gonna be a huge year for the knicks... not because theyre gonna go far in the playoffs or let alone make the playoffs (which they probably wont) but its gonna show what direction the organization is going in..rebuilding time is over

you have zbo, you have curry, you got some talented young guys .. im just really excited to see if theres chemistry there but realistically this is never gonna work: marbury, crawford, richardson, robinson...somethign has to happen there
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS

rebuilding time is over??? we never rebuilt! we always had enormous contracts, and we are supposed to win every year. the hawks are rebuilding. we have never done that. that's why we can't sign free agents.

losing on purpose = rebuilding
losing on accident = bad team

just because you have enormous contracts doesnt mean you didnt go through a rebuilding stage... the knicks will always have big contracts its just who they are.... but drafting renaldo basically spelt out rebuilding....
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS

Wow there are so many mixed thoughts on the Knicks this year. The Knicks probably have have the most questions this year than any other team. There are people like me who think that Randolph will fit in nicely and is an elite player who was overlooked cause he was in Portland, and that Steph will light it up this year (although i have heard pople who say the Knicks will be nice, but dont buy into Steph) I know that Steph can still ball, but even more than that be a leader and a good defender. I know that many of yalls also know this as well, because we actually watch this team night in and night out and we watched Marbury step up his game big time last year, play great D, and become a leader. He also earned my respect (and im sure most of yours as well) by putting work in for us night in and night out and when everybody was going down like flies last year, it was him who was keeping us in the playoff mix by working his @#%$ off (until he went down as well). I did not believe in Stephon last year, either, but watching him step up his game and more importantly work hard for us earned my respect. I will always back up the Knicks no matter what if they are going hard night in and out like most of our guys do this year. That is why i look at guys like Crawford or lee or Nate and respect them a whole lot. Marbury earned my respect because of just that last year and it is why i will back him up and i KNOW he will turn the heads of the haters this year. And :smh:
smh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
ing at center is my #1 concern.

But anyway i think we will be good either way, even in the much improved east. We were much better than our record last year, and we improved a great deal. I can not eait for this season i have never anticapated a season as much as this that i can remember. I REALLY want this win on opening night to beat the former East champs on the road and make a statement and get off to a good start.

:pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S
NYK 08 THATS MY WORD
OUT​

sidenote

has MSG shown any games from the 90's during this pre season marathon thing?

They said they'd show games, but I haven't come across one other than a Bernard King game
HOYAS

where is this game being showed?
Team New York​
4L8O15S16T23!42​
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​

i KNEW Nich was gonna be a Cav. i dunno how...

anyway. Let's Get It tomorrow. i think the guards and D on Bron will be the biggest factor on a W
TEAM TEK WEH YUH SELF
If Yuh Nuh Like We, Tek Weh Yuh Self!​
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

Quote:
where is this game being showed?

what do you mean? what channel is it on? msg.

Quote:
just because you have enormous contracts doesnt mean you didnt go through a rebuilding stage

do you think that they have finished rebuilding? we never got rid of the big contracts, we took on more of them. you think we rebuilt, i think that we just made some nice trades. this team still has a shot to not make the playoffs this year (however, i do see the team making a strong push).

i see what you're saying though.

I'm happy at the fact that every sports show and analyst aren't even talking about the Knicks, or barely at all. That would make our berth into the playoffs all the more sweet, when 3 quarters into the season, the Knicks will be the hot team to talk about. I mean, there's too much talent, and hoefully enough chemistry now not to make it out the East, in terms of regular season. It would have happened last year, lest we forget the injury bug towards the end of the season.

One thing though, I noticed Steph's layup fall off too (someone mentioned this). He's got old knees, basketball knees.
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​
TEAM [Scrubs]

Real Recognize Real

Back
Top Bottom