OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: CMC snagged the Madden Cover

I hate when people say a qb put them in position, then blame the kicker. Even if the kicker makes it there's a chance KC just comes down and scores in regulation, or KC wins the toss in OT and just comes down and scores right away. Allen should have played smarter to begin with and if he was that guy, won the game for them.

1705961779821.png

Is this real lol

I think most people see he's a great qb. I actually wanted to dislike him but realized he actually is good. But the media trying to make him the best qb in the NFL and him and mahomes being 1A and 1B sours people. Especially after years of seeing the same thing from him.

I dont hate dude

but if I lost a game to a team because I left them 13 seconds, I wouldn’t be in a rush to score

Does anyone hate him in here besides me?

I think people are tired of all the excuses and passes he gets. Media feeling bad for him or talking about how good he was in a loss.
You was gone for a while but I got the Josh hate train started last season :lol:

The Josh hate in here is crazy
Gotta give context :lol:

The Bills have been the AFC preseason media darlings/favs for like 4 years running now. He's the figurehead of that team so a lot of the heat they're catching now, mostly from fans, is heading his way by proximity. He's also been an MVP favorite as well so the scrutiny will always be high regardless.

He played well for the most part yesterday and finished the season strong but he continues coming up short in the moments that define legacies and seperate your good QB's from the greats. It comes with the territory.

Peyton was hearing it tenfold more than Allen and that's when he was winning MVP's, AR too even after winning once.

Guys like Rivers, Romo and McNabb also heard it annually for being great during the season but rarely winning the big ones in January. Dak gets it much worse as well rn.

I think most people see he's a great qb. I actually wanted to dislike him but realized he actually is good. But the media trying to make him the best qb in the NFL and him and mahomes being 1A and 1B sours people. Especially after years of seeing the same thing from him.
That's the thing for me, they'll shoehorn him as QB1b when #15 is on his own tier and has been for a while.

You also still have guys like Burrow and Lamar who have done more in less time but always seem to get overlooked in comparison to dude in discussions before and during the season

Gotta give context :lol:

The Bills have been the AFC preseason media darlings/favs for like 4 years running now. He's the figurehead of that team so a lot of the heat they're catching now, mostly from fans, is heading his way by proximity. He's also been an MVP favorite as well so the scrutiny will always be high regardless.

He played well for the most part yesterday and finished the season strong but he continues coming up short in the moments that define legacies and seperate your good QB's from the greats. It comes with the territory.

Peyton was hearing it tenfold more than Allen and that's when he was winning MVP's, AR too even after winning once.

Guys like Rivers, Romo and McNabb also heard it annually for being great during the season but rarely winning the big ones in January. Dak gets it much worse as well rn.
They’ve also been trying to make it the Josh Allen/Mahomes rivalry when it’s been far more of a Burrow/Mahomes rivalry at this point.

All you guys are just haters man :lol:

Josh puts up monster numbers every year, wins double digit games every year while putting the team on his back. He can’t help it that the defense was depleted and only made KC punt once.

Every successful qb has to take their lumps before getting to the mountain top. Tom and Kermit (maybe Big Ben) are the only exceptions in the entire history of the game. Josh’s time will come…

I hate when people say a qb put them in position, then blame the kicker. Even if the kicker makes it there's a chance KC just comes down and scores in regulation, or KC wins the toss in OT and just comes down and scores right away. Allen should have played smarter to begin with and if he was that guy, won the game for them.

I agree completely. Even with 4th and 9 or whatever it was. I wouldn’t kick it in that situation unless my kicker is Justin Tucker and I absolutely trust my defense to stop Mahomes. Even if he made the kick, it was just delaying the inevitable. The only way I’m kicking the field goal in that situation is if there’s only seconds on the clock and KC has no timeouts.

Buffalos playcalling and ultimately Josh Allen made no sense on that drive once they got within field goal range. They kept trying to get the big play when they should’ve been just taking those short passes, getting first downs and taking more time of the clock while forcing KC to burn their timeouts. That’s a drive you need 7 on unless you’re kicking the field goal with seconds left. Make KC have to drive down the field and score a touchdown.

If your QB was Trevor Lawrence youd prolly Quit NT. Quit ya bloodclot crying :lol: .

Nobody saying Josh aint good or none of that. Every QB will or has been criticized at some point in time. Josh aint exempt.

All you guys are just haters man :lol:

Josh puts up monster numbers every year, wins double digit games every year while putting the team on his back. He can’t help it that the defense was depleted and only made KC punt once.

Every successful qb has to take their lumps before getting to the mountain top. Tom and Kermit (maybe Big Ben) are the only exceptions in the entire history of the game. Josh’s time will come…

You blaming the defense??? Josh mediocre as hell in that second half.

I think CJ will end up surpassing Josh before he has a chance to win anything.

He’s smarter so yeah.

Josh not gonna be running like that much longer. He got hit hard a few times and ran less. Body not gonna last.

Even then it's a terrible excuse. If Josh was truly trying to put his kicker in a position to win then he would've taken one of the 2 underneath routes he had on back to back plays to help out the kicker who had been struggling in the playoffs. The truth is that Josh was trying to score a TD and failed. All I ask for is consistency when it comes to criticisms. Josh is being given all these excuses but if Hurts or Lamar had this same exact game and had that same exact drive, the narrative would be completely different.

Back
Top Bottom