OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Vol: Draft Night!!!

Doctors will clear Penix, but that means he’s healthy now. He had a multitude of injuries during his time at Indiana, we’re talking not just ankle sprains, but ankle surgeries.

I’d still prefer him at No. 23 a million times more than Nix.

How would he be overdrafted? Because of his injury history? If doctors clear him, what’s the issue? Most say he has the best arm in the draft. Some care that he’s a lefty, some don’t.

Go higher than we are expecting

Trading up for him is nuts but at least we’ll finally be done with the bust Daniel Jones. I’d rather trade back and draft Penix. Not a fan of JJ but I know as of today he’s better than Daniel ever was.

John Mara loves JJ and Maye.

Besides trading or cutting Jones, what are the salary cap/dead cap/contract implications? He signed a pretty massive contract so dumping him and the contract wont be easy. Especially when most teams with qb needs will draft

Besides trading or cutting Jones, what are the salary cap/dead cap/contract implications? He signed a pretty massive contract so dumping him and the contract wont be easy. Especially when most teams with qb needs will draft
Can dump him after this season.

How much dead cap?

22 mil cap hit, has a 23 mil injury clause if he can’t pass his physical next offseason.

Go higher than we are expecting

But he’s been healthy recently and has one of the best arms in college. Some have him as a top 10 pick, some say second round because of injuries but it’s football, everyone is getting hurt. Giants paid a bust all that money after he had a broken neck and were told he was susceptible to more neck injuries.

How would he be overdrafted? Because of his injury history? If doctors clear him, what’s the issue? Most say he has the best arm in the draft. Some care that he’s a lefty, some don’t.
I said it in the draft thread before but because of his injuries he real shook about running, in 2024 you gotta escape the rush and take the extra yards when it’s there…But we’ll see if he switches it up in the league

I said it in the draft thread before but because of his injuries he real shook about running, in 2024 you gotta escape the rush and take the extra yards when it’s there…But we’ll see if he switches it up in the league

Yeah he definitely chooses not to run because of previous injuries. He’s still quick. Curious if a team tells him we want you to run here or maybe they don’t. Penix is a monster. Watched almost every game of his these last two years.

Yeah he definitely chooses not to run because of previous injuries. He’s still quick. Curious if a team tells him we want you to run here or maybe they don’t. Penix is a monster. Watched almost every game of his these last two years.
Yea im rooting for yo, but pure pocket QB’s ain’t it these days…Gotta move around, all the successful QB’s can do it even if it’s not running for big yardage

Tell him he gotta run but teach him how to slide and avoid big hits

Think Penix ran a 4.46 40 a few weeks back which surprised me :lol:

He doesn't show it often but he can probably move effectively when he wants :lol:

Yea im rooting for yo, but pure pocket QB’s ain’t it these days…Gotta move around, all the successful QB’s can do it even if it’s not running for big yardage

Tell him he gotta run but teach him how to slide and avoid big hits

I think he was number one in avoiding sacks and ball release last season. So he definitely knows and makes sure to avoid hits. I can’t see him becoming a mobile QB but I think he’ll play it smart sort of like Russell Wilson.

Back
Top Bottom