OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD...

I was at the wings game last night....I just woke up with a wicked hang over by the way.....great game to watch live.....side note Joe Louise Arena is anamazing place to watch a game.

After seeing the schedule for the conference finals I am going to go out on a limb and say it benefits detroit, just because there are a few 3 day spreads andthe wings play better with longer down time between games.....

Call me crazy, but I really don't think the Hawks stand much of a chance. The way to beat the Wings is to play physical and defend them. Not just tooutscore them in an up and down game. I just don't know if Chicago can do that.

They'd be wise to put as much pressure as possible on Osgood throughout the series. Keep it out of their own zone and keep the shots low agaist Khabibulin.I think they've got a shot but I think Detroit takes it in 6.

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

Call me crazy, but I really don't think the Hawks stand much of a chance. The way to beat the Wings is to play physical and defend them. Not just to outscore them in an up and down game. I just don't know if Chicago can do that.

did you watch any of the chicago-calgary and chicago-vancouver series? That's all we did was play physical and defend
edit: I'm really upset that 2 games are on NBC. The NBC here looks like crap but Pitt-Carolina gets all VS. channel? I rather watch VS. because I haveVS. HD

Yeah, I watched all of the Vancouver/Chicago series.
Playing against Detroit's offense is a whole different beast compared to Van/Cal.

I just got some great information on NHL 10

1. Patrick Kane is coverboy
6c125b6e91534750181af7a8a69e883bd1023fb.png

2. here is the rest of the article from someone who was invited to the NHL 10 community day event
NHL 09 set the bar high with innovative features that can make the difference between winning and losing a game. NHL 10 is full of new and, dare I say, evenmore innovative features for users to master. I will briefly break down 6 of the new features you can expect to see in NHL 10 when it lands on store shelvesthis fall. Each will add a new dynamic to the "best game you can name"

The NHL Development team has been hard at work collecting information from message boards, blogs, and everywhere they can get it to deliver an authenticVirtual NHL experience. I was fortunate to be able to witness 1st hand the passion that each of the Producers have for the sport and for the product that theyspend countless hours creating. Make no mistake; EA is listening to what everyone has to say in order to deliver a balanced experience for everyone that triesthe game.

Without further delay I would like to highlight these six new features that will set NHL 10 apart from all other games when it is released this fall:
45825e6eb858e74511aa1490dc7511da8a7604f.jpg

Ovechkin in for the shot

Interactive Crowds:

The Atmosphere in an NHL game is very important as it can add to the ebb and flow of a game. The Home Team often feeds off of it while the Away Team can getintimidated by it. NHL 10 adds new dynamic crowd participation that truly stands out. In NHL 09, it seemed the crowd was taking audio cues from on-ice action.In NHL 10, there is no question about it! You hear the crowd noise build to a crescendo that is deafening at points during the action, and it is in definiteresponse to on ice actions! That's right, whether it is from a big hit or a fight won or a PP goal, what you do on the ice will dictate how the fans react.The total number of fan tweaks is mind boggling and will impress even the harshest critic. Crowd noise and participation can play in your favor this year andnot be an after thought. Specifically, "White Out" in Pittsburgh, with thousands of white towels, is a sight to be seen. You will see it in NHL 10when the playoffs start for your respective franchise. The subtle addition of something as simple as playoff props can and does go a long way in delivering thedesired atmosphere of an NHL game.
41525cce1353c7991d1aef2f54cdc34a296e3be.jpg

Note the fans in the crowd?

Board Play:

Seen it, done it, got the T-shirt right? WRONG. Board Play in NHL 10 adds a completely different strategy to this game as you fight for possession of thefrozen chunk of rubber; it is very intuitive and becomes second nature when mastered. Dump and Chase was instrumental in NHL 09 if used effectively. Board Playadds to that and amps it up a notch higher. The players can now shield the puck and cradle it between their skates away from opposing players until helparrives. That is not to say that the puck cannot be stripped or jarred free, but there is a back and forth mechanic that is user controlled from start tofinish. The Interactive Crowd plays into this as well. While the player has the puck cradled between his skates, fans actually get out of their seats and bangon the glass!! Banging on the glass is a little thing that adds to the overall authenticity of this game, and is cool to see in action.
15f15de0517410ada155fa3bf944e5b6ac1872b.jpg

5e5259cecd52a7aa15ba2404e0121c6bb8c5d0c.jpg

Another shot, note the puck between skates?

Intimidation Tactics:

This has been done in games before, but not to this level. There are no goofy comic book fonts labeled I for Intimidated or E for Enforcer. The Developmentteam in NHL 10 has made it a more gradual process, noticeable as passes are missed or shots go wide. As the game progresses, you don't need letters to tellyou who on your team is hearing footsteps. The more attention you pay to one player by hitting him or bumping into him the more intimidated he will become.This will add to the strategy by the time the final whistle is blown. It is unlikely that you will see a player hide on the bench in fear, but there may be ahesitation before chasing loose pucks in the corners.
Precision Passing:

Tape to Tape… NO MORE. That is fact, not hype build up created to distract you from this years' Precision Passing feature mechanics. NHL 09 delivered someof the most unreal, insane "how did that pass get through" moments I have seen in a long time. The idea of passing in NHL is such a simple concept,yet hard to translate in a video game. Games are not scripted and therefore no set path can be followed. The fact that you have total control over direction,speed, weight and elevation of each pass in NHL 10 adds a much needed feature to this game that, until you play with it, you didn't realize was missing.Precision Passing will take some time to master, but once mastered, will only add to an authentic overall experience.

Post Whistle Action:

FINALLY! This has been a feature that many people have been asking about for a while and it is now available in NHL 10. The play is whistled dead and playersare supposed to stop and reset for the next faceoff. Rarely in an NHL game does that happen as players are so tightly wound with emotion and the slightestnudge after the whistle can end up in a brawl. This is a cool addition and all but be warned the ref is watching. You will get called for a penalty if youcross the line with a cross check or even start a fight. When there is a stoppage in play because of a penalty, and you go over the line with antics PostWhistle, you will receive a secondary penalty! That's right, no more immediate cut scenes to the referee skating over and calling the penalty. You will geta secondary penalty called if you don't "behave" The animations for Post Whistle action are user controlled and will lead to a game within agame. Will you be the intimidator or the intimidated?
9a1158e5507c1aa7cab8247467a102fbab258c2.jpg

Ahhhhh the face wash!!

First Person Fighting:

I was skeptical when this feature was revealed. After seeing it in action… I am a fan. The user now has the option to accept a fight or decline. The choicemade affects the momentum in the game. Talbot was a great example in the playoffs this year as he fought Daniel Carcillo and lost. The team fed off the factthat Talbot showed up and didn't back down and ultimately won game six in the first round and eliminated the Flyers. The fighting in real life NHL games israndom and will affect the outcome of a game either positively or negatively, so why should a virtual NHL game be any different? Knowing when to fight isimportant and your team will reflect your decision. First Person Fighting is exactly what you think it is; you are transported inside your players' bodyand are looking through his eyes and seeing what he sees. The range of vision narrows as you take damage and eventually you see stars and crumple to the ice.Even then the winner can still get a couple of shots in while you are lying prone on the ice.
ce63501aebee5a7c7aae177eab540a7a9229deb.jpg

Up close and personal!

Winning a fight in NHL 10 requires strategy and timing. Gone are the days of button mashing furiously to deliver the knock out blow on your opponent. A moreintuitive system is in place that allows you to guide your opponent with one hand as you cling to his jersey with the other, all the while trying to dodge andweave his punches and land your own. Duck, Weave, Stick and Move are very well done, and with time spent practicing the new system the heavy weight belt of theNHL will be yours. The Producers have also given Claude Lemieux fans something to cheer about as they have added a "turtle" mechanic, should youdecide that you don't want to fight!!

Zack Stortini led the NHL in fights for the 2008-2009 season. The Edmonton player was invited to EA to give the producers insight into what goes on in a toughguy's head. The end result is one that is authentic and exciting. Tough guys are no longer an after thought in NHL video games; they do make a differencein NHL 10.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

NHL10 Looks freaking sick. I'm surprised they still haven't had Crosby as a coverboy though.

^BTW game should be out in Sept.

Post Whistle Action:

FINALLY! This has been a feature that many people have been asking about for a while and it is now available in NHL 10. The play is whistled dead and players are supposed to stop and reset for the next faceoff. Rarely in an NHL game does that happen as players are so tightly wound with emotion and the slightest nudge after the whistle can end up in a brawl. This is a cool addition and all but be warned the ref is watching. You will get called for a penalty if you cross the line with a cross check or even start a fight. When there is a stoppage in play because of a penalty, and you go over the line with antics Post Whistle, you will receive a secondary penalty! That's right, no more immediate cut scenes to the referee skating over and calling the penalty. You will get a secondary penalty called if you don't "behave" The animations for Post Whistle action are user controlled and will lead to a game within a game. Will you be the intimidator or the intimidated?

eek.gif
pimp.gif

OH. MY. GOODNESS.

NHL 09' was the BEST game that I have played in a long, long time....EA got the forumla right w. the hockey...I think they found ways to top last yearsversion....I can't %@%%$!# wait! When's the release date?

you can turtle too when fighting say you have crosby and don't want him hurt you can turtle shell down to the ice and your fans will boo but he will stayhealthy. LMAO

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

Yeah, I watched all of the Vancouver/Chicago series.
Playing against Detroit's offense is a whole different beast compared to Van/Cal.

Calgary's "D" was injured most of the time

Vancouver's "D" was really stationary, and couldnt pivot too good. Chicago just either made the long pass, or deked the "D" out ofposition

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

you can turtle too when fighting say you have crosby and don't want him hurt you can turtle shell down to the ice and your fans will boo but he will stay healthy. LMAO

roll.gif
I can see DoubleJ's picking the Pens just to do that to Crosby.

LVJordan238 wrote:
Call me crazy, but I really don't think the Hawks stand much of a chance. The way to beat the Wings is to play physical and defend them. Not just to outscore them in an up and down game. I just don't know if Chicago can do that.
It's going to be a great series, at least that's what I am hoping for. I still can't believe me and smoke ya later root for the same team
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

LVJordan238 wrote:
It's going to be a great series, at least that's what I am hoping for. I still can't believe me and smoke ya later root for the same team
laugh.gif

yeah
laugh.gif

you can turtle too when fighting say you have crosby and don't want him hurt you can turtle shell down to the ice and your fans will boo but he will stay healthy. LMAO

frown.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

man. that sucked. and of all people to score, that POS walker.

There's always the Red Sox.
laugh.gif
Speaking of the Red Sox, in the bathroom after the game one guy was like "..now we have to listen to these pansy baseball playerscomplain about their strained obliques for 5 months" and another guy said "I dont even think I have a @*%%%%' oblique!" I was rollinglaughing
roll.gif

Wow, can't wait for 10
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Sucks that I have to work Sunday, my boys got tickets for Game 1 tomorrow.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom