Official Nike Air Ship | Solo Releases ‘22/‘23

Joechrome has a furry fetish? 💀
1712192861591.gif

IMG_6011.jpeg

^ Been meaning to post since I got these in on Monday (actually hit on SNKRS).

A couple of nice details, decent leather, and I’m a big fan of this shade of green.
Un-DS for the black AMM on this rainy day:

Not great lighting, but here’s a quick shot with the black AMM and the GR green pair. Delivered from SNKRS yesterday:

CC001295-FE05-4001-A37A-F05D888FDD33.jpeg
Thanks, fellas. brian8598 brian8598 going the extra mile.

Any rumors about anything other than predominately white-based Air Ship releases? Really hoping that they get to doing some darker colors on some releases before they completely beat this model into the ground. My dream would be some Georgetown-style colorways. I don't care about Georgetown University, but almost anything with grey and navy does it for me. Gimme a grey upper with navy blue collar/swoosh/outsole and/or a navy upper with grey collar/swoosh and I'm a very happy fella. Some options with a predominately black upper colorways would be nice too, and keep the quality where it is. I'm more than set on white Ships with (insert color) colored swoosh/collar. Even the rust pink colorblocking with almost any other color could be interesting.

Any rumors about anything other than predominately white-based Air Ship releases? Really hoping that they get to doing some darker colors on some releases before they completely beat this model into the ground. My dream would be some Georgetown-style colorways. I don't care about Georgetown University, but almost anything with grey and navy does it for me. Gimme a grey upper with navy blue collar/swoosh/outsole and/or a navy upper with grey collar/swoosh and I'm a very happy fella. Some options with a predominately black upper colorways would be nice too, and keep the quality where it is. I'm more than set on white Ships with (insert color) colored swoosh/collar. Even the rust pink colorblocking with almost any other color could be interesting.
I was wondering the same thing. Where are the black based colorways is right! Also, I love the Georgetown idea.

+1

I’d take a standard black upper with a white swoosh. Were there OG’s in that color blocking outside of the “banner’s”?

+1

I’d take a standard black upper with a white swoosh. Were there OG’s in that color blocking outside of the “banner’s”?

There were definitely black Blazers and Bruins in the early 80s, but the black/red Air Ship might have been the first Nike basketball shoe with a predominately black leather upper? Not finding much info on any such shoes actually existing, but they sure as hell didn't make brown or mint green hairy suede OGs either, and Nike has sold us those, so...

There were definitely black Blazers and Bruins in the early 80s, but the black/red Air Ship might have been the first Nike basketball shoe with a predominately black leather upper? Not finding much info on any such shoes actually existing, but they sure as hell didn't make brown or mint green hairy suede OGs either, and Nike has sold us those, so...

Basketball shoes at the time were predominantly white. That’s why the banned colorway made such a splash.

Are we ever gonna get those White/Red Air Ships again? As much as I want to buy another pair, I feel like my next (and last) pair of Ships would be those (would consider another pair if they drop the banned ones again)

Are we ever gonna get those White/Red Air Ships again? As much as I want to buy another pair, I feel like my next (and last) pair of Ships would be those (would consider another pair if they drop the banned ones again)

The black/red Air Ship Pros, white/red New Beginnings, and white/blue AMM are the three pairs I want most, and I doubt we'll ever get them again, at least not anytime soon. At this point I just hope they do some predominately black, navy, or grey based colorways (instead of just white/insert-color-here) before Nike beats the model to dust and retires them for a decade or more.

I think the only rumored models that are left to be released are that hornets colorway, the blue Awake NY pair, and Midnight Navy. Seems to be slowing down a bit.

Last edited:
i have an extra awake airship 8.5 if anyone needs. didnt know how ships would fit—slightly too snug for me tts

i have an extra awake airship 8.5 if anyone needs. didnt know how ships would fit—slightly too snug for me tts
Not my size unfortunately.

I have a pair of the diffused blues coming in this Saturday in my true size. I've normally gone up a half-size. I'm betting they're going to feel similar on foot to my NG '85 lows (the only '85 I own).

Not my size unfortunately.

I have a pair of the diffused blues coming in this Saturday in my true size. I've normally gone up a half-size. I'm betting they're going to feel similar on foot to my NG '85 lows (the only '85 I own).
yep thats a great comparison, i have the metallic 85 low in 8.5 and wouldnt have minded a 9. feet on the wider size and prefer little extra space.

sheeeesh im an 8.5

i gotchu if you need, pm me. looks like market is under, but so ill take a fair hit and hook up a fellow NTer

Back
Top Bottom