Official Nike Air Ship | Solo Releases ‘22/‘23

Why won’t they just give us OG Air Ships with the correct OG Air Ship tooling? It’s so annoying that they keep releasing these fusions.

They aren't fusions. The "PE" stands for Player Edition, meaning it's a retro of MJ's mid tops and not the high retail version. I prefer the OGs too, just saying the PE is relevant.

edit: oh you probably meant the suede and cracked leather etc my bad

Just a thought- but maybe they only do the “PE” tooling so that way they connect it to Jordan. AFAIK Mike only wore the Air Ship “Pro Circuit” in the “Banned”colorway.

He probably didn’t like the chunkiness/heaviness of the pro circuit tooling so they gave him the AJ1 type tooling you see on the PE versions.

Maybe Nike thinks if they don’t attach them to Mike and keep them somewhat “limited” they will sit or somehow dilute the history and/or “mystique”. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Tech Greys touched down! These are clean. Great clean color way. I’ll take these over nuetral greys. Especially at this price. Will also be a lot easier to keep clean than the union ajkos which I also love
IMG_4771.jpeg
IMG_4770.jpeg
IMG_4773.jpeg

Tech Greys touched down! These are clean. Great clean color way. I’ll take these over nuetral greys. Especially at this price. Will also be a lot easier to keep clean than the union ajkos which I also love
IMG_4771.jpeg
IMG_4770.jpeg
IMG_4773.jpeg

How is the leather.. There is a yellow or green pair that has cardboard uppers. Hoping these are buttery like the NB pack and I think the Orange joints.

IMG_1491.jpeg
IMG_1493.jpeg
Definitely one of my favorites this year, first ever pair of Air Ships! Pics don’t do them justice. Too clean, materials, craftsmanship & the story are all done to perfection. & even more happy to get them for retail! Patience paid off this time! 😂

How is the leather.. There is a yellow or green pair that has cardboard uppers. Hoping these are buttery like the NB pack and I think the Orange joints.

Interested to know this as well, but I went ahead and pulled the trigger on StockX at under retail, less than retail plus tax with shipping/fees. I know these probably won't go like the blue Every Game joints, but the way these have been releasing, it's just much easier to scoop early.

Also, the Awake pair is an easy pass for me. Don't care for reptile print, regardless of other material quality.

Y’ALL HEARD IT HERE FIRST…
AWAKE NYC WILL HAVE THE AIR SHIP OF THE YEAR WHEN IT DROPS LATER THIS YEAR. I JUST SAW THE PHOTOS OF ‘EM, AND WHEN I TELL Y’ALL THEY’RE TUFF…THEY’RE TUUUFFFF!🔥

I SAW TWO COLORS…WHITE/RED & WHITE/ROYAL.
SNAKESKIN COLLARS, AND AWAKE BRANDING ON THE FOREFOOT LACE AREA.

IT WILL BE AN ACCOMPANYING AWAKE/JORDAN CAPSULE COLLECTION AS WELL…HOLLA.

CED B.
THIS JUST IN…YOU WERE RIGHT…HOLLA.

SPOON E.

What kinda insole, same as the Every Game?

Yup the same
IMG_4776.jpeg

Leather is butter on the toe, slightly more stiff reinforced on the upper but still butter imo
IMG_4775.jpeg

IMG_4771.jpeg
IMG_4770.jpeg
IMG_4773.jpeg
Such a great sneaker and a real sleeper of a model. No question, these are better than that debacle labeled the ‘85 Retro High.

IMG_4771.jpeg
IMG_4770.jpeg
IMG_4773.jpeg

great pics

man i wore my union ajko lows one time and i dunno how or why but the outsoles got SO dirty. like more dirty then when i wear something with an all white outsole. i mean it's no big deal, but it was like something i noticed immediately when i took them off and thought was odd

Just a thought- but maybe they only do the “PE” tooling so that way they connect it to Jordan. AFAIK Mike only wore the Air Ship “Pro Circuit” in the “Banned”colorway.

He probably didn’t like the chunkiness/heaviness of the pro circuit tooling so they gave him the AJ1 type tooling you see on the PE versions.

Maybe Nike thinks if they don’t attach them to Mike and keep them somewhat “limited” they will sit or somehow dilute the history and/or “mystique”. 🤷‍♂️
But I don’t understand why they won’t just give us the OG banned model that MJ wore though. It was literally the shoe that the NBA “Banned” lol

It’s a bit conspiracy theorist of me to say but you have me thinking that maybe Nike/JB want to actually whitewash their own history by having the AJ 1 Bred tied to this story instead of the Air Ship since they sell so many AJ 1s and it is obviously such an iconic model.

Back
Top Bottom