Official Nike Air Ship | Solo Releases ‘22/‘23

Awake NY x Jordan Air Ship
Release Date: 2023
Awake-NY-Jordan-Air-Ship.jpg
Awake-NY-Nike-Jordan-Air-Ship.jpg

Last edited:
I broke and ordered the every games in the university blue off the bay with the coupon KICKS4CHAMPS. It made the small resale reasonable so I wouldn't hate myself . You're welcomed! I'm sure now they will show up for retail and free shipping in the next 2 days.....lol

But I don’t understand why they won’t just give us the OG banned model that MJ wore though. It was literally the shoe that the NBA “Banned” lol

It’s a bit conspiracy theorist of me to say but you have me thinking that maybe Nike/JB want to actually whitewash their own history by having the AJ 1 Bred tied to this story instead of the Air Ship since they sell so many AJ 1s and it is obviously such an iconic model.

I hear you man. They did release the exact shoe, the “banned” Air Ship pro back in 2020. But, the way they did it, releasing exclusively overseas, primarily in a brick and mortar store in Italy, with virtually no fanfare here in the US, lends credence to that train of thought- that Nike doesn’t want to rewrite their own history books, for whatever reason. I don’t think it’s a “conspiracy theory” - I think that’s a pretty valid conclusion based on the evidence. Shout out to MJO23DAN who was instrumental in bringing the real history involving the Air Ship to light.

Knowing what we know now about it all, I thinks it obvious to see that Nike saw the whole banning of the Black and Red colorway as something to capitalize off of and use to market their new model., the Jordan 1. So to build on that narrative for decades to then pivot and say “sike. It was really this model over here that we pretended didn’t exist” honestly, in their minds probably has no value at this point. Or frankly, they don’t care as much as people like us who love the history, the culture, the nostalgia, etc. care about it. So here we are talking about it,; the shoes are selling, they are making money; so they are happy lol.

It would be cool to see some pro circuit models released with the added height, and I’d love to see more 80s-90s kicks that have faded into oblivion to come back with proper retros-not just Nike/Jordan but Converse and Reebok too.

On another note, how does everyone feel about the “release calendar” showing 10 new colorways upcoming for 2023-2024? Is it too much too soon? Will they cheapen the model’s historical significance and blur the lines between this shoe and the Jordan 1, or will it help the Air Ship become an appreciated sneaker among those who are not yet acquainted with the history of it?

Also, I noticed this on the release calendar E4343E43-37EB-438F-886F-A310DD0EB261.jpeg

Those are the same colors as the UNC Every Games… are these the Nigel F & F pair? 🤔👀🤞

Last edited:
A couple of recent pick-ups…after about a 3 year hiatus from buying kicks because, well, multiple things-
lots of personal and family things going on,
tired of all the hype making it so insanely difficult to manually pick up things I wanted at retail, and honestly I was content with all the kicks that I already had.

But one day, I just re-downloaded the SNKRS app and logged in, and for the heck of it, entered a raffle for the Fly Streetwear SB Dunks. To my astonishment, I actually hit-the first time I ever hit a raffle, of any type, lol. Well, since then, I’ve gone down the rabbit hole and have been on a spree of picking up things I missed out on while I was on my “sneaker sabbatical”, and of course some of the new stuff that’s been coming out…

IMG_3210.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom