OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: R.I.P Jacoby Jones

Respect
1uP6.gif

Same. Nothing but respect for you fam.

That's fair, Lamar has been bad in the playoffs but I can't say him and Herbert are similar when Lamar has won over 70% of his games and Herbert is 27-27.

Yeah, that's where it gets blurry and why I don't like comps. I don't wanna compare. I just keep it simple as in big picture. Until they get to and/or win a SB, it's kinda a waste of time to talk about, but for the fun in discussion.

Which, btw, I enjoyed the objective, non-slander, non-personal/defensive convo here. Good **** NT football fam.

I'm not even tryin to trash Herbert or anything.

He's a great QB. He will also get better (and better coaching)

My pointing out is against his media narrative. If/when they stop showing highlight plays of zero yard gains cuz he threw sideways I wouldn't have anything to argue against.

Hopefully his next coach is a good hire and we'll see what he can do.

The media is the worst. I do like that it often leads to a starter topic for our own conversation, but most of it is frivolous.

The goal is to win games right? :lol:

Unless we talking about the Jimmy G's who are carried by the rest of the roster QB wins matter. Especially when we see that QB elevate the team with his playmaking.

My pointing out is against his media narrative. If/when they stop showing highlight plays of zero yard gains cuz he threw sideways I wouldn't have anything to argue against.

IMG_1059.gif

I can smell it through my phone. Knock it off.

We judging based on combine #'s? :lol:
???

You can base it on their play? Reading a defense? accuracy of throws? The quality of those throws (Dropped picks, dropped TDs, ect)

Pocket presence? risk management? Hell there are stats to help with these things

Like this isn't 1993 man. Plenty of data and film for people to actually watch and view these days

???

You can base it on their play? Reading a defense? accuracy of throws? The quality of those throws (Dropped picks, dropped TDs, ect)

Pocket presence? risk management? Hell there are stats to help with these things

Like this isn't 1993 man. Plenty of data and film for people to actually watch and view these days

Ok so when that QB's playmaking is elevating his team and leading to wins how is that low on the list? Again we not talking about the Jimmy G's or somebody they got training wheels on.

He gets treated with kid gloves for sure. Brandon Staley had nothing to do with him missing those guys last night. Lamar literally had media asking if he should even play the position at the next level. Comparing the two of them is wild. There’s been way more criticism of Lamar.

Need to have an advanced metric that determines if the turnover was at the fault of the QB as well. I think PFF evaluates this
I been begging for this for years. We all have eyes and have seen when a int is the QB fault the WR fault or just an amazing defensive play. Despite that context we all can see and evaluate they all get tallied the same drives me crazy.

Ok so when that QB's playmaking is elevating his team and leading to wins how is that low on the list? Again we not talking about the Jimmy G's or somebody they got training wheels on.
Because you can point to what they did on the field FIRST before going straight to the team result. c'mon man :lol:

So you've never seen a QB perform well enough to win and they lost because of the defense?

You didn't see Trent Dilfer in 2000?

Like I said wins matter in sports but it is not the end all be all when judging in individual player in a team sport

Need to have an advanced metric that determines if the turnover was at the fault of the QB as well. I think PFF evaluates this
Don’t know a better time to bring this up so just gonna now. Turn over worthy players should be a more talked about stat with QBs then just the raw INT numbers.

They account for errors in baseball.. gotta be a way

Because you can point to what they did on the field FIRST before going straight to the team result. c'mon man :lol:

So you've never seen a QB perform well enough to win and they lost because of the defense?

You didn't see Trent Dilfer in 2000?

Like I said wins matter in sports but it is not the end all be all when judging in individual player in a team sport

Bruh AGAIN we not talking about no Trent Dilfer or Jimmy G. :lol:

Those are obviously QB's who are carried by a roster.

I was talking about Lamar Jackson who has a MVP.

wins/losses aren't solely on the QB but to say the QB is just 1 of 53 is a massive understatement of the QB's impact on a game. wins should be a part of the discussion for a QB over the course of a season/career

Back
Top Bottom