OFFICIAL: NIKE AIR PENNY V (Release Dates, Colorway Updates, and Availability info)

i know the heavens cent was his tattoo, but it just looks lame and out of place on the shoe... maybe i will just cut the heel tabs off

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by OutLaw2j

Nice... i wish they didnt have the words on the back tab though. they should have put the words on the inside of the tongue.

That's the wackest part of them IMO. They should have put it in the insole.
+1

Originally Posted by Magic1978

New pics

7201839882.jpeg

My sober thoughts:
Still not feeling these, despite clean aesthetics and a coo combination of materials, these new pics confirmed my suspicions,  the silhouette¹ is awful. 
High ankle support x long toe box x the lace system =

banana1.jpg

not a fan of the protruding forefoot pods either.

¹silhouette - sil·hou·ette - 

[font=Arial Unicode MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial Unicode MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. One of the most integral aspects of a sneakers design aesthetic, often in times overlooked by the casual shoe collecter. [/font]

[font=Arial Unicode MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The characteristics of a shoes silhouette can gauge the the projects overall intended purpose and appeal. [/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial Unicode MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]analogy - The silhouette[/font][font=Arial Unicode MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] of a sneaker is as body lines are to a car.[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial Unicode MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]example - "The silhouette of them joints obviously aint finna work sitting under some denim, bro montana."[/font]

[/font]

Originally Posted by bigwhat62

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Too damn dope...glad bunch of people won't be buying them, just means it'll be easier for me to attain my pairs.

agreed man.  first leaked images of these that came out last year had me sold on them.  orlando color all the way for me and the miami as a maybe depending on my funds at the time. 

Don't be fooled.. It's the typical Niketalk "rebels" who say "not feeling them"and nitpic at every little thing.. Then buy at least three colorways.. It never fails.. I think this shoe was executed perfectly.. I love them and I will cop multiple pairs.. Even if they are a GR.. Penny's is what made me start copping shoes in 96 (4th Grade, I've always had Jordans thanks to Mom, but I never knew the hype behind shoes until Penny's).. I'm ecstatic that theyre picking up the line.

Originally Posted by IsTaYsTuNiNyA

Originally Posted by bigwhat62

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Too damn dope...glad bunch of people won't be buying them, just means it'll be easier for me to attain my pairs.

agreed man.  first leaked images of these that came out last year had me sold on them.  orlando color all the way for me and the miami as a maybe depending on my funds at the time. 

Don't be fooled.. It's the typical Niketalk "rebels" who say "not feeling them"and nitpic at every little thing.. Then buy at least three colorways.. It never fails.. I think this shoe was executed perfectly.. I love them and I will cop multiple pairs.. Even if they are a GR.. Penny's is what made me start copping shoes in 96 (4th Grade, I've always had Jordans thanks to Mom, but I never knew the hype behind shoes until Penny's).. I'm ecstatic that theyre picking up the line.

Buying at full price for $150, and for $49 on sale or at outlets are two totally different things.

Originally Posted by IsTaYsTuNiNyA

Originally Posted by jayzrdead

is this not just a morhped penny 2 for modern times
It was stated that its supposed to have a 90s feel to it.
haha perfect should have released them then or release an unreleased design

Damn, those are nicer than I thought they would be. The colorways really make or break this shoe, at least for me. I really like the Suns and Miami colorways but the Orlando colorway does absolutely nothing for me. Maybe it's becaus they're just so much like the Penny 2, which is a better looking shoe, IMO. These might get a little of my money after all.

Back
Top Bottom