OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Vol: Draft Night!!!

It’s for TV, the thinking has always been offense = viewers

But the reasons are obvious for the points dip, it’s too much shaky/bad QB and line play throughout the league
Ratings were better than ever this season, especially in the playoffs, even with this sustained dip in scoring though so maybe it's time to rethink that conventional wisdom?

What pro sports league has ever been impartial towards a sustained downward trend in offense?

NFL specifically we know that’s not what they want. :lol:

NFL doesn’t want U of Iowa scores to be the norm. Maybe, just maybe these defensive players are just good and, other than 5-7 QBs, the other 3/4 of the leagues QBs just suck

I love defenses getting love.

Chris Jones, Myles Garrett and TJ Watt are popping on the screen every damn game. Those guys can’t be guarded.

I didn’t even mention Micah, Crosby or other elite front 7 guys. Defensive players are just good.

The NFL needs to start embracing these dudes and realize that defensive players have adjusted and are becoming more adept at defeating opposing offensive guys.

Dudes are the Indominus Rex out there nowadays. I love it :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:

1711376972076.png

As far as the dip in scoring goes...defensive coordinators get paid a lot of money too.

It is all ebbs and flows. I remember when 15 was putting up damn near 40 pts a game and everyone was complaining that there was no defense. It will swing back. No one is turning the league off because of a lack of scoring.

Never gonna beat the flag football allegations :smh:

More subjective, game changing nonsense on the way like they did with the roughing calls...

Lawd they need to make these penalties reviewable

Or they need to do it like college football where the eye in the sky people review and then decide

Back
Top Bottom