OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Bill WILDIN

The constant overthrows is a clear indication that his height is hindering him and Reich do gotta figure that out and adapt, but until he gets NFL receivers, it'll be hard for me to completely write him off.. this season, at least.

thielen, chark, hurst arent nfl receivers/te? Ok 🙄
are they the best? No but its a good start as long as they are healthy and stay healthy which is obviously a challenge

Bryce carried Bama on his back his last year there for sure. I’m not saying Bryce won’t be good but all that talk about him being worlds better than Stroud was laughable. That perception was made because Bryce is very elusive while Stroud is essentially a pocket passer. Strouds placement on his throws is probably the best I’ve ever seen as an Ohio State fan, Bryce won’t ever touch that.

Still dope to see all these young QBs out there, especially the AFC south :pimp:

I won't lie. Besides Thielen and Hurst, I didn't know any of Carolina's receivers. :lol:
Having a 33 year old Thielen as WR1 for a rookie QB doesn't seem like the best situation.

I won't lie. Besides Thielen and Hurst, I didn't know any of Carolina's receivers. :lol:
Having a 33 year old Thielen as WR1 for a rookie QB doesn't seem like the best situation.
And Thielen only working from the slot. Marshall Jr was 4th on that JJ and chase LSU team. Mingo is the number 2 and he can’t out run Thielen. It’s embarrassing.

We bout to get smoked the rest of the year so the GM should be gone. With a new GM he will want his own coaching staff. So I got something to cheer for.

Bryce is gonna be good, it’s too many good flashes of it. He just needs everybody around him fired. He reminds me of Ghost, surrounded by idiots.

while i agree.. it’s weird how some of these things be playing out

With quarterbacks I'm not sure it matters.

There's not a quarterback school and the best quarterback maybe ever came from a mediocre Big 12 school and everyone else but him has stunk from there.

thielen, chark, hurst arent nfl receivers/te? Ok 🙄
are they the best? No but its a good start as long as they are healthy and stay healthy which is obviously a challenge

Ok...they play in the NFL and they are receivers. Thielen is far and away their most productive WR and he wasn't re-signed in Minnesota specifically because he didn't get separation like that anymore. That's why they spam him with bubble screens and hitches. That deep ball down the sideline that fell incomplete...whoever that receiver was, he was velcro'ed by the defender. They called up a practice squad WR that's been hanging on practice squads when Reich was in Indy...Comments abound about how they could use a guy like DJ Moore back....They're obviously looking for more talent there, but if you wanna hang your hat on the semantics of me saying "no NFL receivers " then have at it. That corps stinks and does Bryce NO favors.

Bryce needs time. I’m not ready to count him out yet
Yup he needs time to develop and grow but yo was definitely hyped as a “can’t miss” and going to be good from jump type of QB based on him being at Bama, when that obviously hasn’t been the case

His flaws and potential issues were overlooked cuz of the school he was coming from

It’s too early to make a case on Bryce but there’s two things I don’t like. His size looks to be an issue. I’ve been done with small QBs after seeing it impact Kyler Murray so badly. I also don’t like how isolated he looks. He looks like he has zero confidence and his head is down. I don’t know if he has an issue with the coaching staff but the HC saying publicly that he wanted CJ was some ********. You can’t do that ****.

As for scout the player, not the helmet. **** that. I’m not drafting a ****in QB from Duke or UNC or North Dakota State. **** THAT.

Are we acting like Stroud has a well established receiving corp while saying Bryce’s is no good?

Tank Dell a rookie

Metchie is year 2 but missed his entire rookie season

Nico Collins is year 3 with 1500 total receiving yards in his career

Robert woods is Robert Woods

Noah Brown been in the league since 2017 and ain’t done anything

With quarterbacks I'm not sure it matters.

There's not a quarterback school and the best quarterback maybe ever came from a mediocre Big 12 school and everyone else but him has stunk from there.

As I said when mahomes got drafted, for his deficiencies, Andy knows how to coach up a QB

And couple of kliff’s QBs have been functional in the league

But the next QB out of NDSU going go throu it

Are we acting like Stroud has a well established receiving corp while saying Bryce’s is no good?

Don't have to be well-established to be good or better than Carolina's Corp.

Reich deserves blame too. He needs to scheme it up, but Houstons receivers are clearly more explosive and just better than what's on the Panthers.

No receivers and no running game and a bottom 5 OL. Owner stripped the HC of playcalling midseason and a first time playcaller took his place. Mahomes would look mid in this situation.

Look at the turn around Trevor had when he got a real coach and actual weapons.
I'll reserve judgement on Bryce until then.
The crazy thing is they gave Bryce the same bad receivers in DJ Clark & LaViska Shenault Jr, that Trevor had his rookie year

I still believe in the coaching staff, with Reich, Josh McCown & Jim Caldwell, that they refine Bryce. They just don't have near the talent to execute what they want, especially with that OL.

Bagent is beyond horrible. Stop it
I'm joking, but serious question, what's the Bears incentive play Fields any sooner.

There's capital in starting Bagent as many games as possible. He could lead the tank AND you allow Fields to get 100% healthy and avoid further injury, when you move him in the offseason. Plus Fields would win a couple games that would kill their draft position.

Hey man, thanks for the reply quote. Words mean things so yeah i hung my hat on “no receivers”. Minny got rid of thielen bc his salary wasn’t worth the cap space with jefferson coming along & some of the other guys. During FA and the draft, EYE THOUGHT that carolina was putting some decent pieces around young to elevate his game so his rookie struggles wouldn’t be THAT bad so to speak. Now, IMO reich is NOT the best HC for a rookie qb or for an up-n-coming team/roster. FYI, im not a panthers fan. Im just commenting bc i have an opinion

The crazy thing is they gave Bryce the same bad receivers in DJ Clark & LaViska Shenault Jr, that Trevor had his rookie year

I still believe in the coaching staff, with Reich, Josh McCown & Jim Caldwell, that they refine Bryce. They just don't have near the talent to execute what they want, especially with that OL.

Very true statements. I didn’t know mcCown was one of their coaches.

Houston players know they are essentially playing for their careers. Yes they have an awesome first time/first year HC, but 50% or more of the team is on 1-2 yr deals. Since forever and a day, Houston has had mediocre (at best) #3-4 receivers but they never got a chance bc the targets would go to the 1-2 receivers who would be covered or the qbs couldn’t get the ball to the others. Im ecstatic to see the 3-4 receivers of HOU get the ball to showcase their skills bc the 1-2 aint doing much but taking up cap.

Always them light skin chicks :smh:
c632788cbea032245e5fa331a4bf23f7 (1).gif

Back
Top Bottom