Official Nike Air Griffey Max 1 Thread

Im liking these much better in person. Whatever they did on the these are is far superior than whatever they did with the Varsity Royals. The feel/material is better, the fit is definitely much better and true. VRs were HUGE in a 13, these 13s are just slightly longer than a 12.5

20210626_012929.jpg
20210626_012942.jpg
20210626_013013.jpg
20210626_013002.jpg
20210626_013031.jpg
20210626_013916.jpg

Last edited:
Super sitting. Last Friday, bought a size 10 on footlocker, just to see how TTS would work, as my Freshwaters are a half size up. Definitely a no go. Was able to grab a 10.5 yesterday from NDC with ease :pimp:

I don't know if I'm I'm exaggerating or not but Ken Griffey Jr was like the MJ of baseball for a stretch. Growing up in the 90's it was a lot of black kids that had no interest in baseball but we knew who Ken Griffey Jr was. Him having a sneaker line that was fire just made him bigger than baseball.
I stayed up to watch the Mariners whenever they was on TV just for him.

I don't know if I'm I'm exaggerating or not but Ken Griffey Jr was like the MJ of baseball for a stretch. Growing up in the 90's it was a lot of black kids that had no interest in baseball but we knew who Ken Griffey Jr was. Him having a sneaker line that was fire just made him bigger than baseball.

Kid was anointed the one who was supposed to break Ruth’s record. He was most definitely the MJ of baseball during the 90s.

Last edited:
Not exaggerating at all. Ken Griffey Jr is/was the most popular baseball player of all time and was definitely the most marketable. I think it's hard to even debate anyone over him.

Jr coming home and joining my hometown Reds will always be my favorite sports memory.

Not at all. Born and raised in SF so the Giants are my team but Griffey is my favorite player of all-time. I used to dream of having him on the Giants with Bonds. Unlike my father's and grandfather's generation baseball was just not popular among black kids in my city but most knew who Griffey was and wanted to wear his shoes.

Not exaggerating at all. Ken Griffey Jr is/was the most popular baseball player of all time and was definitely the most marketable. I think it's hard to even debate anyone over him.

Jr coming home and joining my hometown Reds will always be my favorite sports memory.

Reds fan here too! I saw they won yesterday(Saturday) what are you thinking of the team this year?

Wish frank thomas messed with Nike .. Reebok did him wrong lol

I was forced to watch him and tiger in the 90s lol. I was trying to watch cartoons 🤣🤣🤣

Frank remains at odds with Reebok for sure...OG Big Hurts were amazing though. Great memories of those too.
He was with Nike at the end of his playing career….I saw him in a Nike tee in those, “and she will notice it too” commercials
But in the newest one, he is wearing a Reebok golf shirt…

not an exaggeration at all - he was the MJ of baseball

Born and raised just outside of Atlanta and every single one of us black or white wanted to be Griffey. Imitated the swing the walk after the bomb wanted #24 (ya boy had that one on lock) etc

Back
Top Bottom