Official NFL Season Opener: New Orleans Saints @ Green Bay Packers Game Thread 9/8

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Calm the @+** down.
laugh.gif

*looks @ avy*  They have a reason to be jubilant tho

Tremendous, tremendous game. Not just to open the season, but in general.

Carries for the Saints RBs? That's something I was really paying attention to during the game. Mark Ingram with 13 carries, Pierre Thomas with 5, Darren Sproles with 2. However, Brees targeted Sproles and Thomas a combined 14 times in the passing game. Seems pretty simple to me. Ingram will be the primary ballcarrier (don't be naive, the coaches aren't going to jump to speedy conclusions like the rest of you.. it's his first game in the NFL against the freaking Packers of all teams. This is a rookie ladies and gentleman) and Sproles and Pierre will be out there on passing downs.

Great play by A.J. Hawk at the end of the game, bad call by the referees in such a big spot.

I have zero clue what Sean Payton was thinking at the end. I don't care if a play action didn't work earlier in the game! Do you not see the glut of Packers LBs and DL just staring you straight in the eye all bunched between the tackles? I mean, have some damn creativity up your sleeve.

Hated that playcall. Short-yardage isn't the Saints' strength and they're lining everyone up and asking them to block 9 on 11. If the Saints were gonna run, at least spread the Packers defense out with 3 receivers to keep them honest. 

Back
Top Bottom