OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rofl: @ Kam being better than Earl

Get paid he deserves it but Earl is definitely the best in that backline.

Last edited:
i'm usually on the players side when they hold out but not this time

he still has 3 years left on his contract....

When Kam was out last year, that secondary wasn't the same. Kam puts fear in the offense. I think Earl is good but I'm not on him like NT is. I would take Earl on my team but NT talks about him likes he's legendary.

I mostly side with the players but Kam Chancellor is being ridiculous.

Especially when he plays with other great defensive players who have years on their contracts too.

Last edited:

One of the best in the league and he's not being paid like it. Also plays at a crazy speed. He could end his own career any day. I have no problem with him wanting more money. Football careers are short. I don't mind when any player holds out, game is so damn dangerous.

One of the best in the league and he's not being paid like it. Also plays at a crazy speed. He could end his own career any day. I have no problem with him wanting more money. Football careers are short. I don't mind when any player holds out, game is so damn dangerous.
Kam deserves more money, along with Michael Bennett...and many others in the league. NFL players get the short end of the stick compared to other sports and will never knock a player for trying to achieve the maximum reward in terms of contracts.

But you need to have some logical sense when trying to attain some leverage. He has zero leverage and wont gain any moving forward.

and now he's put himself in a position to not only lose millions but potentially end up in the same position next year and a year older. He's got to let his pride down from a business standpoint 

Last edited:
Okay, what if for some reason Kam makes a huge difference and they go like 3-3 or 2-4 and their secondary isn't awful but much weaker. Then do you pay him or try to prove a point?

Just read that Joique Bell is the starting running back for the Lions and Abdullah is their number three!??!

Lions gonna Lion.

Kam is doing this all wrong, don't even care how good he is. You have not 1, not 2, BUT 3 YEARS left on your contract :smh: .. He should've added another great season under his belt this year and then started complaining about his contract NEXT year. He would've had much more leverage in comparison to now.

And this Cam Jordan story is hilarious :rofl: :rofl: .. Tapped oh girl on the butt, sprayed champagne on the couple "by mistake," and took ol' boy off his feet after he asked dude how much he weighed :rofl:

Last edited:
I hear you all wishful out there.

D will still be #1.  Don't you worry about it.

Kam will come around.

Okay, what if for some reason Kam makes a huge difference and they go like 3-3 or 2-4 and their secondary isn't awful but much weaker. Then do you pay him or try to prove a point?
For the organization it's not worth setting the precedent to allow all players to demand re-negotiating a contract with that many years left. 

All sides are taking an L in this, but the Seahawks will manage to survive this in a better situation than Kam will

Kam is now in a position where he needs his teammates to fail in order for him to (possibly) cash out.

You pay him and that gives Bennett, Earl, Wagner, Sherm, Russell, Cliff, KJ, ect to do the same thing...how smart would that look going forward?

Remember Kam has to play at minimum 6 games this year to accrue one year towards FA, He KNOWS they wont trade him. He's screwing himself royally right now whether the team wins or loses. 

He would have been better off doing this next year (or signed a shorter deal)

Kam really doesn't have a lot of leverage here, eventually he is going to need to get paid unless Seattle wants to be bold and trade him off which I doubt

Stork out for the opener 
mean.gif

Kam really doesn't have a lot of leverage here, eventually he is going to need to get paid unless Seattle wants to be bold and trade him off which I doubt
What would the point be?  They're not going to get fair value.

I say let him sit as long as he wants.  I love Kam but would have no problem letting him miss 6 games and see what happens.  It's not like we can't survive it.  It's been a great test/growing experience for our secondary depth so far.

Last edited:
Seattle simply can't back down, would set such a bad precedent for the organization moving forward

dmxfury dmxfury i'd say we're pretty even for tomorrow night....

both starting centers out
both starting RBs out
each team with an outside WR out

your guys are slightly better, but let's call it even :lol:

Last edited:
But

Pitt center > Pats center
Pitts RB > Pats RB
Pitts WR > Pats WR

And TB > Ben

:frown:

Last edited: