OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Vol: Draft Night!!!

20240325_160215.jpg

The issues with the hip-drop tackle is the tackler swinging their bodies and essentially rolling up (dropping down) on ball carriers knees and ankles potentially causing injury. I agree that the tackle should be out of the game.

With that said, my other issue is how referees will enforce it and when. And when they choose could/would influence the outcome of a game. Not a dallas fan here, but 2 years ago when pollard was rolled up on, he was having a helleva season and dallas sorta kinda had a chance to make a deep playoff run, but pollard got injured and well dallas was dallas. Pollard wasnt going to carry the team but his skill set allowed dallas to not solely rely on dak

What about jet sweeps/motions, etc where receivers, TEs or lineman can blindside and crack down on edge rushers/DEs?

DBs can’t even go low on lineman in open space anymore

Trent Williams damn near tore Jordan Hick’s ACL on this play

Trent Williams be slaughtering DBs/LBs who weigh 60-100 lbs less than him ROUTINELY.

Offensive lineman literally looking to kill 6’0” 180-200lbs DBs when they’re blocking in the open field. The NFL ain’t s***

What about jet sweeps/motions, etc where receivers, TEs or lineman can blindside and crack down on edge rushers/DEs?

DBs can’t even go low on lineman in open space anymore

The only answer i have is this…the nfl and its partners want offense at the cost of effective defense so whatever benefits the offense the nfl will fight for. Im honestly glad i dont play football these days bc everything i was taught has been completely thrown out the door now.

I understand the penalizing of targeting as that’s something a defender knows they’re going to do. It’s a whole motion for them to load up and lead with the helmet, but this is such a natural thing that can happen when trying to tackle someone from behind. I don’t think players purposely do this tackle with the intent to cause harm whereas the severe targeting hits they KNOW they are going to do (such as a receiver in the air, blindside block, etc. Not so much the ticky tack ones).

Back
Top Bottom