OFFICIAL NIKE AIR COMMAND FORCE PUMP & 180 PUMP RETRO THREAD (**NEW ACTUAL PIC ON PG 1)

:wow: :smokin the icing on the cake is how you incorporated his face into the collar... crazy subtle but that little detail really makes it that much better.

Last edited:
I don't want you to reveal your trade secrets, but was it difficult to incoporate the led's into the air bubble?

I actually had a company called Evolved Footwear install them. So I can't take the credit for the effort, just the idea. However that being said after taking the shoe apart again...I might start to do that on my own as part of certain customs. It isn't difficult other than you have to cut into the air bubble. There are 3 light modes as well. Pretty cool.

Doesn't that effectively make the air bag useless though?

Most of the "cushioning" in the standard and max air bags actually come from the pillars inside. They feel the same when they're on as my girl wore them to her PT clinic yesterday. Zoom bags are a different story though.

Tiny pillars of foam that are crushed under the weight of your body because there is no extra foam around to help support or an air bag to support the weight?

Everyone has seen that beat up Nike air shoe in public that's flat and sagging. No way you could convince me it's still cushioned. There would be no point in Nike adding an air bag then if just the pillars do it all.

Last edited:
ARK ARK
Man I'm not here to argue or convince you of anything. I am merely speaking from experience of actually taking the shoes apart from time to time (the pillars are not the same type of foam, phylon or otherwise, that the midsoles are made from. They are considerably sturdier) and wearing popped air bubbles in my own shoes in the past. But like I said, that's MY experience.

Oh man some of the best cushioning is from those saggy flat air bags lol

Kind of like low pressure air no?

Didnt the tailwind series use to have low pressure air soles?

I know and 1 use to have that in their sig basketball shoes

Last edited:
Saggy bag cushioning 8)

nowhere else online u would see cats talking about that lol

Fully popped bag is basically trash tho

Last edited:
ARK ARK
Man I'm not here to argue or convince you of anything. I am merely speaking from experience of actually taking the shoes apart from time to time (the pillars are not the same type of foam, phylon or otherwise, that the midsoles are made from. They are considerably sturdier) and wearing popped air bubbles in my own shoes in the past. But like I said, that's MY experience.

Yeah not here to argue either. Just been my experience on late 80s early 90s retros when sawing them in half that popped bags do nothing for me. You're allowed to do whatever you like to your shoes though and they look great. I never got the red CF myself as I only picked up the volt model.

Last edited:
Yeah not here to argue either. Just been my experience on late 80s early 90s retros when sawing them in half that popped bags do nothing for me. You're allowed to do whatever you like to your shoes though and they look great. I never got the red CF myself as I only picked up the volt model.

I have them...and now that I've done these...it's definitely given me some ideas to jazz up my own pair. I do like them a lot and the red nubuck itself is great, but just red and white is sometimes too plain for me. We'll see if I can grab another pair under the $160 mark...as that's the lowest (other than eBay) that I've seen from regular online retailers.

Can you do a PS of the red with that midsole accent middle part (purple part on my custom) black, with a black lining and black piece at the bottom of the tongue? If not...oh well :lol:

Just finished my first ever pair of customs.

Thinking about applying the same color palette to a pair of my emeralds.

Back
Top Bottom