OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD.... BLACKHAWKS WIN STANLEY CUP

this will be a good series. i wish and hope the hawks will take the cup. it will be tough. i actually have been looking into the matchup and it will be interesting to see how the flyers will match the hawks line. no lie flyers will get their hands full but we shall see. its all about matchups. the flyers defense will be busy. the hawks forwards wil be tested. can both teams handle the pressure?

oh and the goalies...both are hot right now. if the flyers defense ease up, leighton will be tested big time. again it comes down to matchups. Q matched up the VAN and SJ series perfectly.

i cant wait......

First of all. Tyler you my friend know nothing. Who said the hawks should win? How are they well beyond the flyers? There are so much factors going into this, that just because you think Hawks look better on paper doesn't mean they'll win. They might as well give them the cup right?

Now some pictures..

Flyers game..
genos steaks were amzing philly cheese steaks...

the wachovia center

my seats

pic of me from my seats

Charity Hockey tournament for Autism. We won first place. We chose flyer colors because this was the day after they completed the unbelievable 0-3 comeback..

number 1

They obviously have to play the games. Vegas has the Hawks at -275 right now. That means they are massively favored. Aside from having been an obnoxious homer in this thread (sorry about that), I will be very surprised if the Flyers win 2 games. The Hawks ARE better on paper and off.

nice pics
pimp.gif

Call me a homer
laugh.gif
 but i think the Flyers and the Hawks are evenly matched. Again don't look at the regular season because the Flyers had alot of issues, New Coach, New System, Injuries, rumors of internal problems, etc...

Gagne-Richards-Carter
Hartnell-Briere-Veino
JvR-Giroux-Asham
Lappy-Betts-Powe
(Carcillo)

Pronger-Carle
Timonen-Coburn
Parent-Krajicek  

Leighton

This is the team people were calling the deepest in the NHL earlier.

ohwell.gif

^Yep. Philly's forwards are at least even, if not better. However, Chi's D top to bottom gets the edge because Kraijcek and Parent are bums. Pronger is the best player in the series though.

laugh.gif
 they barley get playing time as it is but reading HF boards sounds like Chicago's bottom pair are bums too.

Philly does look good, I just think the hawks have been the best team all postseason.

And how is Pronger the best player in the series with how Toews is playing?

Originally Posted by dmxfury

I can't wait to start playing roller hockey again just tough to find spots around here
same here man. would love to get back into it. it's actually how i learned. played for like two years with friends before taking it to the ice.

Same here deadset I played roller and goalie for roller years befor hitting the ice. That said our championship game is tonight and I need a Jim Craig type game (we are overmatched)

Originally Posted by SCuse7

And how is Pronger the best player in the series with how Toews is playing?

Overall a better player than Toews and just coming off the way he limited Cammalleri to one goal there entire series when he was the most clutch offensive player in the Washington and Pittsburgh series.

I know this has nothing to do with the NHL but we freakin' WON!

Now I'm all fired up for hockey, wished this started earlier than Saturday.....

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

nice pics
pimp.gif

Call me a homer
laugh.gif
 but i think the Flyers and the Hawks are evenly matched. Again don't look at the regular season because the Flyers had alot of issues, New Coach, New System, Injuries, rumors of internal problems, etc...

Gagne-Richards-Carter
Hartnell-Briere-Veino
JvR-Giroux-Asham
Lappy-Betts-Powe
(Carcillo)

Pronger-Carle
Timonen-Coburn
Parent-Krajicek  

Leighton

This is the team people were calling the deepest in the NHL earlier.

ohwell.gif

If they moved Lappy up to the third line and Asham down, that would be a serious third line.

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

laugh.gif
 they barley get playing time as it is but reading HF boards sounds like Chicago's bottom pair are bums too.

it wouldn't be as bad had Kim Johnsson actually been playing.  but now with Jordan Hendry in there with Soaps.  it doesn't look as good.

Tampa bay fans and Canucks fans don't exactly have too fond memories of Lukas Krají

%%*%, i hate the time in between the conclusion of the conference finals and the stanley cup finals
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Winter Classic officially at Heinz, still thought it should be in Happy Valley and Flyers Pens but whatever, I know people mad Pens are in it again but I bet they go a while now before a 3rd trip

Back
Top Bottom