OFFICIAL NIKE AIR COMMAND FORCE PUMP & 180 PUMP RETRO THREAD (**NEW ACTUAL PIC ON PG 1)

Yeah not only do I have the crease on the right toe box, the pump on the left shoe feels "deflated" and not "solid/full", although I won't be using the pump. The production date in my pair is 5/14/14-7/10/14.

I have this production run with the strange crease in the right (I don't care) but both my pumps function just fine, no issues.

EDIT: my end date is 7/15 not 7/10 if that matters. Also purchased from END a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
I watched your video on these and it kind of helped my decision to get the retro 1 instead. Do both of your pairs have that sticky sound in the insoles? That **** annoys me my flight 89 retros were like that

The latest pair with the August date doesn't has noticeably more of that noise than the latest pair. It's probably because the first pair I picked up with the July date has a lot more padding around the ankle

Wouldn't be the first time Nike pulls bs like that.... But I'm almost positive I've read of a U.S. release date.

I think @GrizzlyAnimal was the one that posted it pages back? If not, maybe jshortt jshortt can shed some light.

The catalog said 12/1, which truly just means sometime in December. We'll probably see a concrete date soon. This first pair getting pushed back may have fudged with the release of the Spurs pair, but we'll see.

Peace,
J

I picked up my pair from NTLV yesterday & I inquired about the Spurs colorway. Dude told me that it was a Euro & Asia release only. I guess we'll see. I'm trynna see if should double up on these or not.

Shout to dat boi @TRETHOUSANDGT for tha petition tho.

Last edited:
Believe it or not those 1s you got yesterday originaly came out 5 years prior to these command forces. So they (the 1s) are even more "before your time".

Noobs...gotta let em be..

:lol:

Dat jays on my feet feat. Hannah Montana generation

:lol:

Dat jays on my feet feat. Hannah Montana generation

Lol...right!? I feel sorry for them sometimes. Not knowing the history and all. Just blindly "gettin dem jays!!" Hey it is what it is though. Can't blame them for not knowing I guess. Just irks to hear the ignorance lol. You know hype is bad when iconic command forces (a shoe that hasn't released in 24+ years) sit but black/white 1s sell out lol. Although blk/wht 1s w/ NA are special in their own right, it's definitely command forces>>>>> over them all day. I was just 1yo in 85' but I'm sure if Breds/ royals/Chicagos "sat", then the blk/wht 1s had to have ROTTED on shelfs lol.

Personally I'm glad the teenage beast don't understand the significance of the pumps in the whole sneaker culture. More for us that do. It's a siloette that basically in bodies the inspiration for several shoes (I.e. Mags, Yeezys etc.) fashion styles and everything "retro". They are THE retro to have IMO. They're most def the retro of the year, maybe the decade.

Last edited:
I gotta agree there! These Jordans have become such a hussle for the person that buys the shoe simply to say "my shoes are worth $$$". But for the real retro shoe lover, that appreciates and wears they're shoes...... These are a true grail. They will gain value soon. The youngsters think the 90's is all of a sudden cool again. Saw Teyana Taylor in a Cross Color jacket..... I know, some of you are like, "note to self, google cross colors".

I've literally never seen you in a thread where you liked the shoe.

Why do you bother posting in threads where you hate the shoe?

These have had less mark up in the last 20 years than most of the shoes in your sig so there's not much room for you to complain here
I never said I didn't like this shoe. This shoe I do like. What I don't like and I clearly stated was the PRICE.
Retail price for these was 130 here is the catalog from 1990
seems more accurate than what some dudes seem to think in here. I really doubted it was $180 back then... not saying it couldn't have been but it seems unlikely

Lol...right!? I feel sorry for them sometimes. Not knowing the history and all. Just blindly "gettin dem jays!!" Hey it is what it is though. Can't blame them for not knowing I guess. Just irks to hear the ignorance lol. You know hype is bad when iconic command forces (a shoe that hasn't released in 24+ years) sit but black/white 1s sell out lol. Although blk/wht 1s w/ NA are special in their own right, it's definitely command forces>>>>> over them all day. I was just 1yo in 85' but I'm sure if Breds/ royals/Chicagos "sat", then the blk/wht 1s had to have ROTTED on shelfs lol.

Personally I'm glad the teenage beast don't understand the significance of the pumps in the whole sneaker culture. More for us that do. It's a siloette that basically in bodies the inspiration for several shoes (I.e. Mags, Yeezys etc.) fashion styles and everything "retro". They are THE retro to have IMO. They're most def the retro of the year, maybe the decade.
I can see where the dude is coming from with the 1's, these days every kid knows every Jordan even the ones born in 2000 but none of them know who Billy Hoyle and they think the Air Tech challenges are knock off Yeezy 2s. Jordan 1s are now a huge hypebeast shoe now since Kanye threw em on with that Supreme field pullover so now you have stuff like this

Now I know there are some genuine 1 fans but the high prices and sell outs are from young kids trying to fit in with what they see.

and retro of the decade? ...that's 10 years. Is that purely from a "they haven't been retroed yet" point of view?

I can see where the dude is coming from with the 1's, these days every kid knows every Jordan even the ones born in 2000 but none of them know who Billy Hoyle and they think the Air Tech challenges are knock off Yeezy 2s. Jordan 1s are now a huge hypebeast shoe now since Kanye threw em on with that Supreme field pullover so now you have stuff like this

retro of the decade? ...that's 10 years. Is that purely from a "they haven't been retroed yet" point of view?

In part, yes. They haven't been retroed ever which is a significant fact. Wether or not it's the retro of the decade is a matter of opinion and is subjective, hence why I said it 'maybe' the retro of the decade. To some that is. For me, dating back from 2010 till now at least, I can't think of another Nike shoe more in need of a retro and with more signifigance than these so far. I mean in recent years I've heard of and seen OG pairs going for $1000+ on eBay for Christ sakes. :lol:

Yeah I understand what you are saying

It was egregious that these hadn't been retroed until now, I can't think of another glaring retro omission that was like this

Nike had basically retroed every model of great signification that was over 15 years old except these

Just tried these on in store and I really felt a feeling I've never felt before in the shoe game, I signed numerous petitions and even emailed Nike when I was 13 trying to get them to come back out with these. Can't wait to cop these bad boys and finally lace & pump em up for the first time ever.

Glad to see these selling well, but not selling out. Hopefully Nike continues the Command Force line.

Just tried these on in store and I really felt a feeling I've never felt before in the shoe game, I signed numerous petitions and even emailed Nike when I was 13 trying to get them to come back out with these. Can't wait to cop these bad boys and finally lace & pump em up for the first time ever.
too much

Tried these on in store today, looks great and definitely comfortable, not for retail though, will wait until next week to cop with military discount and perhaps get another pair once they go on sale hopefully around christmas time...

I never said I didn't like this shoe. This shoe I do like. What I don't like and I clearly stated was the PRICE.
seems more accurate than what some dudes seem to think in here. I really doubted it was $180 back then... not saying it couldn't have been but it seems unlikely

I said as much about the price from the start. The only $200-ish pair was the Pressure. The 180 Pumps were $140-$145 depending on the store.

Peace,
J

I picked up my pair from NTLV yesterday & I inquired about the Spurs colorway. Dude told me that it was a Euro & Asia release only. I guess we'll see. I'm trynna see if should double up on these or not.

Shout to dat boi @TRETHOUSANDGT for tha petition tho.

Not true. I posted a pic of the catalog description/release month in here months ago.

Peace,
J

I said as much about the price from the start. The only $200-ish pair was the Pressure. The 180 Pumps were $140-$145 depending on the store.

Peace,
J
If we get the pressures back I would be willing to bet they won't come in the case ...or those would be SPs and super limited/expensive 
frown.gif

Now I know there are some genuine 1 fans but the high prices and sell outs are from young kids trying to fit in with what they see.

and retro of the decade? ...that's 10 years. Is that purely from a "they haven't been retroed yet" point of view?
I say this all the time. The only time shoes sell out fast crazy is because the younger crowd is beasting for them.

Back
Top Bottom