:::[Official][NFC CHAMPIONSHIP] San Francisco 49ers vs. Seattle Seahawks @ Century Link:::

I haven't heard anyone mention special teams in their predictions and analysis of this game. That's rare. Especially because most predicted scores show a small margin of victory one way or the other.
Bring back Kyle Williams.

I should add that I'm including analysis from places like NFL Radio and NFLN and not just NT.

Massive oversight?

Last edited:
I haven't heard anyone mention special teams in their predictions and analysis of this game. That's rare. Especially because most predicted scores show a small margin of victory one way or the other.

Kicker vs Kicker its even

Percy isn't playing so I'm not worried/ don't know or care who will be returning kicks and punts. Nevertheless they probably won't be a factor.

Punter vs Punter They have a slight edge( for get his name name but he's given up like 35 yards all year on kick coverage :x

A lot of Niners fans think Lamichael James could break one Sunday... I'll believe it when I see it because I haven't yet.

Basically its even.

Last edited:
Golden Tate is a good punt returner. He's the only real consistent returner in this game. He's my x-factor for tomorrow.

Defensive game with field position being extremely important. You think LaMichael will break one, but I agree, haven't seen it yet, so can't rely on it. I can see Tate returning a kick to midfield down the stretch that makes a difference.

Yeah people cant sleep on Tate, he's been great all year back there

And Ryan hasnt given up much on punts which has been great, thee only downside is he (rather Pete) sacrfices field position because he's not bombing it giving a returner a chance to gain some ground themselves.

Why would Seattle times even publish this lame article? Lol smh :smh:

Seahawks’ avid nonfans roll eyes: ‘I don’t find it interesting’
From a mom of twins to a medical student, they are universally united in not giving a hoot about the Hawks-49ers game, and football in general.

You see them on the street. They live among us.

You think they’re just like us Seahawks fans: The 12th Man team, putting up banners, dreaming of the Super Bowl.

You’re wrong.

Says Tyler Christensen, avowed nonfan, “If they had a documentary on the Kardashians on Netflix, I’d rather watch that than football.”

He’s 23, lives on Capitol Hill and works at a Starbucks on First Hill.

Christensen doesn’t mind watching baseball, but football?

“It just goes back and forth. I don’t find it interesting,” he says.

On Sunday, he and his significant other will skip the game and may just have dinner, watch a streaming movie and “probably recreational marijuana usage.”

But it’s not only your stereotypical Capitol Hillie who disdains football.

From a mom of twins to a high-school librarian, these nonfans don’t get football, don't care about football, and would rather be hiking or doing some shopping, having the stores to themselves.

The nonfans can be vociferous about their nonfanness.

“I have lived in Seattle my whole life, and I usually ignore anything to do with professional sports, but this Hawksmania is getting somewhat annoying,” says Daniel Dudley, 23, a first-year University of Washington medical student.

“The assumption that any given person in this city cares about organized sports is erroneous, and the Seahawks decorations everywhere are overdone and tacky.”

Dudley likes tennis, and swimming, and running. He gets exercise every day by bicycling from a house he rents with some other students to campus.

“It just doesn’t appeal to me to watch people running around hurting each other,” says Dudley.

The millionaire salaries of the players also bother him.

“I have a school science teacher friend of mine. He makes $35,000 a year,” says Dudley.

It bugs him that at a recent family-medicine conference for medical students, “Half of the students left in the middle of the conference to go watch the Seahawks. I thought that was a little over the top.”

This Sunday afternoon, Dudley plans to be studying for a test, and he might go to the campus intramural building for exercise.

“It shouldn’t be too crowded,” he says.

Not even if it’s free

Kim Hanson, 55, of Tukwila, a project safety manager at Boeing, says her boss offered her free Seahawks tickets.

No thanks, she said.

“He was pretty surprised,” says Hanson.

No kidding.

She says, “Sports are boring and expensive. I’m kinda proud I don’t waste my time on sports.”

Volkert Volkersz, 63, of Arlington, is a high-school librarian and an acoustic guitar player “by avocation.” For 35 years he was married to a rabid Seahawks and Huskies fan, he says, while he’d rather have been hiking, writing songs, reading a book.

Volkersz says that although he briefly played soccer and rugby in high school, organized sports just never interested him.

“I did learn the rules of the game” as he watched them on TV with his wife — now former wife — but often Volkersz would pull out his laptop and at least surf the Internet while a game was on.

The last Seahawks game he watched was the team’s 2006 Super Bowl appearance, he says.

“Three weeks later she told me to move out, and I did, leaving not only the Seahawks, but all of television, behind,” says Volkersz.

Football had little to do with the marriage breakup, but it’s nice that these days he’s married to a woman who is not a rabid sports fan.

This Sunday, while most of this state is glued to the TV, Volkersz plans to be snowshoeing. Happily so.

Here is April Doiron, 38, of Tukwila, stay-at-home mom of 5-year-old twins.

“I can’t stand football. Just having it in my house bugs me,” says Doiron, who has made her nonfanness clear to the family. “I’m really hoping my brother hosts a viewing party and I can send my hubby there to join in the fun.”

If that’s not possible, and computer programmer Mark Wahlstrom stays home, she might take the twins to visit a girlfriend who equally doesn’t like football, “sip wine and let the kids play while we hang out.”

What is it about football that she doesn’t like?

“It’s the noise from that crowd,” she says.

With the 12th Man noise, it’s just too much.

She wonders about the TV broadcast, “Couldn’t they turn down the noise?”

Well, April, the noise is the point.

Her brothers love football, says Doiron, and “my brother-in-law used to get on me to learn to like sports” so she could be part of the family fun.

Not happening, she says.

“My eyes glaze over”

And, yes, there are a few other organized events scheduled for Sunday afternoon, such as guided snowshoeing walks at Mount Rainier National Park.

Or maybe a Seattle Folklore Society-sponsored family dance at the Phinney Neighborhood Center.

“There‘s not necessarily as much overlap between the folk dance community and the Seahawks,” explains a society spokeswoman.

Probably not.

The nonfan stories go on.

Matthew Bebbington, 29, a bank financial analyst, went to one Seahawks game, “And I saw a grown man tell a 12-year-old to ---- off.”

He’s going to the movies Sunday afternoon.

Then there is Natalie Hughes, 27, who works tech operations for a company in Seattle.

The office in which she works is basically a shrine to the team, “Seahawks stuff all over.”

She likes baseball, but football, “A play lasts 10 seconds. Then everything stops, and then there is a commercial, on and on.”

When she hears the football talk that permeates local conversation now, “My eyes glaze over and start staring into the distance.”

Hughes plans to do grocery shopping Sunday afternoon, figuring she’ll have the store to herself.

Although it’s not as if she shuns football parties at somebody else’s place.

“I do like the seven-layer nachos dip, and pigs in a blanket. That’s fun,” she says.

So remember the rallying cry of the proud Seahawks nonfan when once again the game is brought up.

“Uhhh?”

Last edited:
We all understand that there are people who couldn't care less about sports in general, let alone football. But seriously, on the eve of one of the biggest game for Seattle in many years this irrelevancy was published? Why? What purpose does it serve?

eek.gif
  That story.

Surprised the Times didn't pick that up for national circulation today.  Front page....  Or at least the magazine.

National media be slippin'

I got the 9ers. They got all their main parts back and clicking. Lynch has been carrying Seattle's offense on his back, Iono if he'll be enough to win.

Probably serves the same purpose as it did posting it here? :lol:
Why were you even searching for an article like that?

And Ryan hasnt given up much on punts which has been great, thee only downside is he (rather Pete) sacrfices field position because he's not bombing it giving a returner a chance to gain some ground themselves.

read an article where he's only had 2 punt blocks all year.

...those 2 both belonging to the niners ST :nerd: :lol:

What forum was that pic posted in?

Also, which one of y'all is getting paid to ghostwrite Richard Sherman's blog posts?

read an article where he's only had 2 punt blocks all year.

...those 2 both belonging to the niners ST :nerd: :lol:

Tis' true :smh:

Last edited:
I find it a bit funny that a few ppl in that article mentioning they like baseball of all sports :lol:

And being a baseball fan, I wonder how they would feel if the Mariners ever became relevant again they'd have to deal with most of the same annoyances within thr city

The comment section is good :lol:

The battle in Seattle...THE BATTLE IN SEATTLE...

You see y'all have been talking that trash, man, RUNNING YOUR LITTLE MOUTHS about beast mode THIS and legion of boom THAT and how your going to put a cap in Kaep.

Let me tell you something, you all need to legion of KNOW YOUR ROLE and SHUT YOUR MOUTHS. The fact of the matter is you can take your little skittles, fruity pebbles, hotdogs, addreall all that crap and STICK IT STRAIGHT UP YOUR ROODY POO *****.

You see it doesn't matter if we have to whoop the 12th man's ***, all the way up to the 60,000th man's ***, or even that transvestite predator Sherman's ***. Come Sunday, we're gonna find out just how tough you little seachickens are when you're laid out 1...2...3...because the niners are thatahh...damnahh...goodahh...

#NTWT

Last edited:

You see y'all have been talking that trash, man, RUNNING YOUR LITTLE MOUTHS about beast mode THIS and legion of boom THAT and how your going to put a cap in Kaep.

Let me tell you something, you all need to legion of KNOW YOUR ROLE and SHUT YOUR MOUTHS. The fact of the matter is you can take your little skittles, fruity pebbles, hotdogs, addreall all that crap and STICK IT STRAIGHT UP YOUR ROODY POO *****.

You see it doesn't matter if we have to whoop the 12th man's ***, all the way up to the 60,000th man's ***, or even that transvestite predator Sherman's ***. Come Sunday, we're gonna find out just how tough you little seachickens are when you're laid out 1...2...3...because the niners are thatahh...damnahh...goodahh...

#NTWT

[IMG ALT]http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17wh131a7w219gif/cmt-medium.gif[/IMG]

#NTWT

:lol:. dawg..... You ok?

Back
Top Bottom