Official Nike Air Griffey Max 1 Thread

Feel lucky to get some, but damn Nike make some more damn pairs for people.. like previous post, so many more people are into sneakers nowadays. Got people out here going crazy stabbing mofos over these ****s.

I see I'ma have to start checking in stores before RD for the volts. I know a couple people that got the freshwaters a few weeks ago.

Red, which is why the 2016 was a cool retro and a little detail i liked.
I agree, the red looks better. I didn’t go for the 2021 retro, glad I didn’t. Would rather have 2016, if a pair can be found for a reasonable price, smh.

13392188-1D1E-407D-9E66-80BA09202C7C.png
Looking at this pic looks like he wore pairs with a green and a red outline. Can’t recall how they released originally, but I like the red outline a bit more. Dope either way.

Resellers are just part of the problem man. Resellers, in addition to authentication sites like stock x and goat and link affiliates have blame in this too.

Link affiliates take a profit, not directly out of your pocket, but it makes sure every little release is gobbled up.

Goat being in bed with foot locker shows that they don't care one bit, because they profit off of it all.

Some resellers are so silly that they cop a release, sell it, and give stock x a bigger cut off the profit than they get.

At the same time, those transactions which are 40-100 bucks or more "hollow" drives up the market value.

While giving you no sources for any data they collect. It's a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

I'd never sell a kick and give stock x 40 while I take 20' smh

And to add, all Nike has to do is make more pairs. But they don't care. They'd rather have us kill each other over a few pairs and get the free publicity, than make most of us happy and take home more profit.

And I'm not saying they should meet or exceed demand...so, stop it. Just make more.

Last edited:
I haven't really been paying attention to sneakers for about a year. Coming back to see what the game has transformed into is kind of jarring. Griffeys are flying off the shelves? I remember when Griffeys were destined for discount.

Years ago, most of the retros from the 90s were pretty easy to cop, now you have people buying up everything trying to make a quick buck which is now part of the game. I mean, everything is gobbled up on the same day within hours lol
Resellers are just part of the problem man. Resellers, in addition to authentication sites like stock x and goat and link affiliates have blame in this too.

Link affiliates take a profit, not directly out of your pocket, but it makes sure every little release is gobbled up.

Goat being in bed with foot locker shows that they don't care one bit, because they profit off of it all.

Some resellers are so silly that they cop a release, sell it, and give stock x a bigger cut off the profit than they get.

At the same time, those transactions which are 40-100 bucks or more "hollow" drives up the market value.

While giving you no sources for any data they collect. It's a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

And to add, all Nike has to do is make more pairs. But they don't care. They'd rather have us kill each other over a few pairs and get the free publicity, than make most of us happy and take home more profit.

And I'm not saying they should meet or exceed demand...so, stop it. Just make more.

I wish they would make more too, I like a lot of us here are just fans of sneakers, not resellers or fake enthusiasts trying to make $40. But all this hype created by us ensures everything they release will sell out for a long long time. Very smart "marketing." Sadly we will still be in the game.

If they make more pairs, that’s just more product for resellers and bots to beat team manual to

I seriously need to learn the ins and the outs of how a bot works and the cost... at least so me and my friends can get our pairs instead of taking L after L

Facts.

I wonder why bodega deleted their ig post about these:emoji_thinking:

It cant be cause they sold out cause there's posts still there from other shoes that have sold out

I'm just nervous about my order lol

Was broke so couldn’t cop yesterday. Now I wait for a restock...Smfh. Didn’t even think people knew much about these. Atleast not all these young mofos.

If they make more pairs, that’s just more product for resellers and bots to beat team manual to

I seriously need to learn the ins and the outs of how a bot works and the cost... at least so me and my friends can get our pairs instead of taking L after L
Resellers and bots profits would be next to nothing if nike came closer to being demand initially

Most of them are operating and breaking even now.

You still have a shot at the holiday 11s because nike/jb puts or so many pairs that supply almost meets demand.

Same concept should be applied especially for releases like this.

paying resale is ALWAYS the problem. If you cant move to the next shoe then you are the problem. Nike resells materials made into shoes, scalpers buy retail product and charge more but in the end Nike and Scalpers wouldnt be a thing without thirsty consumers.

Resellers and bots profits would be next to nothing if nike came closer to being demand initially

Most of them are operating and breaking even now.

You still have a shot at the holiday 11s because nike/jb puts or so many pairs that supply almost meets demand.

Same concept should be applied especially for releases like this.

And then Nike has the nerve to continue their futile lawsuit efforts in stopping oversea fake distributors. I'm all for it but the only reason that market even exists is because of supply not meeting demand.

You'd think more supply would mitigate fakes and the secondary market. I guess it's more complex than that.

And then Nike has the nerve to continue their futile lawsuit efforts in stopping oversea fake distributors. I'm all for it but the only reason that market even exists is because of supply not meeting demand.

You'd think more supply would mitigate fakes and the secondary market. I guess it's more complex than that.

Nike likes hype and sell outs. They can meet the demand for any product they sell, they just choose not to.

The last few times these retro'd they sat and could've been had on disco. Nike doesn't like that so they under produce said shoe. Will this help them sell more retro+ Griffeys down the line? Idk I only want the Freshwaters for the closet.

Back
Top Bottom