OFFICIAL: NIKE AIR MAX LEBRON VII & PS (Post Season) CONGRATS TO LBJ AS 2010 MVP! AM7, PS, Low MVP!

I never got the fascination of the Lebron line to keep certain colorways just as Player Exclusives.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a signature shoe? I haven't seen Jordan,Kobe,Penny or Barkley wear many shoes that you couldn't get your hands on.

Maybe the MVPs will come out as a PS.

*sigh*

37526875703bfa89c3a9c5b4bd28753b13aa5933.jpg

3c3367a8536739f9a13fc92e9599ba57cbac5c12.jpg

5b2368ee553f357fa06ec9099fdab06d482aa80c.jpg

Stop pulling the tab like you're trying to strangle a burglar. lol That sucks though. Next time just loosen the laces to get your foot in there.

Wore em last night to watch the ufc ppv. wgen i put them on they werent like that.
And i dont pull on the tab to pull em on.
Im guessing maybe they got caught on something and i didnt notice
ohwell.gif

dang i missed alot in just 1 day..

just to note, even though some people may not like it, Nike does log on to Niketalk and reads its comments/thoughts

and lets not forget where did Jason petrie come from, not saying they gonna read it, but it does get notice..

so all this "whining" you guys say we do it may work.. its just like the lottery you gotta be in it to win it. if you guys dont like it, well oh well...

all you can do is hope for the best. thats all..

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

hotbutter youre obviously new to the lebron game because this happens every year.

I blame the whole retro trend. IMO, releasing PEs to the general public can have an effect on the sneaker community. Although they will see an immediate income, they first have to build a culture (or legacy) with the shoe. if they were to release a bunch of colorways off the bat, it only makes it that much easier to forget. That is where retroing comes in. Once that shoe builds up its credit in the sneaker/basketball culture, its re-released with "new" colorways. This is how i see Nike having longevity with the LBJ brand. Look at JB... hes still profiting off shoes made almost 2 decades ago due to retroing.

I hate it too, trust me... id love to have those cavfanatics, but theres a reason to holding out... weather we disagree or agree with it.

bigtimefool you're obviously dumb.

All the sought after JB retros are retros of ORIGINAL COLORWAYS. That, along with what the GOAT did is what ESTABLISHED the JB line and THEN they milked it for retros.

You don't start a sig line and hope to make it what it is based off retros down the line bro.

Originally Posted by hotbutter

Originally Posted by inchecksince81

SMH at people saying they wont buy ANY of the Lebron line anymore, just because a couple of colorways they wanted didnt get released. Lol.
Really that serious huh?!
ohwell.gif
i can understnad holding back one, two, three, four, or even 5 hot colorways, but throw us a bone at least.  ppl have been Fiending for HWCs, SVSMs, CAVfanatics for almost half a year and we get nothing.
a little appreciation, or at least an effort to show appreciation would be APPRECIATED, lol.

its not about the unreleased c.w's. its more of a principle.  why keep supporting something if you know its well documented in their history to disappoint their LOYAL consumer base? 

"its a business"
-i dont get the business part of it...... lebron line has always had a difficult time crossing over to the mass mainstream so wouldnt it be the common sense, smart move to take adavantage of the cross over appeal of the VII??
-- patent leather, 360 air max bubble--  always been a fan favorite, sneakerhead or not. 
--- you would think nike would use the VII as a springboard to esstablish a wider consumer base, and to build the overall excitement for the line.  they should have capitalized by KILLING all the colorways, getting mass public attention, and building excitement and anticipation, like jordan brand did with the XI, for every years new sig release.... thats what i wouldve done if i were in charge.  
grin.gif

instead?? nike has left majority of its die-hard sneaker fans--- alienated, disappointed, and disgust. 
good job nike.

i know its on a whole nother level, but MLK essentially did the same, voice his opinion in effort to create change. 
some call it whining, some call it protest. 

promise im done with the "whining" , just had to get it all off my chest.
tired.gif

You gotta understand, Nike is a multi billion dollar company, they could release all them colorways and make a bunch of small money from them. Besides most of us lebron heads on shoe forums, the general parent or teenager or watever is not going to go to footlocker and see a bright orange or blue colorway and cop it. So chances are most of them unreleased colorways would be hoh exclusives which would have people crying to.

The head of Nike nor the guy who chooses what releases is worried about coming to niketalk.com to look in a lebron thread and see people crying about colors releasing. Ever since the 80s nike has had samples that never release to general public but they put them in the hands of a few select people and it brings some hype and attention to the brand. I have 12 or 13 colorways and I am one of the people who would grab almost all the unreleased colorways but if nike dont release them then so be it, Saves me a g or so.

At the end of the day they are sneakers with a different color on them. NOt that serious, lebrons line has been the same since azg, there are over 5 colorways of each model that never released but they produce them for certain people and pics hit the internet and people go crazy over them which puts a positive buzz around the brand that they have some insane colorways released or not.

Stop whining.

and another thing, there are about 15 colorways of this shoe already, How many colorways do most sig shoes get? They already whored and oversaturated the market with these. Im not complaining, just making a point.

IF they release the other 10 or so unreleased colorways you have about 25 colors for 1 shoe. Is it that necessary?

Originally Posted by lilpennymagicfan

and another thing, there are about 15 colorways of this shoe already, How many colorways do most sig shoes get? They already whored and oversaturated the market with these. Im not complaining, just making a point.

IF they release the other 10 or so unreleased colorways you have about 25 colors for 1 shoe. Is it that necessary?

have you seen the kobe line the past 2 years?

it reminds me of the 4, where 90% of the good CWs were unreleased.

if you still want those unreleased versions of the AML7 go find em....i personally held off on quite a few of the GR cws just cause i wasnt feelin em, but i still ended up with 8 really nice kicks, so im not sweating the nonrelease of the better cws. still happy to rock dunkmans/RCs/akrons and if i can find a pair, the ASGs. its all good bring on the AML8.

any thoughts on if there'll be an Oly cw this summer?

I was hoping to pick up a mvp pair but ohh well...on to the VIII's

Im a grown as$ man and I cant see myself complaining about what sneakers I wish Nike wouldve released. I do like alot of the unreleased colorways, but obtaining cavfanatics or the HWC is pretty low on my priority list. At the end of the day sneaker collecting is a HOBBY. I refused to get stressed and bent out of shape over a hobby whose sole purpose (no pun intended) is to reduce stress/have fun when I find some spare time.

A few quick things for me.  I agree with most of the recent posts on this thread.  Although it would be nice to have "every colorway" we wanted, it just isn't going to happen, and there is no point in getting bent about it.  IMO, the top 3 released are
1. Akron 2. Dunkman 3. RC.  I wish I had gotten the 1st colorway, but chances are I will still find it.  I would love to see the CavFanatic colorway release, but can live without.  I have gotten over the HWC colorways, as they seem to be long gone.   I certainly don't get why the "grey" pack with colors released over either or both of the HWCs.  Maybe in another life I will find out.

All that being said, 5 years from now, I believe the Akron and Dunkman colorways will be seen as very distinct and special to this numbered Lebron, and we will be glad we got not one, but both of them.  I feel similarly about my ASG and Birthday 4s today and its only about 3-4 years later.  Shoes are a hobby, a source of fun and pleasure, and way to express oneself.  Anyone who is in this primarily or strictly for the money should reconsider.

Originally Posted by DrewDioxin

Originally Posted by lilpennymagicfan

have you seen the kobe line the past 2 years?
LOL.... and the VI's last year

Originally Posted by vkhoj

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

hotbutter youre obviously new to the lebron game because this happens every year.

I blame the whole retro trend. IMO, releasing PEs to the general public can have an effect on the sneaker community. Although they will see an immediate income, they first have to build a culture (or legacy) with the shoe. if they were to release a bunch of colorways off the bat, it only makes it that much easier to forget. That is where retroing comes in. Once that shoe builds up its credit in the sneaker/basketball culture, its re-released with "new" colorways. This is how i see Nike having longevity with the LBJ brand. Look at JB... hes still profiting off shoes made almost 2 decades ago due to retroing.

I hate it too, trust me... id love to have those cavfanatics, but theres a reason to holding out... weather we disagree or agree with it.

bigtimefool you're obviously dumb.

All the sought after JB retros are retros of ORIGINAL COLORWAYS. That, along with what the GOAT did is what ESTABLISHED the JB line and THEN they milked it for retros.

You don't start a sig line and hope to make it what it is based off retros down the line bro.
laugh.gif
at the lame preschool name calling.

so youre telling me they dont care about longevity of a line? and what JB is doing with retros arent in their minds with the kobe and lebron line?

get outta here if you dont think retroing changed the sneaker game. Nikes retroing everything and you act like its a coincidence.

I love all 7 pairs of my vi's. More than I can say for the ball they dropped with the vii. I have 3 of these now counting the 2 PS that are worth a damn.

Originally Posted by silverswoosh

I had a dream I had the orange HWCs and someone jacked me for 'em @ gunpoint.
frown.gif
lol you silly.. hahah

and you guys that say VI's > VII's are ehhhhh.. but thats yall opinion.

everyone gets to say thiers..

Back
Top Bottom