Official Nike Air Force III 1988 Appreciation VOL: Bring Em Back!

KanyIZZY

formerly j o 19
I couldn't find a thread for these but if there is one we can lock this up. No news of a retro but there should be! These are one of my favorite in the AF line and we are due for another retro. The last real run in 2005 were nice. I had the White/Grey, Reds, and the Samurai's pictured below. Fellow Air Force (III) fans.. show love. :nthat:
04-5.jpg

l5mis21.jpg

c09afc31a595d8f2d92e2e8712f89ee7.png

1607610437.jpeg
shopify-full-image-2000x2000_06401181-3669-4903-b34f-0b52f8946423_1024x.jpg

yeah would like moar of the massive basketball sneakers of late late 80's/early 90's for winter. SFB's are good still but tiresome to lace entirely at times .

I had high Escapes in HS baby, so in!!
Couldn’t afford copping OG Escapes while in HS (Nike Japan never released em and parallel imported items were marked up outrageously back then…), so grabbed these 2 Retro promptly when they came back. Regrettably, got rid of both when moving tho…

What am I missing about this pic? For one that colorway never re issued, second they didn’t retro during the time this pic was taken super confusing lol
Remember hearing that this Arizona hooper (Eugene Edgerson, I think) found these in the equipment room at AZ and since he was kind of an old-school hooper he rocked 'em even though they were originals

Remember hearing that this Arizona hooper (Eugene Edgerson, I think) found these in the equipment room at AZ and since he was kind of an old-school hooper he rocked 'em even though they were originals

If that’s the case it’s insane!!! Lol he’s not going for a stroll in them my man is playing D1 college basketball 12-13 years after they released which defies logic lol 😂

Yeah, I remember hearing the story on a live broadcast during the NCAA tournament. He was that "Semi Pro" type of guy, rockin the headband, knee pads, and elbow pads...and super old AF3s!

Attachments

• downloadfile-2.jpg
    downloadfile-2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 89
  • downloadfile-1.jpg
    downloadfile-1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 162
  • downloadfile.jpg
    downloadfile.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 312
^ Found the further info of this shoe on arizonawildcats.com. On Eugene Edgerson’s Junior Year description, it says…, “(he) also wore a pair of old Nikes that were originally ordered for Arizona's Jud Buechler back in the late 80s... Buechler never picked up the shoes and Edgerson came across them in the UA equipment room...”

Last edited:
^ Found the further info of this shoe on arizonawildcats.com. It says…, “Also wore a pair of old Nikes that were originally ordered for Arizona's Jud Buechler back in the late 80s... Buechler never picked up the shoes and Edgerson came across them in the UA equipment room...”
yooooooooooooo, he played an entire season in MULTIPLE OG’s!!!!!! Insanity!!

Last edited:
^ Yeah, somebody should make the document of this guy’s junior year especially if he was playing w/ old school kicks for the entire season since Sole Collector’s Page titled “The best sneakers worn by the Arizona Wildcats” lists only those 2.
https://solecollector.com/news/2014/04/march-madness-the-best-sneakers-worn-by-the-arizona-wildcats/

Yes! He was also a freshman on the 97 championship team with Mike Bibby and Miles Simon. Another Arizona squad with massive amounts of heat :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom