Official Nike Air Griffey Max 1 Thread

Are these pairs from the last drop (2011) ?   Or is this a retro again ?   I haven't heard any news this year about AM Griffey 1's retro'ing.  Especially this "emerald"  /   "freshwater"  colorway

http://www.kicksusa.com/nike/air-griffey-max-1-fresh-water-black-white-354912-300.html

Red outline Swoosh on back as the OG had and different insole. As bigj said, not leftover stock. This is a new release. Nike taking full advantage of the HOF, I'm sure.

I'm not sure they are taking advantage of the hof. I mean, Nike never stopped producing the Griffey 1. We've been getting retro+ colors for years now so they just decided to bless us with a more og color finally :lol:

And if you think about it... it's been 21 years since the OG... 
mean.gif

And if you think about it... it's been 21 years since the OG... :smh:  

I remember when they were out.
I was in Cali visiting my grandma. She gave me a jug of pennies and told me if I rolled them up I could have all of them.
Ended up being $100+ and I was choosing between the griffs and some reebok classics...

You already know why this is now a sad story for me :lol:

mean.gif
 at 21 years since the OGs.  Still have all 3 of my OG pairs.  I'll never forget finding the volt pair at Monroeville Mall near Pittsburgh for like 99 bucks.  I didnt even know the color existed, i had never seen it in eastbay at that point.   

I'm not sure they are taking advantage of the hof. I mean, Nike never stopped producing the Griffey 1. We've been getting retro+ colors for years now so they just decided to bless us with a more og color finally :lol:

Come July I have a feeling it'll all make sense. [emoji]128516[/emoji]

if they make these into some molded cleats like they did for the jordan 4, 7 and 12 i would be so happy

Another difference of the new emeralds is the 24 on the insole. I don't believe the first retros had that
nerd.gif
I have the 2011 "Emerald" release and it has Nike Air on the insole.   So i guess these are a new retro with the "24" inside. .  Question I have is, how come I haven't heard on ANY sneaker blogs (within the last year) these were coming back out in 2016.   And also why was Kicks USA the only Nike retailer to drop these yesterday ?   Unless these were one of those silent releases.  Not talked about at all, didn't leak out.   Just retailers got shipments from Nike and said...here you go,  drop these

Another difference of the new emeralds is the 24 on the insole. I don't believe the first retros had that :nerd:

View media item 1965874

I have the 2011 "Emerald" release and it has Nike Air on the insole.   So i guess these are a new retro with the "24" inside. .  Question I have is, how come I haven't heard on ANY sneaker blogs (within the last year) these were coming back out in 2016.   And also why was Kicks USA the only Nike retailer to drop these yesterday ?   Unless these were one of those silent releases.  Not talked about at all, didn't leak out.   Just retailers got shipments from Nike and said...here you go,  drop these

bruh... griffey 1s aren't "hot" no more. blogs don't really give low level retros any play and nike has been doing stuff like this for a lot of retros lately including barkleys and pippens.
kicksusa won't be the only retailer with these. just give it time.

Come July I have a feeling it'll all make sense. [emoji]128516[/emoji]

yea I'm sure he's gonna get a HoF shoe just like he got that black/silver color. nike hasn't even started promoting a hof campaign for the kid :smh:

bruh... griffey 1s aren't "hot" no more. blogs don't really give low level retros any play and nike has been doing stuff like this for a lot of retros lately including barkleys and pippens.
Never said Griffey 1's were hot.   Just thought I would of seen or heard something about this color re-retro'ing this year.   Barkley's / Pippens we knew were coming back out in 2016 (images / news broke back in 2015) so why not these. 

yea I'm sure he's gonna get a HoF shoe just like he got that black/silver color. nike hasn't even started promoting a hof campaign for the kid
mean.gif
All they've done so far are tees, they are great if people are old enough remember the originals:

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/griffey-in-16-mariners-t-shirt/pid-11181020/pgid-11230455

There was also a white one with red white and blue that was team agnostic, but that appears to have sold out on NDC at least.

There's also this one, which is on sale along with the ones i posted above from NDC:

http://www.fanatics.com/MLB_Seattle...eattle_Mariners_Nike_InductKid_T-Shirt_-_Navy

Last edited:

Never said Griffey 1's were hot.   Just thought I would of seen or heard something about this color re-retro'ing this year.   Barkley's / Pippens we knew were coming back out in 2016 (images / news broke back in 2015) so why not these. 

you don't get what I'm saying but thats cool. have fun making more theories.

yea I'm sure he's gonna get a HoF shoe just like he got that black/silver color. nike hasn't even started promoting a hof campaign for the kid :smh:
All they've done so far are tees, they are great if people are old enough remember the originals:

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/griffey-in-16-mariners-t-shirt/pid-11181020/pgid-11230455

There was also a white one with red white and blue that was team agnostic, but that appears to have sold out on NDC at least.

There's also this one, which is on sale along with the ones i posted above from NDC:

http://www.fanatics.com/MLB_Seattle...eattle_Mariners_Nike_InductKid_T-Shirt_-_Navy

nice. thanks for this info. i hadn't seen it before.

After this drop the blogs will pick up on it, they only want the hot kicks on their pages.. Or the kicks they are silently  getting paid to hype up.. Its a reason the blogs cover Agassi ATC drops and not Griffey drops

After this drop the blogs will pick up on it, they only want the hot kicks on their pages.. Or the kicks they are silently  getting paid to hype up.. Its a reason the blogs cover Agassi ATC drops and not Griffey drops
I thought blogs only picked up on the ATC drops because they stole the yeezy 2 sole? 
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom