OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kurt Cousins is 5-12 as a starter with double digit interceptions.
He hasn't suffered a major injury, and has been given every opportunity to succeed as the starting quarterback.
Yet as bad as he is and has been throughout his career, there's still this belief that he will someday "get it" and be a quality starter.

RG3 leads his team to the playoffs. Leg nearly breaks in half.
Comes back and has another bad leg injury, as well as numerous other injuries.
And all we hear about him is "he can't grasp an NFL offense".

The more I think about it the more pissed I get.
Still claiming we are mentally inferior :smh:

Dudes don't watch football I swear. INTs isn't the only stat that points to reading defense. RG3s sack numbers are high because he looks at his first target and when it's not there runs. He doesn't go through progression as well as Kirk. It's like saying Farve can't read D based off INTs alone.

I swear, some people have never PLAYED football, a day in their lives. INTs are one of the most important measuring points. Factor in drops, and off target passes too. Favre threw a lot of INTs because he played for 250+ straight games, for over 20 years, :rofl: OF COURSE he'd have a lot of INTs. Leave him out. Bottom line, Griffin has a higher completion percentage, more TDs, SAME number of interceptions.

Sacks are a part of the game, it is a passing league now. If they're so worried about sacks, keep the OLine, TE, RB in max pass protection.

In the NFL most of the time your teammates wont like you if you suck as a quarterback.

The quarterback is the big money guy and there's so many expectations that they have to meet on the field, classroom and socially.

Kirk simply isn't ever going to do what RGIII does here. Free Robert.

FrankHideousGoshawk.gif

It's well documented that Favre was gunslinger. I watched him vividly, as a youngster. Throughout the sharpe, brooks, freeman, driver, eras. But he played darn near 20 years. Same with Vinny Testaverde...

Last edited:
I swear, some people have never PLAYED football, a day in their lives. INTs are one of the most important measuring points. Factor in drops, and off target passes too. Favre threw a lot of INTs because he played for 250+ straight games, for over 20 years, :rofl: OF COURSE he'd have a lot of INTs. Leave him out. Bottom line, Griffin has a higher completion percentage, more TDs, SAME number of interceptions.

Sacks are a part of the game, it is a passing league now. If they're so worried about sacks, keep the OLine, TE, RB in max pass protection.

Ok smart guy. If RG3 has a stronger arm and reads defense better then why does he hold onto the ball longer and take sacks? Explain to my why.

If your answer is the line doesn't like him, miss me with that. These are grown men who have a job to do. No one is out there being a turnstile on purpose to get at RG3 in some way. Laughable.

Last edited:
Kurt Cousins is 5-12 as a starter with double digit interceptions.
He hasn't suffered a major injury, and has been given every opportunity to succeed as the starting quarterback.
Yet as bad as he is and has been throughout his career, there's still this belief that he will someday "get it" and be a quality starter.

RG3 leads his team to the playoffs. Leg nearly breaks in half.
Comes back and has another bad leg injury, as well as numerous other injuries.
And all we hear about him is "he can't grasp an NFL offense".

this basically describes both of their careers. Still don't understand why kirk is a starting qb. 

- I was so confused when I saw Rashad Jennings out there trying to block a punt and I was tight. Then he blocks it the second time and I did a 180.
- Was very impressed with our defense against the run. Morris and Jones had less than 60 yards rushing last night. Led the league in the last two weeks. Very impressive.
- I can't say it enough times, LARRY DONNELL AND DWAYNE HARRSI ARE ******* TRASH. CUT THEM NOW.
- Eli was good, not great.
- Happy has hell Ruben Randle finally showed up. Haven't seen him the previous two games. Good to see ODB finally get some help out there.

As for the RGMe love fest for some ****** reason.

- The guy is trash. He's always hurt, guy can't read defenses, can't play in the pocket. His O line doesn't like him, doesn't block for him. This offseason a few of you said the O line was so bad but it's actually not. The QB is bad.
- Gruden's job might be in jeopardy. If RGMe was better, you would think he would want to win as many games and keep his job. The guy isn't even activated. Says a lot about how the team views him (outside of Snyder)
- I think Colt should be the starter. He's been the best QB since last season.
- One of the best quotes of the night was Phil Simms saying the style of football RGMe had success with is no longer successful in the league. He basically can't play traditional QB style pro football.

NYG's white pants :smokin

Last edited:
Ok smart guy. If RG3 has a stronger arm and reads defense better then why does he hold onto the ball longer and take sacks? Explain to my why.

If your answer is the line doesn't like him, miss me with that. These are grown men who have a job to do. No one is out there being a turnstile on purpose to get at RG3 in some way. Laughable.

Show me where I said the offensive line does not like him? :lol: I'm not knocking Kirk Cousin's skills either. If Kirk reads defenses better, why's he having games with MULTIPLE INTs? I'll take 1 interceptions but, come on. Kirk could make progressions after progression of 5, 10, 15, 40 yards. But they aren't amounting to touchdowns, or wins. I'll take Colt McCoy or RGIII throwing a few shallow incompletions, but they also give you a big play passing TD... Over Kirk.

Chester all that is, is Desean behind the entire defense lol.

Robert is looking off safetys, freezing them, and dropping the ball on the money in between 2 defenders.

Last edited:
- I was so confused when I saw Rashad Jennings out there trying to block a punt and I was tight. Then he blocks it the second time and I did a 180.
- Was very impressed with our defense against the run. Morris and Jones had less than 60 yards rushing last night. Led the league in the last two weeks. Very impressive.
- I can't say it enough times, LARRY DONNELL AND DWAYNE HARRSI ARE ******* TRASH. CUT THEM NOW.
- Eli was good, not great.
- Happy has hell Ruben Randle finally showed up. Haven't seen him the previous two games. Good to see ODB finally get some help out there.

As for the RGMe love fest for some ****** reason.

- The guy is trash. He's always hurt, guy can't read defenses, can't play in the pocket. His O line doesn't like him, doesn't block for him. This offseason a few of you said the O line was so bad but it's actually not. The QB is bad.
- Gruden's job might be in jeopardy. If RGMe was better, you would think he would want to win as many games and keep his job. The guy isn't even activated. Says a lot about how the team views him (outside of Snyder)
- I think Colt should be the starter. He's been the best QB since last season.
- One of the best quotes of the night was Phil Simms saying the style of football RGMe had success with is no longer successful in the league. He basically can't play traditional QB style pro football.

NYG's white pants :smokin
some of these dudes just dont get it. :lol:

Last edited:
Show me where I said the offensive line does not like him? :lol: I'm not knocking Kirk Cousin's skills either. If Kirk reads defenses better, why's he having games with MULTIPLE INTs? I'll take 1 interceptions but, come on. Kirk could make progressions after progression of 5, 10, 15, 40 yards. But they aren't amounting to touchdowns, or wins. I'll take Colt McCoy or RGIII throwing a few shallow incompletions, but they also give you a big play passing TD... Over Kirk.

Never said you did. That's the only logical reason. Why else would a strong arm QB who reads defense hold onto the ball and get sacked. Reading defense means finding the open man and if he's not there throw it away. Is he simply not throwing the ball?

Kirk finds the open man and reads the defense. His problem is he doesn't have the arm strength. Not every WR is wide open. You gotta throw in tight windows. Kirk can't make those throws. Like last night. His pick was to a open man but no zip.

you can't factor in RG3's rookie season, the same offense that made him rookie of year is the same offense that broke him

RG3 needs a change of scenery

You can't not factor in his rookie year. He showed potential and promise to be great, not just good. Cousins has never showed a glimmer of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom