OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
One is playing with the most prolific passers in history

The other is playing with Matt Stafford with no running game or #2 reliever

You say we don't watch football then bring up stats ..you make no sense

CJ_tWv1WUAEHXJ6.jpg

No second receiver?? So Detroit had no second receiver or a run game the last three years??
laugh.gif

I'd bet that you thought Manning had a noodle arm and couldn't throw past 15 yrds in January now he's the most prolific passer in history. It's funny how people morph Manning into whatever agenda they have at the moment to prove their points.

I'm done. I make no sense haha

Last edited:
No second receiver?? So Detroit had no second receiver or a run game the last three years?? :lol:

I'd bet that you thought Manning had a noodle arm and couldn't throw past 15 yrds in January now he's the most prolific passer in history. It's funny how people morph Manning into whatever agenda they have at the moment to prove their points.

I'm done. I make no sense haha

Dude your caping know no bounds ..you should be done. If you can't distinguish the impact of playing with Peyton Manning over Matt ******* Stafford it's really nothing to discuss

Dez also plays in a run first offense. Broncos threw the ball significantly more than most teams last season.

Calvin was hurt the last two years.

the bottom line is I am sure MANY teams would be ok signing Demaryius Thomas to the deal he signed today

Dude your caping know no bounds ..you should be done. If you can't distinguish the impact of playing with Peyton Manning over Matt ******* Stafford it's really nothing to discuss
So, are you saying Peyton Manning "still got it" with a stronger, more accurate arm than Matt Stafford or is Peyton just a 39 yr old noodle arm declining QB one hit away from permanent retirement?

Just for clarity.

Last edited:
Don't think it's necessarily fair to discredit DT for that reason, any more than it's fair to discredit Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne.

That said I still take Dez.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 1m
Denver and Demaryius Thomas reach agreement on matching 5-year, $70 million deal that includes $43.5M GTD, per source.

Good for him. :pimp: He'll be eating with Brock Osweilier next season.

1415639121540_Image_galleryImage_Peyton_Manning.JPG

You're probably the only one in this thread who feels that DT's the best in the league,I doubt even Franc does :lol:

broncos fan here but nah, DT is not better than dez. DT is a great player but i give dez the edge.

I thought the Broncos only had 4 HOFs?

little
elway
sharpe

i dont count zimmerman since he spent more time with the vikings

Take that up with HOF voters :lol: ,the Broncos are shown as much love by the league as just about any team in the league. Get back at me when you guys lose picks for cheating the cap/collusion...

In summary, the Denver Broncos were struggling to pay for their new stadium in the late 90's. They asked Elway and Davis to receive deferred payments on their salary in order to help finance the stadium build. In exchange, Denver agreed to pay both of them interest on the deferred payments. The deferred payments were NOT illegal but the interest was. Therefor, Denver was fined 950k and lost a 3rd round pick.

In no way did Denver "cheating the cap" help them obtain players or an advantage during this time.

I'm laying out facts for you on every post. DT's and Dez's stats are quite similar, Denver's players are snubbed in the respect department as apparent by the HOf voting, and Denver DID get fined/lost pics for "Cheating the cap."

great post.

Didnt realize they lost a pick,my mistake. I'll take the L there but my opinion still stands,let's see how DT does now that JT isn't there to clog up the middle. He's still top 5 imo but not just at that top level yet. Dez has had stats similar or even better to CJ the last 3-4 seasons being his squads best option the whole time...that's enough for me.

Talking about personal bias,the irony :lol:

Not even close and anyone who puts Calvin Johnson over either one of these two doesn't watch enough football.

I shouldn't expect more from NT but let's write this out:

Calvin Johnson (last 3 yrs)         YRDs - 4533
                                                    TDs - 25

Demaryius Thomas (last 3 yrs)   YRDs - 4483
                                                    TDs - 35

Is it really that farfetched? (Please back up your rebuttal with facts).

but DT played along players on the greatest season offense of all time. calvin was getting tripled team on the lions and was eating. that says alot. i like DT but dez has an edge over him imo.

Over the past 3 seasons DT was targeted 9.75 times a game, and Dez was targeted 9.08. Dallas only recently switch to this run first offense last year, and you can argue Dez could have benefited from that.

Anyways going into next year I got

Antonio Brown/Calvin Johnson/Dez Bryant

DT/Julio/Green

Nelson/Hilton

Cobb/Maclin/Andre/Sanders/Hopkins/D-jax/Jeffery/Fitz

Cruz/Elderman/Tate/Garcon/Wright

No rookies but if ODB has season like last he's in that 3rd Tier 

Last edited:
Didn't eem know DeMaryius Thomas was a NTer until I caught up on the last few pages.
eek.gif
nthat.gif

\
but DT played along players on the greatest season offense of all time. calvin was getting tripled team on the lions and was eating. that says alot. i like DT but dez has an edge over him imo.
Being the only receiving target on your team to the point that the QB forces every pass to you does help your numbers, also.  Let's acknowledge that.

(not arguing that DT is better than Calvin....lol)

Jimmy Graham >
not srs
I was saying that to but after last year Gronk put that argument to bed. Also I was saying Graham cuz my brother is a die hard Pats fan
laugh.gif

Graham is still ill though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom