OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yo, you're right, Woodson's a handsome dude.  I'm cool with it.
giphy.gif

Been workin and training all day, I read 10 pages of Dolphins talk... Today is a good day.

Crabtree extension :pimp:

fan of this.
come draft time focus everything on defense especially that back end.
pick up lamar miller in the off-season.

Is it bad I can't think of a newer reference? The game has just changed, not like the old days

Is there A Jenna these days?

Tanne will leave the Dolphins and become Rich Gannon reincarnated

He could definitely have a solid career as a broadcaster.

Nice.

Well Belichick was a meddling coach before Tom Brady came along.

Pete Carroll to certain extent before Russell Wilson came along.

Mike Sherman was a fairly successful coach before he got involved with Ryan Tannehill.

The quarterback isn't a one of 45 position, so let's not pretend like it is.

It's the most important position by far, you rarely see teams go deep in playoffs getting Ryan Tannehill level of play for the position.

All those guys mentioned his some sort of very good skill that Tannehill doesn't have.

Belichick put together a superbowl team... for Baltimore to use.

Pistol Pete won the west and went to the playoffs with a bummy team first year with the Seahawks.

Sherman was fired from A&M for underachieving... like in the pros...

The seahawks went to the superbowl and could have won it, despite RW throwing an ungodly number of picks in the enire playoff run.

These statements in truth don't fit your narrative though.

Side note, unrelated to the above post, I've agreed that Tannehill needs better pocket presence. That can be helped with proper screens... not one every single play... roll outs and moving the pocket. Simple stuff that most decent coaches call.

This team, not just a QB... Team, is awful. All that talent. To blame one player is crazy.

If the Dolphins have the number 1 pick in the draft and pick Franchise QB A... does he flourish now? With Philbin? With Lazor? Thus organization? This front office? This defense stopping no one? Draft picks not playing? Awful play calling? Receivers dropping every other ball? Being the most sacked and pressured QB for 4 years?

I just don't get that...
For any team... doesn't matter who...
Doesn't make sense...
What do I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
We dont want him anyway ... ill go down with my ship (Falcons), even though its insanely frustrating

Last edited:
Damn old Ginuwine went off in those clips.
laugh.gif

He's ready to fade Shady on sight.

Belichick didn't built the 2000 Ravens, only 2 players were left from the last Brown squad. Ozzie Newsome built that team.

Belichick was 41-57 before Tom Brady was fired by the Browns and had just finished 5-11 in 2000 with a franchise quarterback Drew Bledsoe. Then along comes Tom Brady then suddenly Belichicks record improves to the current 170-49 with Tom Brady as his starting quarterback with 6 Super Bowl appearances and 4 Lombardi Trophies

Pete Carroll was 46-52 and had been fired twice by both the Jets and Patriots before Russell Wilson....Carroll's record with Russell Wilson as his starting quarterback is is 49-19 with 2 Super Bowl appearances and 1 Lombardi Trophy.

Did Belichick or Carroll all of a sudden learn how to coach better? Or maybe quarterback play factored HEAVILY into the improvement of their coaching records.

Im not a huge Mike Sherman fan but he was successful with the Packers, he was 57-39. The main reason he was fired was because he wasn't a good GM which prompted Ted Thompson to be hired as the GM, who wanted to fire him because he wasn't his guy.

Last edited:
I buy it more with BB than Carrol above. I do think Pete became a better coach after his break from the NFL and I don't think the main factor was his QB for the success after his return. I do think TB has covered Hoodie's behind as a his job and GM at times

Remember 14-18 with the Seahawks before 2012. In 2011, they had a great defense and Lynch went 7-9 and missed the playoffs.

When you don't have good quarterback play, the margin for error is so low..Your defense get tired...every penalty is magnified...every 2nd half opposition score seems more insurmountable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom