Official Nike Air Griffey Max 1 Thread

I'm in the exact same boat. I even had them in my cart and all i had to do was click lol. Crazy how becoming an adult gives you restraint lol. Probably better for it for not pulling the trigger.
Exactly! And these need to be worn with athletic shorts, and as casual as my office is I can't pull that off at my job lol. Maybe I'll grab a lightly used pair down the road, or if I can get em on sale for like $100 someday.

Glad I have good neighbors. I went outside to take my kid to her game this morning and they brought me my package. I'm gonna make FedEx look for it for awhile before telling them I have it. This is probably the 10th time this has happened this year.

Not an Ms hat but here’s some comparison pics. I think the Nike Griffey hat might be close to the Ms colors

C58ADFB8-05CF-4053-BA46-8C85318D1B6A.jpeg
8C2E3DA1-49A0-46F6-B500-50F136913D2F.jpeg
Trying black laces again, but this time on actual pics of the kicks. 🤔
C58ADFB8-05CF-4053-BA46-8C85318D1B6A.jpg

I’ll share my dilemma. I think the AGM1s have been nice on my feet. I can wear them to work with jeans. They don’t kill my feet at all.

I’m a Reds fan and the team is terrible this year. (3-22). Though I do wish they would release the Reds pair, I like the aqua pair quite a bit.

Two of the Reds went to the Mariners at the beginning of the year. In some ways I want to just follow the Mariners and buy this aqua pair. I already have 2 each of the emerald pairs.

:rofl:

I realize Winker isn’t hitting well. He usually starts slow as do the rest of the Reds. Suarez was in a slump last year but overall has ups and downs. Hey the Reds won today! One more game to go today.

Just got my pair in from Champs. I have to say, these look way better in person. Now It makes me more mad, I never had a shot at the Freshwaters.

I just think nike missed with this. The color is terrible in my opinion. Just a random aqua color. Not a mariner color. Nothing. Like why. I love Griffey; love the Griffey line, but I think this is a terrible miss and BS release.

I have no issue with it. There are plenty of shoes that aren't true to team colors. That's what make shoes unique. When I first saw these, I knew they were no where near close to the Mariners color. Some of your highest resell shoes aren't even team colors. So, I'm for it. I'm a Griffey fan, love the color combo so I picked them up. And for $136, definitely a win!

I have no issue with it. There are plenty of shoes that aren't true to team colors. That's what make shoes unique. When I first saw these, I knew they were no where near close to the Mariners color. Some of your highest resell shoes aren't even team colors. So, I'm for it. I'm a Griffey fan, love the color combo so I picked them up. And for $136, definitely a win!
Facts. I agree with you. And I’m glad all those who seem to want them got them and at discount ! I personally just think it’s a color miss. As you said, many shoes aren’t team colors but this just reminds me of a rushed miss of the mark. Coulda dropped the Cincy colorway, and I wouldn’t mind a black/gray/white Sox color way. Also same could be said for the weird sweetest swings they dropped. They were a wild release but I bought them cause I wanted the whole set and love Griffey. But I’m glad people ate on these.

Facts. I agree with you. And I’m glad all those who seem to want them got them and at discount ! I personally just think it’s a color miss. As you said, many shoes aren’t team colors but this just reminds me of a rushed miss of the mark. Coulda dropped the Cincy colorway, and I wouldn’t mind a black/gray/white Sox color way. Also same could be said for the weird sweetest swings they dropped. They were a wild release but I bought them cause I wanted the whole set and love Griffey. But I’m glad people ate on these.

Still waiting on those Cincy's! I'm done with the Griffey's after that if those ever drop

I’ll share my dilemma. I think the AGM1s have been nice on my feet. I can wear them to work with jeans. They don’t kill my feet at all.

I’m a Reds fan and the team is terrible this year. (3-22). Though I do wish they would release the Reds pair, I like the aqua pair quite a bit.

Two of the Reds went to the Mariners at the beginning of the year. In some ways I want to just follow the Mariners and buy this aqua pair. I already have 2 each of the emerald pairs.

:rofl:
M’s are a lot of our second teams haha! Slide through the M’s thread, a lot of good folks in there.

Reactions: ARK
Check your local Foot Locker stores for the Aquamarine because I saw them at a mall location I went to yesterday. I want to assume that means all or at least most stores will have them in now.

Aquamarine were at the footlocker in tacoma mall yesterday too. Happy to cop at a discount.

The Aquamarine came in for me today in the early afternoon. I ordered them from Champs using a 20% off discount code last Thursday morning, and they arrived today.
IMG_6205.JPG
IMG_6206.JPG
IMG_6207.JPG
IMG_6208.JPG
IMG_6209.JPG
IMG_6210.JPG

The crazy thing is this is the first time I ever got a pair of Air Griffey Max 1 in my life.

Since I have some authentic Mariners jerseys already, not Ken Griffey Jr., but Felix Hernandez to be specific, so I thought these would go right with them. Perhaps I'll try to get some Griffey jerseys in the throwback version if the price is favorable for me.

It's interesting that they made these with a faded emerald look as opposed to going with the darker emerald that's part of the Mariners' motif. It's like they put bleach on the emerald and these were the result.

The Aquamarine came in for me today in the early afternoon. I ordered them from Champs using a 20% off discount code last Thursday morning, and they arrived today.
IMG_6205.JPG
IMG_6206.JPG
IMG_6207.JPG
IMG_6208.JPG
IMG_6209.JPG
IMG_6210.JPG

The crazy thing is this is the first time I ever got a pair of Air Griffey Max 1 in my life.

Since I have some authentic Mariners jerseys already, not Ken Griffey Jr., but Felix Hernandez to be specific, so I thought these would go right with them. Perhaps I'll try to get some Griffey jerseys in the throwback version if the price is favorable for me.

It's interesting that they made these with a faded emerald look as opposed to going with the darker emerald that's part of the Mariners' motif. It's like they put bleach on the emerald and these were the result.

Being your first pair how are they

Back
Top Bottom