OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TheCollector

nerd.gif

He still put up numbers last year all while having a bunch of new pieces on offense,the worst secondary I've seen in years and playing hurt for a portion if the season. I'd have in there before Luck

Last edited:
Carr has great potential. Especially with a weapon like Cooper.

Cousins is fraudulent. He'll have 4 TD's one game against a bad team, the next he'll have 4 INT's against a good team.

Yeah I was iffy about Cousins, he had a solid season in 2015 though.

I was thinking of guys who may be in the back end of the top 10.

Carr has great potential. Especially with a weapon like Cooper.

Cousins is fraudulent. He'll have 4 TD's one game against a bad team, the next he'll have 4 INT's against a good team.

He was average at best through 8 weeks. Then he became Sheriff TURNT Cousins that last 8 weeks. Hopefully he continues his high level play through 16 weeks in 2016.

Yeah that's true. Folks doubted him cuz of his brother. I really didn't have an opinion on him cuz I didn't watch him in college.

the espn article "sins of the brother" is a really good piece on the Carrs. David didnt even know how to prep/watch film at a nfl level until the Giants picked him up and he sat behind Eli. By then he was washed.

Last edited:
This article pretty much sums up how I feel about Teddy right now. Still withholding my final judgement until he gets a good OL and some changes are made in the play calling.

Pro Football Focus: Teddy Bridgewater Most Accurate Passer In NFL

After his first two NFL seasons, there are a lot of people that still like to rail on Minnesota Vikings' quarterback Teddy Bridgewater for his lack of big numbers compared to some of his contemporaries. Frankly, in this writer's opinion, anybody that's down on Bridgewater at this point either a) doesn't actually watch football or b) is really kind of dumb. As we've pointed out before, Bridgewater is one of the few quarterbacks in the NFL...if not the only one...who is generally forced to take a backseat to a running back in his team's offense. If he was allowed to be the centerpiece rather than a member of the supporting cast, his raw numbers would likely be much more impressive.

Enter the folks from Pro Football Focus, who have released a quintet of "crazy good stats" from this past NFL season, and they lead off with one that should make most Vikings fans happy...the fact that Bridgewater finished this season as the most accurate passer in the National Football League.

Ever since the Louisville pro day debacle before the 2014 draft, critics have been out in full force on Teddy. He's too slender. He's weak-armed. His release point is too low. His traditional stats haven't helped him much, either. 30 games in to his career (including a playoff game), Teddy has 28 touchdowns, 21 interceptions and a passer rating of 87.0.

What the traditional stats don't show, however, is just how accurate Bridgewater is. The Viking led the NFL in 2015 with an accuracy percentage of 79.3. While this number is inflated by the large amount of short throws required by the Minnesota offense, it is no small feat to be the most accurate in the league. In fact, Teddy scored his best passing grades on throws between 10-19 yards, and broke even on throws over 20 yards.

You have to wonder if Bridgewater's modest touchdown and yardage totals are more a product of the Vikings' offensive style, rather than an indictment of the QB's abilities.

That last sentence really does sum it all up. Teddy Bridgewater has shown all the abilities to be a big time, productive quarterback given the opportunity. Unfortunately, he runs an offense whose strategy is, more often than not...

-First down - Handoff to Adrian Peterson
-Second down - Handoff to Adrian Peterson
-Third down - Hope that Bridgewater can make something happen with three or four defenders in his face and/or while running for his life because it's 3rd-and-7 and everyone knows the Vikings have to throw
-Either punt on fourth down or repeat steps one through three

A lot of people aren't going to want to hear this, but at some point this team would probably be best served by making a real, honest-to-goodness commitment to Teddy Bridgewater and his development as a quarterback and, ultimately, the focal point of the Minnesota offense. I'm not sure when it's going to happen or how they're going to go about doing it, but it has to happen at some point. The other quarterbacks that have been drafted over the past few years aren't constrained by run-run-pass-punt, and hopefully there will come a point where Bridgewater isn't, either.

In his two years as Minnesota's quarterback, Bridgewater has shown a propensity to not kill his team with stupid decisions and giving his receivers the opportunity to make plays after the catch. He's capable of significantly more. Hopefully, in 2016, we can find out exactly how much more.

Rodgers
Brady
Cam
Roesthlisberger
Brees
Wilson
Palmer
Dalton
Rivers
Luck
Romo
Carr
Eli
Stafford
Cousins
Flacco
Bortles
Ryan
Smith
Mariota
Winston
Cutler
Tannehill
Bridgewater
Bradford
Fitzpatrick
Osiweiler

What were Teddy's initial expectations from NT? Ya in here acting like he was the #1 pick in the draft.

Were ya really that high on Teddy coming out of Louisville?

I think NT still considered him the #1 QB in the draft who was wrongfully picked apart by scouts

It's probably not fair to judge him that way but for NT purposes that's why it comes off as slander

I'm 2014 I couldn't get dudes in here to even entertain the possibility that Carr was the more talented player with a brighter future. :lol:

these dudes wouldnt listen. ive been telling them carr is the goods. i invited @Chester McFloppy to join the carr bandwagon before it got full but he wasnt having it :smh:

I'm 2014 I couldn't get dudes in here to even entertain the possibility that Carr was the more talented player with a brighter future. :lol:

I was Carr's biggest and probably only supporter pre-draft

Was a big fan of him, NT crushed me on my opinion

13613439081606357924.GIF

na papi. i was rockin with carr since college. continued with predraft and draft. nobody wanted to listen to us stillin :smh:

fresno state football :nthat:

Sanchez
Rodgers
Brady
Cam
Roesthlisberger
Brees
Wilson
Palmer
Dalton
Rivers
Luck
Romo
Carr
Eli
Stafford
Cousins
Flacco
Bortles
Ryan
Smith
Mariota
Winston
Cutler
Tannehill
Bridgewater
Bradford
Fitzpatrick
Osiweiler

i agree.

Still looking for ol boy who said he would bet anyone $50 that wherever hue Jackson goes, they will have a better record than the raiders.

My PM is open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom