Official Nike Air Max Penny 1 Updated - 2022 Retro Coming!

After two weeks since the orginal delivery date, and my package not being unable to be tracked once it got to Vegas, I got a notice that my third pair from GBNY was delivered to the parcel locker at my apartment complex.

I don't even know what to say, or what the hell I will find in the locker.
I picked up the shoes and the box was beat to ****. And it looked like it was cut open and retaped.

Thankfully the shoebox was fine, and so were the shoes.

I don't even know what to say. I guess someone at the warehouse were planning to heist them and then decided against it.

:smh: :lol:

I picked up the shoes and the box was beat to ****. And it looked like it was cut open and retaped.

I don't even know what to say. I guess someone at the warehouse were planning to heist them and then decided against it.

Then you question why I say report them as stolen?

WE'RE AT WAR RUSTY.

the og did have heel slippage tho

but the cushioning was so damn nice especially after broken in

As usual, the side by side really shows the changes compared to the OG. Whole shoe is slimmed down and lower. Some of that looks to me (best I can tell from the video) like it's a result of the smaller air unit. The smaller air bag leads to a different size and different proportions of the rear foam midsole piece, which then requires the upper to be scaled differently to make it all align and look right when put together.
Still waiting on my pair from Shoe Palace, but they look good overall. Good shape, seems like. I don't get why they changed the rear logo stitching from silver to white, and why they can't have the white "cut lines" and 3M. Typical Nike changes for no obviously good reason. Especially the wrong color embroidery on the logo. Oh well.

Just happy you got your pair and the box and sneakers were unharmed.

Had a similar thing happen to me. Got the Seattle Jordan 10s off poshmark a few years back. Heard the post man place the box on the porch. Opened the door and the packaging looked like it was on the business end of this classic scene.....
0Np2WO.gif

zwP143.gif

😂....the box was trashed. I took pics and video as I retrieved the package from my porch just in case the shoes were damagard and I needed evidence to open a case. the shoes were fine though. I went to use them in a trade pack for something else. The Seattle 10s didn't work for the trade trade but the guy mentioned he might have copped if the box wasn't demolished. 💡 🤔......went back to USPS and opened a claim asking for $70 which was the average spread of Seattle 10s with vs without the OG box at the time on GOAT and eBay. Explained to them I lost that value of I were to sell. Had the check less than a week later.

As usual, the side by side really shows the changes compared to the OG. Whole shoe is slimmed down and lower. Some of that looks to me (best I can tell from the video) like it's a result of the smaller air unit. The smaller air bag leads to a different size and different proportions of the rear foam midsole piece, which then requires the upper to be scaled differently to make it all align and look right when put together.
Still waiting on my pair from Shoe Palace, but they look good overall. Good shape, seems like. I don't get why they changed the rear logo stitching from silver to white, and why they can't have the white "cut lines" and 3M. Typical Nike changes for no obviously good reason. Especially the wrong color embroidery on the logo. Oh well.
I feel you. I have no way of verifying this but having been involved in some light manufacturing projects, you have a pass/fail percentage and as long as margins are in tact and you are 80% of where you want to be, things will go to production as long as there are. I safety concerns or materials quality issues.

I think Nike drafts up specs, looks at the cost to produce vs. what they'll wholesale them for and they get as close as they can without stepping on the margins they want. Once they get close enough they release them to the public. So while the costs per shoe are cheap for R&D on a bigger bubble and all the changes that brings or the extra materials cost for 3M or white edged nubuck, it won't be worth it to Nike to spend the eytaoney and lose a few percentage points off the profit margin. And the person who could make that call don't care about how much the details mean to us. They just want to keep there job and get those fat bonus checks for increasing profits 2%.

they did restock- i was just able to snatch size 11. RUN!!

I see this is your first post - how did you find us?

I feel you. I have no way of verifying this but having been involved in some light manufacturing projects, you have a pass/fail percentage and as long as margins are in tact and you are 80% of where you want to be, things will go to production as long as there are. I safety concerns or materials quality issues.

I think Nike drafts up specs, looks at the cost to produce vs. what they'll wholesale them for and they get as close as they can without stepping on the margins they want. Once they get close enough they release them to the public. So while the costs per shoe are cheap for R&D on a bigger bubble and all the changes that brings or the extra materials cost for 3M or white edged nubuck, it won't be worth it to Nike to spend the eytaoney and lose a few percentage points off the profit margin. And the person who could make that call don't care about how much the details mean to us. They just want to keep there job and get those fat bonus checks for increasing profits 2%.
Ya, I've always figured that's what's usually going on. Would be interested to know if silver thread is more expensive than white thread, and if that's truly a reason for the change on that one detail LOL

Question:Does the toebox on this loosen up over time?
I did TTs on my wide feet and it is killing my pinky toe.

Im hesitant to get half size up because of heel slippage though.

So Shoe Palace is legit right? Just grabbed that 11 from there. I usually got 11.5 but I’ve downsized before. Thinking i should be good.

Good video bro, first one I’ve watched. Where are you from? I never actually known anyone who says Nike without the “ee” sound at the end lol. So it rhymes with like/bike/etc.

Pretty funny. Then you said “nik’ talk” lol

I also caught when you called swoosh the Nik’ check
I have heard people call it the check before, although it’s less common I think.
LMAO!! i am from Canada .
i call it Nike like bike , but sometimes i say NIKee.

like when i say nike air ( it is nike like bike )

i did say nike talk

So Shoe Palace is legit right? Just grabbed that 11 from there. I usually got 11.5 but I’ve downsized before. Thinking i should be good.
They’re a brick and mortar franchise store with locations around the country.

Their online site is definitely shaky, but whose isn’t these days.

I see this is your first post - how did you find us?

LOL... This community has done a lot for me and helped me out for a long time to find a place to secure a pair for a retail and to snatch massive sales, especially for Huaraches.
I always wanted to give it back to heads and contribute something to the community here, so I rushed to make the account here and posted a link when I saw this legendary pair (retail!) on SP.

Back
Top Bottom