Official Nike Air Max Penny 1 Updated - 2022 Retro Coming!

i have a feeling nike may continue to retro the pen line. its wishful thinking but we got the 1s last year and the 2s this year so maybe we can see the 3s next year and the 4s then next?

I might have all Penny Is, but I am not sure,

here are they with nicknames and the ones I do not know the nicknames, I simply mentioned the colorways:

OG Home
Road
Playoffs
Alternate Playoff (all black with white swoosh)
home heat (white/red)
Cool Grey
white/black
Knicks
China Edition
Miami Heat
Ripstop
Phoenix Suns
Black/Grey
Electric Green
Wolf Grey
Doernbecher
Treadwell
We're the playoffs the same as the all stars?

Penny 3 and 4 had no cushioning from what I remember or the zoom/air unit deflated. Still would buy an Away 4 though haha

Penny 3 and 4 had no cushioning from what I remember or the zoom/air unit deflated. Still would buy an Away 4 though haha

Yeah I believe they had zoom air. Whatever one is an air bubble with padding under the heel but not the toes.

Penny 3s at least

Last edited:
i agree with both of yall but the leather would be horrible and the suede/nubuk/durabuk would be garbage and you know it, btw my faves are 1>2>4>3, 3s were just weird and not really that great to me but if u liked them i hope they release for ya

They ain't gotta release, penny 3s can be had for deals still and should be wearable for at least a few more years. But if we gotta rank them I'm gonna go 3>2> 4 &1 tied I like all of them but the one and the 4s are significantly lower on the totem pole compared to the 3s and 2s

Finally hunted down anothr pair of these.

Man I need another pair ASAP. Mine are dirty as hell.

LOVE the look of this shoe but honestly, they're hella uncomfortable, imo. One of my favorite shoes looks wise though and by far my favorite Penny's.

what I got so far. According to Sole Collector, there has been 23 total releases. I'm missing a few. The reason I have 4 next to the og is because there were 4 releases and same goes for all star. Anyone wanna help out?

Orlando's
Cool Greys
All-Stars

In that order. If the price is right all 3 will be rocked-stocked-possibly clocked!?!?

Hard to find a pic. Trashed mine. Got them for 50 at Footlocker in high school. Almost impossible to put on, but comfortable once you got there.

Last edited:
The 4s weren't all that difficult for me to put on. Was it the process of messing with the strap and getting your foot into the bootie that made it difficult? The strap design was great that you can put it in a way that you didn't have to mess with it if you didn't plan to use it. The two pull tabs helped a lot, also helped I don't have big/wide foot lol

The 3's and 4's are difficult to put on. That's the reason why I don't wear the IV's that often. The 3's were just....terrible imo. I copped the OGs holiday in 97. I took them home, tried them on...and took them back to the store in less than an hour. I've never done anything like that before or since. They were just too stiff for me. I know the retros were a lot softer in terms of the foam material on them. 

Back
Top Bottom