OFFICIAL NIKE AIR MAG THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by carlosmex76

Seems like this dude had a real pair since May 2011, check them against the ones in the Mcfly's closet video, I think this guy has the final product, the only thing that seems off is the gum sole.

These are not a production pair. This guy made his own, and clearly states that in his videos and comments. Even offers to make pairs for other people. Lots of people have done similarly, and this is nothing new. If you were an actual fan of the movies and this shoe, you would have known about this long ago......

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Posting due to hype.
Yep, I am posting due to hype too.
Exactly 
grin.gif

And all these kinda kids will be why the majority of us who have been waiting for these since the movies came out will be left like this

maf7f9.jpg

Seems like this dude had a real pair since May 2011, check them against the ones in the Mcfly's closet video, I think this guy has the final product, the only thing that seems off is the gum sole.

These are not a production pair. This guy made his own, and clearly states that in his videos and comments. Even offers to make pairs for other people. Lots of people have done similarly, and this is nothing new. If you were an actual fan of the movies and this shoe, you would have known about this long ago......

Posting due to hype.
Exactly 
grin.gif

And all these kinda kids will be why the majority of us who have been waiting for these since the movies came out will be left like this

maf7f9.jpg

Originally Posted by mr2cool80

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Am I missing something or does hype actually exist for this?  This is beyond gimmicky to me.  I mean if these were put out by Reebok, Adidas, or anyone other than Nike, would anyone care?

As someone pointed out in the Retro forum, this potential release far expands beyond just "sneakerheads" and shoe enthusiast though. Tech Savvy blog and web sites that have little to no interest in the sneaker culture have already gotten wind of these shoes. Which means it will cross over all dynamics of people and trends and ultimately may became one of the greatest releases in history. I'm not a hype machine nor do I endorse creating such ... but it is what it is. Undoubtedly this will be the greatest release of my lifetime and as an 80's baby I can fully understand why there will be an insurmountable global hype for this shoe.     
This...
Regardless of the price-tag, these have deep nostalgic value for an assortment of collectors. If I can obtain a pair of these, fronting the money or a little more than retail won't be a problem. I'm not even a "true" sneakerhead like some of you, but I've waited a long time for these as I'm also an 80s baby and that this is one of my all-time favorite series/trilogies...

Example: (Simp Mode: ON) I had to scour MAC stores across the land to find my gf this Wonder Woman Collection makeup set. I was able to get one, but when I tried to secure another set a week later, the ladies there explained that a wave of fanboys and "nerdy"-types bought almost everything...

Am I missing something or does hype actually exist for this?  This is beyond gimmicky to me.  I mean if these were put out by Reebok, Adidas, or anyone other than Nike, would anyone care?

As someone pointed out in the Retro forum, this potential release far expands beyond just "sneakerheads" and shoe enthusiast though. Tech Savvy blog and web sites that have little to no interest in the sneaker culture have already gotten wind of these shoes. Which means it will cross over all dynamics of people and trends and ultimately may became one of the greatest releases in history. I'm not a hype machine nor do I endorse creating such ... but it is what it is. Undoubtedly this will be the greatest release of my lifetime and as an 80's baby I can fully understand why there will be an insurmountable global hype for this shoe.     
This...
Regardless of the price-tag, these have deep nostalgic value for an assortment of collectors. If I can obtain a pair of these, fronting the money or a little more than retail won't be a problem. I'm not even a "true" sneakerhead like some of you, but I've waited a long time for these as I'm also an 80s baby and that this is one of my all-time favorite series/trilogies...

Example: (Simp Mode: ON) I had to scour MAC stores across the land to find my gf this Wonder Woman Collection makeup set. I was able to get one, but when I tried to secure another set a week later, the ladies there explained that a wave of fanboys and "nerdy"-types bought almost everything...

Originally Posted by larrivee7

Posting due to hype.
Exactly�
grin.gif

mad.gif

maf7f9.jpg

I hear ya, I am over 30 I am going to leave it like that! I went to see the BTTF movies to the theater... big difference

Regarding the shoe, I just posted it as a reference, never stated that it was the final product, "I think" he has final product. But again I might be wrong, those videos are new to me since I never thought those shoes were going to see the light ever! I didn't know he did his own reproductions, I think they are good replicas then!

Originally Posted by larrivee7

Posting due to hype.
Exactly�
grin.gif

mad.gif

maf7f9.jpg

I hear ya, I am over 30 I am going to leave it like that! I went to see the BTTF movies to the theater... big difference

Regarding the shoe, I just posted it as a reference, never stated that it was the final product, "I think" he has final product. But again I might be wrong, those videos are new to me since I never thought those shoes were going to see the light ever! I didn't know he did his own reproductions, I think they are good replicas then!

Via KATC
Just got some inside info on the release of the Nike Air Mag, and while I won't give everything away, here are a couple of tidbits. The Nike Air Mag is looking like it will be an eBay exclusive that will go to benefit the Michael J. Fox Foundation. Michael J. Fox himself will be on the David Letterman show tonight to provide more details so be sure to tune in for all the details.
Looks like it will be a charity event.

Via KATC
Just got some inside info on the release of the Nike Air Mag, and while I won't give everything away, here are a couple of tidbits. The Nike Air Mag is looking like it will be an eBay exclusive that will go to benefit the Michael J. Fox Foundation. Michael J. Fox himself will be on the David Letterman show tonight to provide more details so be sure to tune in for all the details.

Originally Posted by sniper

This...

A perfect and obviously very real analogy which will be the microcosm of this release. Well said Sniper ... 

Maze from kix and the city stated that the shoe will be auctioned on ebay for a benefit for the michael j. fox foundation. if thats the case i know i won't have enough money to get them. Those ebay prices will skyrocket immediately. smh

Maze from kix and the city stated that the shoe will be auctioned on ebay for a benefit for the michael j. fox foundation. if thats the case i know i won't have enough money to get them. Those ebay prices will skyrocket immediately. smh

Originally Posted by sniper

This...

A perfect and obviously very real analogy which will be the microcosm of this release. Well said Sniper ... 

Originally Posted by metallic

Via KATC
Good for the Foundation, if this is true then we all are F...
mad.gif

Via KATC
mad.gif

Via KATC
mad.gif
like the idea to help out the foundation. but exactly what i was saying
ohwell.gif

cant nike just release these and the money they make goes to the foundation?

Via KATC
mad.gif
like the idea to help out the foundation. but exactly what i was saying
ohwell.gif

cant nike just release these and the money they make goes to the foundation?

Via KATC

mad.gif

I hope this isn't true. It makes sense, but we could see pairs going for well over a $1000, only to later see a BIN for the same pair at $5000. This could get ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom