Official NHL Regular Season Thread... Capitals win President's trophy

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

Quick question for you guys that buy jerseys. Are the Authentics that much better quality than the Premier to justify the extra $150? I'm about to order either a Perry or B. Ryan jersey, but I don't know if I want to spend almost 300 bucks.
The authentics are much better quality... maybe not worth an extra $150 but I just hate the reebok premieres. They fit terrible. The older CCMreplicas were awesome though.

Thanks for the input on the jerseys guys. I ended up ordering a black Premier Selanne. Went with him because I'm gonna wait to get a Ryan until he signs anextension. Got 15% off and NHLStore was offering free customization today.

Marian Gaborik is the only reason why I still go to games...
laugh.gif

I'm really not sure why I go there to watch Rozsival and Redden blow the game in the 3rd period EVERY SINGLE NIGHT....
mad.gif

Anyone see highlights of the Panthers/Thrashers game?

Kovalchuk scored a goal...then some defenceman on the Panthers decided to swing his stick in anger at the crossbar...except that he connected with Vokoun'shead. Vokoun was stretchered off
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Kovalchuk scored a goal...then some defenceman on the Panthers decided to swing his stick in anger at the crossbar...except that he connected with Vokoun's head. Vokoun was stretchered off
eek.gif
HOLY *!+$....I just saw it on NHLNet.... he just skated away too...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Kovalchuk scored a goal...then some defenceman on the Panthers decided to swing his stick in anger at the crossbar...except that he connected with Vokoun's head. Vokoun was stretchered off
eek.gif
smh.gif
eek.gif
need to see this. hope vokes is OK

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

eek.gif
smh.gif
Ballard is beyond stupid. hope Vokoun is alright.

I hope the NHL suspends Ballard, even though it was accidental. You cant have ******s recklessly swinging their sticks like that everytime they're upset.

Sources tell TSN that Boston forward Marc Savard has agreed with the Bruins on a seven-year deal with an annual cap hit of around $4.2 million per year.

Originally Posted by cquan05

Sources tell TSN that Boston forward Marc Savard has agreed with the Bruins on a seven-year deal with an annual cap hit of around $4.2 million per year.

i like it...but only if management doesn't use this as an excuse to not bring in a true goal scorer at some point.

7 years at 4.2 a pop for a soon to be 33 year old when you need goal scorers on this team? Eh.

[table][tr][td]2009-2010 Power Rankings: Week 10[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]RK (PV)[/td] [td] TEAM[/td] [td]REC.[/td] [td]COMMENT[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
san.gif
[/td] [td]1 (2)[/td] [td]Sharks[/td] [td]18-6-4[/td] [td]The Sharks have bounced back with two straight wins after being pounded 7-2 by Chicago. Have won four of five and remain the cream of the NHL crop.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
chi.gif
[/td] [td]2 (1)[/td] [td]Blackhawks[/td] [td]16-6-3[/td] [td]The Blackhawks rolled in Marian Hossa's first game with the team, but then were blanked in Anaheim and scored just once in a shootout loss to L.A. Still, a team to be reckoned with.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
njd.gif
[/td] [td]3 (3)[/td] [td]Devils[/td] [td]17-6-1[/td] [td]The injuries keep mounting as David Clarkson is out four to six weeks after blocking a shot. But the Devils keep winning and remain the team to beat in the Eastern Conference.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pit.gif
[/td] [td]4 (7)[/td] [td]Penguins[/td] [td]18-9-0[/td] [td]The Penguins are getting healthy, and that's bad news for the rest of the league. Just ask the Rangers, who were smoked 8-3 by Sidney Crosby & Co. on Saturday night.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
cgy.gif
[/td] [td]5 (4)[/td] [td]Flames[/td] [td]16-6-3[/td] [td]The Flames are a magnificent 9-1-3 away from home, including a come-from-behind win in Columbus on Saturday with backup Curtis McElhinney between the pipes.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
was.gif
[/td] [td]6 (6)[/td] [td]Capitals[/td] [td]15-5-6[/td] [td]The Caps are getting it done, sometimes dramatically, as was the case Saturday when they tied the Habs with 12 seconds left. But their 23rd-ranked penalty kill is a concern.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
nsh.gif
[/td] [td]7 (15)[/td] [td]Predators[/td] [td]15-9-1[/td] [td]What the heck are the Preds doing this far up in the rankings? Well, winning nine of 11 will do that for you. Kudos to coach Barry Trotz and his crew of Music City overachievers.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
bos.gif
[/td] [td]8 (18)[/td] [td]Bruins[/td] [td]13-8-5[/td] [td]Tuukka Rask has been terrific as Tim Thomas battles a nagging lower-body injury. After winning five of six and gaining points in six straight, the Bruins moved past Ottawa into first in the Northeast, where most people figured they'd reside all season.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
los.gif
[/td] [td]9 (11)[/td] [td]Kings[/td] [td]15-10-2[/td] [td]Big shootout win over Chicago for the Kings, but they've still lost three of five and need to prove they can win consistently without emotional leader Ryan Smyth.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
buf.gif
[/td] [td]10 (9)[/td] [td]Sabres[/td] [td]14-7-2[/td] [td]The Sabres have won two in a row to put a halt to four-game skid that saw them fall out of first in the Northeast.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
atl.gif
[/td] [td]11 (20)[/td] [td]Thrashers[/td] [td]13-7-3[/td] [td]The Thrashers are getting it done on both sides of the puck as they rank first in goals per game, but have pitched three shutouts in their last eight outings. They're 7-1-2 in their past 10.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
col.gif
[/td] [td]12 (13)[/td] [td]Avalanche[/td] [td]14-8-5[/td] [td]The Avs have lost five of six. And while they continue to collect points as they did in Saturday's shootout loss to Minnesota, one wonders just where this slide will leave the early-season Cinderellas.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
ott.gif
[/td] [td]13 (17)[/td] [td]Senators[/td] [td]13-7-4[/td] [td]The Sens have collected points in seven of their past eight games. Captain Daniel Alfredsson is quietly leading the team with 25 points in 24 games. Loss of Pascal Leclaire may hurt. Or not.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dal.gif
[/td] [td]14 (12)[/td] [td]Stars[/td] [td]12-7-7[/td] [td]Brad Richards is on fire with 10 points in his past five games and is fourth in NHL scoring. The Stars have yet to win more than two in a row all season.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
tam.gif
[/td] [td]15 (14)[/td] [td]Lightning[/td] [td]10-6-8[/td] [td]Up-and-down season continues for the Lightning as they've lost five of eight but managed to collect points in three of those losses. Steven Stamkos leads team with 17 goals, fourth in the NHL, and 29 points.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pho.gif
[/td] [td]16 (16)[/td] [td]Coyotes[/td] [td]15-11-1[/td] [td]The Coyotes have lost eight of 14, but just when you want to start the deathwatch, they pull off a big win as they did in overtime Sunday night against Anaheim.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
van.gif
[/td] [td]17 (19)[/td] [td]Canucks[/td] [td]14-12-0[/td] [td]The Canucks looked like they were ready to take off, but then took a step backward losing 4-2 at home to San Jose on Sunday. Offense has taken off of late with four or more goals in four of their last six outings.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
det.gif
[/td] [td]18 (5)[/td] [td]Red Wings[/td] [td]12-9-4[/td] [td]The Red Wings came alive in a come-from-behind shootout win over St. Louis on Saturday, but still have lost three of four and scored just four times over that period.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
cls.gif
[/td] [td]19 (10)[/td] [td]Blue Jackets[/td] [td]12-9-4[/td] [td]The Blue Jackets own the league's top-ranked power play, but now need to work on keeping the puck out of their own net as they rank 28th in goals against and have dropped five straight.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
phi.gif
[/td] [td]20 (
glasses.gif
[/td] [td]Flyers[/td] [td]13-10-1[/td] [td]The Flyers have followed a nice hot streak by going cold and losing five of six games, including being shut out in Atlanta on Saturday night.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
stl.gif
[/td] [td]21 (26)[/td] [td]Blues[/td] [td]10-9-5[/td] [td]The Blues are slowly turning things around offensively as they've gone 4-1-1 in their past six outings.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
nyi.gif
[/td] [td]22 (23)[/td] [td]Islanders[/td] [td]10-10-7[/td] [td]The Islanders are having trouble maintaining traction as they've lost five of eight. Followed up a big win over Pittsburgh with a 6-1 drubbing by the New Jersey Devils on Saturday.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
mon.gif
[/td] [td]23 (21)[/td] [td]Canadiens[/td] [td]12-12-2[/td] [td]The Habs rank 23rd on the power play and 27th in goals per game. Allowed Washington to tie in the waning seconds Saturday before losing in a shootout.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
nyr.gif
[/td] [td]24 (24)[/td] [td]Rangers[/td] [td]13-12-1[/td] [td]The Rangers' slide continues as they've lost seven of 11 and been outscored 13-4 in their past two games.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
fla.gif
[/td] [td]25 (22)[/td] [td]Panthers[/td] [td]10-11-4[/td] [td]The Panthers followed up a stretch where they won five of six by losing four straight. That's how you miss the playoffs every season since the turn of the century.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
ana.gif
[/td] [td]26 (28)[/td] [td]Ducks[/td] [td]10-11-4[/td] [td]Have the Ducks turned a corner? They've won four of six and collected points in five of the past six games.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
min.gif
[/td] [td]27 (25)[/td] [td]Wild[/td] [td]10-12-3[/td] [td]This has been the best stretch of the season for the beleaguered Wild. They've won three of four, including a sweep of division foe Colorado. Still a long way to go to get back to respectability.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
tor.gif
[/td] [td]28 (30)[/td] [td]Maple Leafs[/td] [td]6-11-7[/td] [td]The Leafs continue to make small strides, winning three of four and posting points in five straight. Goalie Vesa Toskala out with an injury puts a lot more pressure on Jonas Gustavsson.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
edm.gif
[/td] [td]29 (27)[/td] [td]Oilers[/td] [td]10-13-4[/td] [td]The Oilers continue to lose key personnel as Ales Hemsky is out long-term with a shoulder injury that required surgery. Edmonton has lost 11 of 14 and looks like a team on a direct flight to nowhere.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
car.gif
[/td] [td]30 (29)[/td] [td]Hurricanes[/td] [td]5-16-5[/td] [td]The hits just keep on coming for the Canes. They blew a 4-1 lead and lost to Atlanta and then gave up five third-period goals to Buffalo en route to their fourth straight loss and 19th loss in their past 22 games.[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by cquan05

i like it...but only if management doesn't use this as an excuse to not bring in a true goal scorer at some point.

woulda been nice to ink savard to a 4 year deal and lucic to a 7 year deal...but eh. i don't think 4.2 keeps us from signing a top goalscorer. we need playmakers like savard to compliment any big time scorer.

7 years though? Give him 4 max and keep it at that. Outside of Ilya, what goal scorers are out there on the market this offseason?

Back
Top Bottom